What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 World Cup - Italy 1 New Zealand 1 - (Group F)

Bumble

First Grade
While I'm on the subject, which game is played first? NZ V paraguay or Italy V Slovakia/Slovenia/Serbia/The S Team?

Would be handy to know whats required before taking the field.

Both of the 3rd games in the Group Stage are played at the same time, to prevent teams colluding.

Danish

Referee
except in cases where the standings of a group rely solely on the results of 1 of those games....

for example, something tells me Mexico and uraguay are going to play out a draw

natheel

Coach
well as NZ have shown so far anything is possible got paraguay on thursday.... will b a good match and relying on italy drawing with slovakia for NZ to really have a chance! i can see nz winning on thurs.

langpark

First Grade
well as NZ have shown so far anything is possible got paraguay on thursday.... will b a good match and relying on italy drawing with slovakia for NZ to really have a chance! i can see nz winning on thurs.
I can't. And you can put me on record when i say Paraguay will comfortably beat them. They are playing some great football both in attack and defence. Italy have been terrible in both games (Di Natale should be a starting player, but they would need more than that to save them).

That said it's been great to see NZ going so well, no one would ever have predicted them to be undefeated after two games.

fish eel

Immortal
except in cases where the standings of a group rely solely on the results of 1 of those games....

for example, something tells me Mexico and uraguay are going to play out a draw

yes, how much is 0-0 paying? :lol:

langpark

First Grade
yes, how much is 0-0 paying? :lol:
on bwin.com, Mexico are paying 3.75, Uruguay 4.20, Draw 1.70!?!?

I'm putting a fiver on Mexico, because the way i see it a draw will mean they finish second, and I bet they desperately want first place in order to avoid Argentina.

jc155776

Coach
Noone wants to play Argentina thats for sure!!

Come on NZ!! Score a 1-1 draw and hope the Italians grind out 0-0!!

fish eel

Immortal
on bwin.com, Mexico are paying 3.75, Uruguay 4.20, Draw 1.70!?!?

I'm putting a fiver on Mexico, because the way i see it a draw will mean they finish second, and I bet they desperately want first place in order to avoid Argentina.

Mexico Argentina would be a cracker.

Argies have a suspect defence and Mexico look great going forward

lol the hatred of Italy is insane. Sure, De Rossi dived, but it was to amplify the foul. I have no problem with amplifying if its a foul, which it was. otherwise, the defender gets away with it.

Smeltz goal was offside anyway, but I havent seen any mention of that. besides 1 or 2 posts justifying it...

Italy played really bad tho :S

fish eel

Immortal
what was the foul?

A shirt tug? (i've only seen a clip on the net, not good quality)

If they were penalised every time....fmd!

Ridders

Coach
Yeah for a shirt tug on De Rossi. I agree that it was a harsh call but it wasn't totally without reason. Plus Smeltz's goal was clearly offside so it balanced out.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
we'd definitely see some high scoring (but crap) games if every shirt tug ever was a foul.

Shorty

Staff member
I don't think so...Paraguy will beat them easily.
Congrats to NZ, I suppose at least now we know where all our luck went...