What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Under-20s squads

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
Not sure but he's a talent around 6ft and 110kg, he was the only player from Auckland that the Storm picked up a season back. Good to see him come home even if for family reasons, the storms loss is the Warriors gain.

The Storm had him at school in Brisbane last year - not even close to Toyota Cup standard

Fair enough, I understand he is only 17 and captained the Auckland U16s last year and then made the New Zealand under 16 team. He also made the New Zealand U18 team this year also.

Also benches 140kg at 17 which isnt half bad. He's being talked up as a great prospect and totaly dominated the junior ranks. Be interesting how he turns out.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Fair enough, I understand he is only 17 and captained the Auckland U16s last year and then made the New Zealand under 16 team. He also made the New Zealand U18 team this year also.

Also benches 140kg at 17 which isnt half bad. He's being talked up as a great prospect and totaly dominated the junior ranks. Be interesting how he turns out.

He's definately the goods. got the x factor - he's not actually that big IMO.
He wont be starting prop - he would be more impact but he will have a few games at least.

Neecrom should be starting prop - didnt get a look in at tigers really - they are loyal to local talent.

Warriors suffer as they dont have SG BAll. Sg ball prepares players physically - half of the warriors squad wouldnt handle the training in australia.

Also Problem with warriors is they dont enough halves / hookers.
Too Worried about size..
I like Inu / Gibson at standoff both have. Gibson comparable to foran - quite tough good passing game.
Seriously Nafe seluini at hooker - they would have problems there.
Kingi is ok from what Ive seen nothing special though.

Seriously Saliva Havili will probably get game time if thats there hookers and the bloke played u/16's last year.

If warriors are serious about development then they wont even look at Joe Mua or Joe Mua until they get fit.
Same goes for sam louisi.
Mua is a monster biggest back in the NYC easy. Like Bristowe on steroids/ taro however can't pass the ball to save his life.

He's definately the goods. got the x factor - he's not actually that big IMO.
He wont be starting prop - he would be more impact but he will have a few games at least.

Neecrom should be starting prop - didnt get a look in at tigers really - they are loyal to local talent.

Warriors suffer as they dont have SG BAll. Sg ball prepares players physically - half of the warriors squad wouldnt handle the training in australia.

Also Problem with warriors is they dont enough halves / hookers.
Too Worried about size..
I like Inu / Gibson at standoff both have. Gibson comparable to foran - quite tough good passing game.
Seriously Nafe seluini at hooker - they would have problems there.
Kingi is ok from what Ive seen nothing special though.

Seriously Saliva Havili will probably get game time if thats there hookers and the bloke played u/16's last year.

If warriors are serious about development then they wont even look at Joe Mua or Joe Mua until they get fit.
Same goes for sam louisi.
Mua is a monster biggest back in the NYC easy. Like Bristowe on steroids/ taro however can't pass the ball to save his life.

Is Mua still about 6ft 110kg ?

I think he could he a huge future star.

Also tell us a bit more about Neccron, what makes him starting material ?

Last edited:

footy1

Juniors
Does anyone know what the Broncos under 20's squad will look like for 2010? Thanks.

I'd imagine they will line up something like this if they are at full-strength:

1. Gerard BEALE
2. Lachlan MARANTA
3. Aaron WHITECHURCH
4. Dale COPLEY
5. Dane GAGAI
6. Corey NORMAN
7. Ben HUNT (C)
8. Dunamis LUI
9. Kurt BAPTISTE
10. Andrew CLAYTON
11. Korbin SIMS
12. Kurtis LINGWOODOCK
13. James ACKERMAN

14. Tariq SIMS
15. Mitchell FREI
16. Ben MALLEY
17. Todd MURPHY

Last edited:

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Is Mua still about 6ft 110kg ?

I think he could he a huge future star.

Also tell us a bit more about Neccron, what makes him starting material ?

I would say so.
Yes he did dominate at times - running across the field fending of half the team etc.
He cant pass ball though.

Not completely baggin the bloke - he has got size and can move for a big bloke.
However I've seen him taken out of game by players half his size.

One dimensional. Over-agro a la rusty at times but worse. Though if played senior footy he would bashed out of the game.

At least rusty, james te pou have more in their bag of tricks.

However if warriors develop him right then yes- hell go good.
But then they selected people like vuna and niko on the wing last year. And what expected them to run over everybody.lol.

Neecrom is physically ready. He won a fox title at high school, spent a year or two at keebra and a year at tigers. He is a big unit - like King and could set a platform - then chuck on some impact like vaivai / sopoaga.

Last edited:

Lox

Juniors
my warriors 17-

1 - omar
2 - ah van
3 - likiliki
4 - te pou
5 - tupou
6 - inu
7 - johnson
8 - king
9 - seluini
10 - sua poe
11 - henry
12 - niko
13 - taylor

14 - ikahihifo
15 - neccrom
16 - mua?
17 - vaivai

Bay Vikings

Juniors
I would say so.
Yes he did dominate at times - running across the field fending of half the team etc.
He cant pass ball though.

Not completely baggin the bloke - he has got size and can move for a big bloke.
However I've seen him taken out of game by players half his size.

One dimensional. Over-agro a la rusty at times but worse. Though if played senior footy he would bashed out of the game.

At least rusty, james te pou have more in their bag of tricks.

However if warriors develop him right then yes- hell go good.
But then they selected people like vuna and niko on the wing last year. And what expected them to run over everybody.lol.

