What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 WA Reds SG Ball Draw

joondalup_giant

Staff member
From the Canberra Raiders site

http://www.raiders.com.au/default.aspx?s=sg-season-draw

Round 1
WA v Balmain @ ME Bank Stadium 14/2
Round 2
Canberra v WA @ Leichhardt Oval 20/2
Round 3
Cronulla v WA @ Toyota Park 27/2
Round 4
Parramatta v WA @ Cabramatta sports 6/3
Round 5
Bulldogs v WA @ CUA Stadium 13/3
Round 6
Newcastle v WA @ Energy Aust 30/3
Round 7
South Sydney v WA @ Erskineville Oval 2/4
Round 8
WA v Illawarra @ TBA
Round 9
WA v Penrith @ TBA

Nuke

Staff member
3 home games out of 9? The way I'm thinking is that the decision-makers at WA Reds HQ agreed to this because it'd be a way to recruit East Coast 18yr olds to play for the WA Reds without having to relocate across to the other side of the country -into virtual obscurity from NRL clubs. This way the Reds can have a more competitive team but without having to co-erce kids to leave their families, friends, and lives behind in NSW.

Plus it'd save having to worry about how many are going to turn up to watch them play over here (not many would be my guess I'm afraid) and would save money with reduced amounts of airfares. I would think -for the 6 weeks they're playing every week in NSW- they'd be based over there.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Will be very tough for them but best of luck. I still am confused to what they think this will lead to and still think a Bundy cup team would have been better but good luck Reds.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
it will be hard for them 2 gel as a team with players being based in NSW, so dont know how they'll get over that hurdle

Nuke

Staff member
I think that's probably why they have 6 straight weeks of games in NSW. There's the first game over here, which was probably only arranged for over here because it's a way to get their name to as many WA League supporters as possible (to play before an NRL game). There's also the final 2 games over here, possibly to balance out the home:away games ratio a little bit. This would also benefit the few WA-based players too, to have consecutive games in WA.

Kaivitii

Juniors
I think they are going to have a trial game this week for the potential players - venue possibly north beach.

Perth Red

Post Whore
http://www.warugbyleague.com.au/content/news/?page=3&nid=4141&oid=

Date: 15/01/2010BILLETS NEEDED FOR SG BALL PLAYERS

Our SG Team Directors Charlie and Brad have recruited extremely well and we are now seeing the arrival of some exciting young players to boost our local players in the SG Ball team this year.
This however brings us a challenge and that is finding somewhere for them to live.
We are offering a $150 a week billeting package for any dedicated WARL supporter who would consider offering a room and meals to one or more of the these players.
If you are interested in finding out more pleased email Brad Hopes on bradh@bhpromotions.com.au or phone him on 0414453100
Your help will be appreciated and who knows, you may be housing a future NRL star!

j5o6hn

Juniors
For all the REDS SG BALL side is playing the Bulldogs on Sat 30 Jan and Freo on the 6th Feb,at KEN ALLEN field,see you there,ON WARL and BULLDOGS Website,I pinched it and added it their

j5o6hn

Juniors
Anyone interested in seeing bits of play and pics from the trial game today RedsSG Ball Vs a mix of the Bulldogs grades Pics on Bulldogs WARL site and my You tube and grandstand net,links to you tube and Grandstand net on Bulldogs site.
As it has been a long day I wont have them up till tomorrow

joondalup_giant

Staff member
Reds beat the Bulldogs 38-20

i went down n watched most of the game, when i left they were down so good to see them fight back and win. The bulldogs side probably only had 3 geniune 1st graders in it, the rest looked like under 18s and some Reds hopefuls.

it was really windy so obviously the kicking game from both sides struggled - accept for a kick from reds halfback which resulted in a try from a freakish bounce!

was impressed with the Reds fullback and wingers, they seemed to do alot of work especially gettin outta there own half

j5o6hn

Juniors
Balmain were eliminated in the opening round of the finals last year,so they from my limited knowledge a good side

albert

Juniors
With a big crowd looming on Sunday what an experience for these teams.
I would suggest that they would never play in front of as many people at such a young age.I bet there nerves will be right up there.
Good luck to the Junior Reds I hope you do our state proud.

SuperSoward

Juniors
Well they took 2 from the East Coast because they are in my team. But one has been cut because he rolled his ankle. Quinlan is still there though.

Latest posts