What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 World Cup - Argentina 4 Korea Republic 1 - Group B

abpanther

Staff member
Man I'm worried about this game, Korea were very impressive to me in their opening game, well organised, plenty of energy and nice crisp passing, Park has the ability to cause Argentina plenty of problems.

Veron has been ruled out for the game with a leg injury, not sure if this is a bad thing considering how poorly he played in the first game, I assume either Maxi Rodriguez will come into the side, or Burdisso will come in at right back and Gutierrez will move into the midfield.

Should be a good game this one...

weasel

First Grade
I dunno what to expect. The anticipation here in Korea is huge. Realistically, the Koreans don't expect to get a result against Argentina, but as you say their team is in great form.

Argentina did look ominous on Saturday night, I thought. Didn't quite click, but I reckon they'll get a big win at some point in the group stage, just wonder whether it'll be tonight or against Greece. If they turn it on they could easily blow Korea away, although I hope not, it would be hugely deflating for the Koreans ahead of the final crunch game.

I just can't see a Korea win, but a draw... maybe. I finish work around half time, but thankfully my phone has DMB, so I can have it on while teaching my final class, I'm sure my students won't be bothered.

andrew057

First Grade
2il0a36.jpg

langpark

First Grade
:lol: lovin the pic!

i'm scared to make predictions, the way the WC has gone so far, but wat the hell, 2-1 Argentina.

Moffo

Referee
argies looked smooth in the first half...geez i cream myself when i watch tevez play. one of the more underrated players of all time

abpanther

Staff member
Very happy with our performance, defense looks very shaky as always but look very capable in attack, and that with Messi not being at his best today. Nice to have options like Aguero and Milito on the bench, I thought Aguero was good when he came on...

fish eel

Immortal
I'm actually going to say despite what were great goals, that scoreline flattered Argentina.

They look real vulnerable at the back. They were losing the plot for a brief period of time at 2-1 and it should have been 2-2.

They did score some sweet goals though.

Messi was brilliant

Big Mick

Referee
That was clinical. Could have been like 6-3 haha.

But that Argentina core with just pure attacking genius...wow.

abpanther

Staff member
Yeah I agree Fish Eel, for a period there in the second half Korea were definitely in the ascendancy, Argentina switched off and looked very shaky at the back. But their attack should cause teams plenty of problem...

Cletus

First Grade
Messi was unbeleivable. One of the players of the tournament for sure. They were saying in the commentary that the Argies are playing five strikers, how does that work?

fish eel

Immortal
Yeah I agree Fish Eel, for a period there in the second half Korea were definitely in the ascendancy, Argentina switched off and looked very shaky at the back.

They seemed to be losing the plot (a couple of quick cards).

Would have been interesting to see their reaction if the Koreans had scored and equalised - which they should have

But their attack should cause teams plenty of problem...

For sure, I'm looking forward to when they play a stronger team. A better defence and more clinical attack will really test them.

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
Korea missed a very good chance to equalise in the second half, having said that they should never have been only 1 goal behind at half time anyway...

abpanther

Staff member
I'll take Tevez over Aguero any day of the week, a much more consistent player IMO

Latest posts