What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Team

hellteam

First Grade
Good team you guys will have next year, but I think you might need a quality halfback to win a premiership. Yesterday it was clear Hayne wasn't able to do his usual brilliance against good defence.

Mortimer isn't a good enough ball-player to do it all himself either, Eels shouldn't have let go of Trent Hodkinson.

84 Baby

Referee
There's only 1 back assured of his spot in next year's starting lineup and he's the Dally M. Every other back including Tahu will have to work their butt off to prove they deserve the spot. Our forwards are set, just a matter of who starts and who's on the bench. May come down to who we're playing. The only other position is the bench utility - Mitchell, K Keating or Robson?

Last edited:

yosemite

Juniors
1.Hayne
2.Burt
3.Inu
4.Tahu
5.Grothe
6.Mortimer
7.Robson
8.Cayless
9.Robson
10.Poore
11.Hindmarsh
12.Smith/ Reddy
13.Mateo

14.KK
15.Moi Moi
16.Shackleton
17.Mannah

I do like the idea of Reddy being groomed to play in the 2nd Row like Benny.....He is big, good defender & can run good lines playing wide ( like Hoffman did to us yesterday)

Moi Moi of the bench, by no means because he is the lesser of the props - just purely for impact.

If either Grothe or Burt leave us- would use Humble/Jono Wright in their place.

Suge

Juniors
I agree with Moi Moi off the bench, for impact. Can see Poore as the starting front rower. I can also see Inu moving to a utility role. He has the size for it.

Here is my team:

1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Tahu
4. Reddy
5.Grothe
6. Mortimer
7. Robson/Keating
8. Cayless
9. Keating
10. Poore
11. Hindmarsh
12. Shackelton
13. Mateo

14. Inu
15. Moi Moi
16. Mannah
17. Ben Smith

footy1

Juniors
Parramatta Eels 2010

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Luke Burt
3. Krisnan Inu
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe
6. Daniel Mortimer
7. Jeff Robson
8. Nathan Cayless (c)
9. Matt Keating
10. Justin Poore
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Ben Smith
13. Feleti Mateo

14. Kris Keating
15. Fuifui Moimoi
16. Shane Shackleton
17. Tim Mannah

Krisnan Inu is in a rich vein of form at the moment. I've been very impressed with him lately and he seems to be fulfilling his potential. Great player who is making his mark now. Unlucky for Joel Reddy as I just can not find a place for him. You guys need Burt to kick the goals.

Jodeci

Bench
1. Hayne
2. Inu
3. Reddy
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Mortimer
7. K Keating
8. Cayless
9. M Keating
10. Poore
11. Hindmarsh
12. Smith
13. Mateo

14. Burt
15. Shackleton
16. Moimoi
17. Mannah

I actually agree with that line up.

Burt will come on to replace Guru around the 55 minute mark and move into the second row as the spare forward.

Similar to what Bennett does at the Dragons by brining in Nightengale and moving Beau Scott from right centre to the back row

ianlovesparra

Juniors
1.Hayne
2.Burt
3.Reddy
4.Tahu
5.Inu(If Grothe leaves)
6.Mortimer
7.Keating(Robson back up half)
8.Cayless
9.Keating
10.Moimoi
11.Hindy
12.Smith
13.Mateo

14.Kingston(hopefully he stays)
15.Shackleton
16.Poore
17.Mannah

18.Wright
19.Humble(Don't want to see him thrown in to early)
20.Hauraki(Back up)
21.Filiga(Big off season and i think he could be a surprise packet)

yy_cheng

Coach
I actually agree with that line up.

Burt will come on to replace Guru around the 55 minute mark and move into the second row as the spare forward.

Similar to what Bennett does at the Dragons by brining in Nightengale and moving Beau Scott from right centre to the back row

Thing is Benny, Hindy and Mateo are 80 min players. Benny could take a break but not Hindy and Mateo. Although in saying that, Hindy should take breaks to increase his longetivity in the game.

So the rotation should only be for PROPS and HOOKER.

I would have the same team as well but I have no idea how to play the 14.

Mickyd39

Juniors
I think DA has a lot to work out in the off season.(stating the obvious).

What a great position to be in with the quality of players he has to choose from.

Like the rest of us he probably wishes the new season started next week.

Bring on 2010.

OT:

if there is some chance those di*ckhead bulldog supporters that were sitting behind me on sunday are reading this, like i said to you wa*kers at the game, just remember who knocked you out the week before. That goes to all the SCUM fans.

PARRA GLORY IN 2010.

84 Baby

Referee
OT:

if there is some chance those di*ckhead bulldog supporters that were sitting behind me on sunday are reading this, like i said to you wa*kers at the game, just remember who knocked you out the week before. That goes to all the SCUM fans.

