What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 World Cup - Italy 1 New Zealand 1 - (Group F)

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Brilliant.

Games like these personify what the World Cup is about.

Take a bow Ricki Herbert.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Out of curiosity, as unlikely as it may be, what do NZ have to do to advance?

If NZ win then they're in and if they lose then they're out, obviously.

If NZ draw and Italy or Serbia win then they're out.

So basically if NZ draw then Italy/Serbia have to draw, and then what does it come down to? Goal difference will be the same if NZ/Italy are on the same amount of points. Does it then come down to most goals scored, least goals conceded or something else?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Out of curiosity, as unlikely as it may be, what do NZ have to do to advance?

If NZ win then they're in and if they lose then they're out, obviously.

If NZ draw and Italy or Serbia win then they're out.

So basically if NZ draw then Italy/Serbia have to draw, and then what does it come down to? Goal difference will be the same if NZ/Italy are on the same amount of points. Does it then come down to most goals scored, least goals conceded or something else?

it isn't serbia, but i've been getting it wrong between slovenia and slovakia all week, and not at 4am so i'll give you a pass.

Danish

Referee
FIFA gave man of the match to De Rossi. :lol:

Great job Kiwis. Paston is a hero.

saw that as well.

How anyone could look past Paston is simply astonishing....

then again in crooked italy land selling a dive into a penalty is MoM material :lol:

what odds the azuri lodge some sort of whinging protest re the offside goal?

Ridders

Coach
Not sure what the tie-breaker is if your equal on points and +/- is equal. I'd guess head-to-head results but if you drew with the team your level on points with, no idea.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I assumed it would come down to either goals scored for or least goals conceded. I just don't know whether to cheer for a highscoring draw or a low scoring one (provided NZ actually winning isn't an option).

Bumble

First Grade
a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
b) goal difference in all group matches;
c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.
If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their rankings will be determined as follows:
d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned;
g) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
While I'm on the subject, which game is played first? NZ V paraguay or Italy V Slovakia/Slovenia/Serbia/The S Team?

Would be handy to know whats required before taking the field.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Well done NZ, fully deserved.

This is what you get when you stack the team full of spastic Juventus players. Lippi can GGF.

Ridders

Coach
From Italy's side, Montolivo had a couple of nice efforts. One was a poster and the other drew an awesome save from Paston

Danish

Referee
this just in....

tmana tahu is mentally shattered at the racist undertones of the nickname all whites and will be out for 2 weeks