Neecrom is physically ready. He won a fox title at high school, spent a year or two at keebra and a year at tigers. He is a big unit - like King and could set a platform - then chuck on some impact like vaivai / sopoaga.

Neecrom should be starting on experience alone but I reckon the Warriors will muck him around initially unless he dominates in the trial games. He's not named in the contracted top 34 eh but he should be. He could take Labans place for a start. I heard he's been a monster at training.

Mua started out with the Hawks prems on the wing this year then dropped back to 18s when the top side didn't make Fox or maybe a bit earlier. Don't know about his pass cos he either scored or dented the line whenever he got the ball in the juniors.

Louisi's problem isn't general fitness, it's injuries.

I never thought Kingi was anything special either in the past but watched him a bit this year and he's well improved. He's added creativity to his game which was missing. He's one of those kids that's a product of good training and coaching rather than natural talent. Seen him training by himself at the local gym lately on top of his Warriors training, that's always a good sign of a players determination to make it.

Totally agree with you on your SG Ball theory and the Warriors obsession with size. Brisbane destroyed them this year with 100kg props, the 20s game is too fast for 110kg wingers like Niko and Limu Franklin etc. An Auckland SG Ball side isn't feasable but the pressure cooker environment is missing from junior football here and the NJC isn't that difficult for Auckland either.

Who's Jethro Friend contracted to? He's the junior player everyone was talking about this year.

Why doesn't Rusty go to the QCup?

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
Broncos 20's

Gagai has pulled the pin - not been sighted at the Broncos for a month.

K.Sims & Frei are not expected to play NYC until 2nd half of the season. I can't see Ben Malley playing NYC at all - too small

Big Pete

Referee
According to Action Photos

Chris Astill
Jarred Broderick
Sam Campbell
Jayden Dellana
Kali Fai Fai Loa
Matt Gallagher
Kane Gillies
Nathan Jones
Justin King
Kyle Mallyon
Simon Maslanka
Tim Moore
Mitchell Neilson
Max Ray
Mitchell Rein
Travis Roche
Scott Rosser
Wes Suckley
Shannon Wakeman

tezzah

Juniors
1. Glenn Fisiiahi - speed demon, scored an amazing 80m try vs Newtown in 2009. Scored a double that game before being carried off the field in a high tackle.
2. Bill Tupou - solid and reliable, lots of dummy half runs. Great reliable finisher
3. Siuatonga Likiliki, likely to play 1st grade should Ropo not step up! Been training the house down for much of 2009.
4. Sosaia Feki, bolter- very athletic, good headspace- given opportunity will definitely outshine in NYC and push ahead of other Warriors NYc players
5. Thomas Ah Van - same as Bill Tupou, hopefully remains injury free too
6. Zensei Inu - obviously needs to get fitter, lots of skill
7. Shaun Johnson - will be alot better for the offseason and can hopefully look to become more of a leader in 2010
8. Beau King - started prop along with Laban, alot fitter and stronger as the year grew on
9. Alehana Mara - training with 1st grade and still eligible for NYC, will push Hendo for a position if he can continue his rise from 2009
10. Luke Laban - alot more fitter, fitness = work rate, thought he eventually performed alot better than James Gavet with metres gained & overall workrate etc
11. Neccron Areaiti, big hitter for the Marlins. Keebra would have helped his development- Tigers only played him for a handful amount of games off the bench. Will need to have a very big year to show Warriors that he is deserving of a 1st grade contract.
12. Ben Henry, noticed for his attacking ability
13. Elijah Taylor - althought signed to 1st grade, had utility value about him. Definitely not a stand off!

14. Nafe Seluni - 3rd year in NYC, will bring utility value. Runs alot out of dummy half.
15. Jordan Tuarae - released early in 2009 from the Storm for playing up. Warriors should look to him for should Zensei not step up to par.
15. Mathew Robinson - apparently has been training very well and is very quick over 100metres.
16. Lance Sua Poe - bench player bringing lots of impact. Will push Luke Laban for a starting spot.
17. James Te Pou

Patrick Vaivai was not with the Storm SG ball side. Pretty sure he was in an elite academy similar to the Warriors Academy program before heading off to Brisbane and then back to Auckland. Storm have Kali & Mike Che Kam from Auckland 18s squad who are training/playing for the storm in 2010. Che Kam has been a very impressive from what I've heard esp. with fitness conditioning.
Joe Mua will need to get fitter, faster esp. at NYC level. Pretty sure he will be pushing hard seeing that he has a life line after his short stint with the Cowboys.

Big Pete

Referee
Brisbane Broncos Toyota Cup Squad according to Action Photos
James Ackerman
Mboya Adams
Anthony Atkins
Chris Binge
Tyson Brooks
Kayle Connor
Tennyson Elliott
Keiran English
Ben Faulkner
Mitchell Frei
Louis Frisby
Dane Gagai
Dylan Galloway
Bryce Hegarty
Jordan Kahu
Lyndon Law
Benn Malley
Lachlan Maranta
Rhys Matsen
Sam Miles
Todd Murphy
Sam Nielson
Nathaniel Peteru-Barnett
Waita Setu
Korbin Sims
Kristian Wanka
Aaron Whitechurch
Josh Williams

Coach: Matthew Wood

neddy

Juniors
Broncos 20's

Gagai has pulled the pin - not been sighted at the Broncos for a month.

K.Sims & Frei are not expected to play NYC until 2nd half of the season. I can't see Ben Malley playing NYC at all - too small

""Gagai is back training he had a death in his family