PARRA GLORY IN 2010.
Us losing means that realistically they were what... the 4th best team this year? People may struggle to remember who the runners up were but noone cares who lost in the semis

lewiscook

Juniors
I'd like to see Reddy as a wide running back rower next year with the inclusion of Tahu in our backs, my team would be:

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Luke Burt
3. Krisnan Inu
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe
6. Daniel Mortimor
7. Kris Keating
8. Nathan Cayless
9. Matt Keating
10. Justin Poore
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Joel Reddy
13. Feleti Mateo

14. Shane Shackleton (great hole runner, DA will do wonders for him especially in attack i feel).
15. Fui Fui Moi Moi (magical impact off the bench)
16. Tim Mannah
17. Ben Smith (or have Anthony Mitchell/Kevin Kingston, although i think matty is quite capable of playing the full 80, especially with the strike power in both the backs and forwards).

Thoughts...?
I know it looks a bit different but i think it will give us a great platform coming from the forwards for our outside backs to weave there magic.
Im confident Matt Keating can play the full 80 im just no sold on Ben Smith yet sorry. Yes Benny's defence is great but his attack is a bit ordinary and always seems to gettin driven back or stopped?

I like Reddy in the back row, allows him to get more involved and link up with the outside backs in a Frank Pritchard/Dave Taylor way. . .

yy_cheng

Coach
I'd like to see Reddy as a wide running back rower next year with the inclusion of Tahu in our backs, my team would be:

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Luke Burt
3. Krisnan Inu
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe
6. Daniel Mortimor
7. Kris Keating
8. Nathan Cayless
9. Matt Keating
10. Justin Poore
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Joel Reddy
13. Feleti Mateo

14. Shane Shackleton (great hole runner, DA will do wonders for him especially in attack i feel).
15. Fui Fui Moi Moi (magical impact off the bench)
16. Tim Mannah
17. Ben Smith (or have Anthony Mitchell/Kevin Kingston, although i think matty is quite capable of playing the full 80, especially with the strike power in both the backs and forwards).

Thoughts...?
I know it looks a bit different but i think it will give us a great platform coming from the forwards for our outside backs to weave there magic.
Im confident Matt Keating can play the full 80 im just no sold on Ben Smith yet sorry. Yes Benny's defence is great but his attack is a bit ordinary and always seems to gettin driven back or stopped?

I like Reddy in the back row, allows him to get more involved and link up with the outside backs in a Frank Pritchard/Dave Taylor way. . .

In response to your Burt post on the Rumours thread

The only thing I could think of would be Burt to 6, KK to hooker, MK off.

But then Burt will need to defend on the wing.

And you don't really want to change your halves, so that is a waste.

THe other suggestion would be:

1. Burt/Reddy/INU (BRI)
2. Grothe
3. RI
4. Tahu
5. BRI
6. Hayne
7. Mortz

14. KK

Hayne can still play the same role as he does in attack now but he would spend alot of energy defending.

Anyway, in the last 3 weeks, how many Kick Return breaks have Hayne made?
They always kick to Burt.

lewiscook

Juniors
In response to your Burt post on the Rumours thread

The only thing I could think of would be Burt to 6, KK to hooker, MK off.

But then Burt will need to defend on the wing.

And you don't really want to change your halves, so that is a waste.

THe other suggestion would be:

1. Burt/Reddy/INU (BRI)
2. Grothe
3. RI
4. Tahu
5. BRI
6. Hayne
7. Mortz

14. KK

Hayne can still play the same role as he does in attack now but he would spend alot of energy defending.

Anyway, in the last 3 weeks, how many Kick Return breaks have Hayne made?
They always kick to Burt.

I thinks you who still thinks Hayne to 5/8?
I agree with this, but not just yet, i feel he still needs to keep weeving his magic at fullback for another couple of years and then move him back to 5/8.
I believe later in Hayne's career his best position will be 5/8...

Im going to get blasted for this aye?

yy_cheng

Coach
I thinks you who still thinks Hayne to 5/8?
I agree with this, but not just yet, i feel he still needs to keep weeving his magic at fullback for another couple of years and then move him back to 5/8.
I believe later in Hayne's career his best position will be 5/8...

Im going to get blasted for this aye?

Hayne is a natural ball runner better suited to Fullback at the moment as he can chime in when he likes.

When he was the playmaker in the GF, he struggled as that is not how he was brought up along his training.

Furthermore, he runs less.

Hayne will end up as a ball playing lock in his latter years for mine.

A bradley clyde with the skills of Dymock.

But one of Grothe, INU, Reddy or Burt will miss out. That's $200k sitting on the sideline.

