What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 A-League Grand Final - Brisbane v Central Coast

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The big one - this Sunday 4pm (QLD time... 5pm NSW time).

Heart says us, head says Roar. I just hope that after 3 grand finals we finally score a f**king goal!

Good luck Brisbane!

fish eel

Immortal
I have a feeling the Mariners will win.

Roar have to lose sometime, and I just have a feeling Roar will be one of those sides to dominate the season and fall at the final hurdle

fish eel

Immortal
So the suncorp pitch would be getting a bit chopped up tonight because of the rain

Wonder how much it will effect the way the roar play, if at all

what a match we have, the greatest single season side in Australian footballing history vs the one team thats always thereabouts at seasons end. sickness means i will be at home watching this :( still, lets go Roar!!!!!

weasel

First Grade
Come on, Mariners fans. Don't be greedy. We all know that the Roar have already proven themselves far and away the best team this season. Honestly, can anyone say the Mariners have been the best team this year if they somehow snatch a shock victory? Way behind on the ladder, 3 losses and 2 draws from 5 head to head meetings already, how many chances do they deserve really? The A-League finals system where sixth time lucky can make you the champions. What a joke. Finals do not suit football.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Don't be greedy? You've already got your premiers plate. We'll take the toilet seat thanks.

fish eel

Immortal
Extra time - Mariners 2 zip up and have the game IMO.

Timmah will probably blow up at me for mentioning this, but the ref bottled it in not giving Brisbane a penalty in the 65th minute. Sure, Solarzano made the most of it, but there was contact and it was a penalty. If it's not a penalty, then it's a free kick to CCM for simulation.

weasel

First Grade
Win or lose on penalties this experience is turning me off the A-League. The finals series has to go.

weasel

First Grade
Well the best team by far all season will thankfully be remembered that way, despite the best attempts of this dumb finals system to deny them. Immensely proud of my boys. Have had so many against the odds performances in our run of 28 games undefeated, truly the sign of a remarkable side.

fish eel

Immortal
that is seriously one of the biggest collapses I can remember watching. Two goals up with how long left to lose on penalties?

Full credit to the Roar, they showed amazing patience to keep playing their usual style and not panic.

Dragon

Coach
lmao @ mcbreen mouthing off to the Brisbane keeper when they were up 2-0. Then he misses the penalty bwahahaha