What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 World Cup Qualifier - Australia vs Uzbekistan

Who will win?

• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uzbekistan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Syko

Juniors
Bundesliga > World Cup.

you win the prize for being the biggest bundesliga dickrider in australia.

congrats!

but you also need to remember, germany will never be good at anything anymore..

khaldei.jpg

Misanthrope

Staff member
For those playing at home, we're not in yet. Bahrain got up 1-0 courtesy of an ugly as f**k free kick that somehow went in, so we'll need a point from our next match to lock it up.

Bumble

First Grade
Lol, cmon Mis.

Not only would we have to lose our last 3 games, we'd also have to see Bahrain win both of theirs and bridge a goal deficit of 9.

Start planning your trips to South Africa boys, we're in. :D

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
maybe the Uzbeckies need a bit of credit for the first half although it was obvious when they play with about 10 players behind the ball that was their game plan, one striker is never gonna cut it against that type of formation

and Brech...................gotta be the best game he's played for Australia, just fantastic.

fish eel

Immortal
First half was absolute crap. Second was much better, and much more urgency and tempo to our play.

Pretty much.

I thought we were poor in the first half.

The second half was much better, we played good football. Shame we didnt do it from the start

McDonald is a decent player, but you do not play him as a lone striker UNLESS YOU HAVE NO f**kING IDEA. He needs someone to play off. Unless we play two strikers, we should not use him.

Yeah, sitting out there I was disappointed when I saw them warming up, and Kennedy was warming up with the subs, I was kinda hoping Garcia (who played well), would start up front, rather than on the right where he did.

Bresciano had his best game for Australia in years.

Overdue. Should have scored in the first half though.

I hope the Uzbeks grab third spot, they looked a decent side.

its funny.

me and me mates were bagging bresciano (mainly because he booted the ball directly at the keeper). that may have been because he was doing anything worth noting. the rest did not much at all until after half time.

second half was much better from the get go.

Kennedy should have been on earlyer with Mcdonald IMO. as for kennedy, who cares if he dosnt play for his club that much. the guy scores goals. what is it now 6 in 12 games for us?

thats a good strike rate.

and yeah were not in yet, however the worst we can come in the group is 3rd. so were still alive with a playoff if things went bad.

but we will beat Qatar. they are rubbish.

worst team in 50 years according to bosnich

Misanthrope

Staff member
New Zealand to win against a South American or Asian team (can't remember which)? Surely you jest!

It's Asian now. Part of the reason we moved to Asia was to escape the sudden death play-offs against South American teams, and FIFA changed it as soon as we moved. Logistically it makes far more sense. Oceania and Asia are near one another, and North and South America are near one another.

We'll finally see less representation from the freakishly weak but annoyingly over-represented North & Central America region.

Goey Man

Juniors
It's Asian now. Part of the reason we moved to Asia was to escape the sudden death play-offs against South American teams, and FIFA changed it as soon as we moved. Logistically it makes far more sense. Oceania and Asia are near one another, and North and South America are near one another.

We'll finally see less representation from the freakishly weak but annoyingly over-represented North & Central America region.

And about bloody time too.

weasel

First Grade
I'm sure Uruguay (who are on course to finish in fifth place again!) are just happy as we are about the change, although in saying that, Mexico are holding down fourth spot in Concacaf final round qualifying atm...

Misanthrope

Staff member
I know it's only to ensure that USA qualify for every World Cup, but why on earth does a region like CONCACAF really need four places? Only Mexico and USA are even remotely decent.

Parra WILL Win

Juniors
Only Mexico and USA are even remotely decent.

i wouldnt be so sure man, mexico is struggling big time, they just lost 3-1 in honduras & have just sacked erikson, & the u.s.a just last week were lucky to escape with a draw in el salvador. i believe the central american teams are have improved big time & as happy that i am that australia has pretty much qualified, they would struggle to qualify through concacaf, playing in asian stadiums is not the same as playing central american ones.

fish eel

Immortal
i wouldnt be so sure man, mexico is struggling big time, they just lost 3-1 in honduras & have just sacked erikson, & the u.s.a just last week were lucky to escape with a draw in el salvador. i believe the central american teams are have improved big time & as happy that i am that australia has pretty much qualified, they would struggle to qualify through concacaf, playing in asian stadiums is not the same as playing central american ones.

What a load of rubbish.

Australia would do just as well in that confederation as they have done in Asia.

Parra WILL Win

Juniors
What a load of rubbish.

Australia would do just as well in that confederation as they have done in Asia.

trust me mate, i seen how australia has played the away games, you cant play like that in central america, if they play like they did against japan in japan they would lose, there's alot more natural talent & speed in central america than asia, plus home crowd support is far more intense than any asian country ive seen

fish eel

Immortal
trust me mate, i seen how australia has played the away games, you cant play like that in central america, if they play like they did against japan in japan they would lose, there's alot more natural talent & speed in central america than asia, plus home crowd support is far more intense than any asian country ive seen

I'd like to see how the United States would go travelling 15 hours to the middle east, playing in plus 45 degree temperatures on two days prep.

There's some decent sides - USA, Mexico. Costa Rica have their moments but arent that great (ie one of their players plays for Victory). It's certainly no stronger than the asian confederation.

Latest posts