I think DA will experiment for the 1st 10 rounds and then settle on the starting line up.

Hopefully, after 10 rounds, we would be in a better position than this year after 10 rounds.

Bazal

Post Whore
I see us rotating wingers next year tbh, like we did in 2001 with Burt Moodie and Donald. Burt and Inu will probably be the two rotated outside Tahu, I simply can't see us leaving Grothe out, he's too good. My team would be;

1-Hayne
5-Grothe
3-Reddy
4-Tahu
5-Burt or Inu
6-Mortimer
7-K Keating
8-Cayless (c)
9-Keating
10-Poore
11-Hindy
12-Shackleton
13-Mateo

14-Mitchell
15-MoiMoi
16-Smith
17-Mannah

Ant

Juniors
For once we are in great position of having to make some really tough calls.

Thought I would put in the age players turn next year as well.
1. Hayne (22)
2. Burt (29)
3. Tahu (30)
4. Reddy (25)
5. Grothe (30)
6. Mortimer (21)
7. Keating (22)
8. Poore (25)
9. Keating (24)
10. Moi Moi (31)
11. Hindy (31)
12. Shackleton (28)
13. Mateo (26)
----
14. Kingston (27)
15. Smith (26)
16. Cayless (32)
17. Mannah (22)
-----
18. Inu (23)
19. Humble (22)
20. J.Wright (23)
21. Mitchell (??)
22. Hauraki (25)

Robson ???? (28)

Well the big question is either kingston or robson stay. You would think only one would stay. If kingston stays my team would be as above to start round 1, but if robson stays kris back to take the utility bench role.

On the backline, look I guess first we need to see where Timana is at. But for mine I think Inu misses out. He has some brilliance but it is inconsistent and his lack of speed is worry in the longer term. Look in the end its a really hard decision, but I just think Tahu comes in for Inu and the rest of the structure stays in place.

On the pack, I put the two new guys in. Look Cayless is a champion, but he will be 32 next year and I think Moi Moi has proved in recent months that he offers plenty starting. I think he can offer us heaps off the bench and its the begginning of a transition period. I know its a bit of a no no, but I think honestly Cayless off the bench is the right move, he would be co captain with Hindy.

Smith has been great defencively but he needs to learn to hit the line hard. He needs to put that little shuffle in the bag unless there is plenty of space, because I think I have seen it beat someone once in about 2 years. He has all the attributes to be a great running backrower, possibly even at the highest level, because he is a punishing defender. But we need to see him hit the line hard.

No matter what the rotation I love our pack and I think Matt Keating is really developing and could be something special.

In the end whether we can take the next step is probably up to how our young halves step up, or robson.

yosemite

Juniors
For once we are in great position of having to make some really tough calls.

Thought I would put in the age players turn next year as well.
1. Hayne (22)
2. Burt (29)
3. Tahu (30)
4. Reddy (25)
5. Grothe (30)
6. Mortimer (21)
7. Keating (22)
8. Poore (25)
9. Keating (24)
10. Moi Moi (31)
11. Hindy (31)
12. Shackleton (28)
13. Mateo (26)
----
14. Kingston (27)
15. Smith (26)
16. Cayless (32)
17. Mannah (22)
-----
18. Inu (23)
19. Humble (22)
20. J.Wright (23)
21. Mitchell (??)
22. Hauraki (25)

Robson ???? (28)

Well the big question is either kingston or robson stay. You would think only one would stay. If kingston stays my team would be as above to start round 1, but if robson stays kris back to take the utility bench role.

On the backline, look I guess first we need to see where Timana is at. But for mine I think Inu misses out. He has some brilliance but it is inconsistent and his lack of speed is worry in the longer term. Look in the end its a really hard decision, but I just think Tahu comes in for Inu and the rest of the structure stays in place.

On the pack, I put the two new guys in. Look Cayless is a champion, but he will be 32 next year and I think Moi Moi has proved in recent months that he offers plenty starting. I think he can offer us heaps off the bench and its the begginning of a transition period. I know its a bit of a no no, but I think honestly Cayless off the bench is the right move, he would be co captain with Hindy.

Smith has been great defencively but he needs to learn to hit the line hard. He needs to put that little shuffle in the bag unless there is plenty of space, because I think I have seen it beat someone once in about 2 years. He has all the attributes to be a great running backrower, possibly even at the highest level, because he is a punishing defender. But we need to see him hit the line hard.

No matter what the rotation I love our pack and I think Matt Keating is really developing and could be something special.

In the end whether we can take the next step is probably up to how our young halves step up, or robson.

Our 3/4's (wing/centres) are starting to look a bit old next year , aren't they? Hopefully they can capitalise on a premiership, or it might be too late......