What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 A-League Grand Final - Brisbane v Central Coast

Who cares? maybe some of that 50k will be regulars next season, its only a good thing to see bandwagoners in football in australia, its better than noone imo.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Completely agree. It's the ones who jump on the internet and pretend they followed them all season who make me laugh. Good on them though.

Scorpio30

Bench
The bandwagoners are out in force

Even here at work I heard this convo.

Workmate A: "Did you see the game last night."

Workmate B: "The soccer?...No I didnt watch it but I heard it was a good game....Im thinking of buying a shirt...They are quite nice".

LOL qft

Even here at work I heard this convo.

Workmate A: "Did you see the game last night."

Workmate B: "The soccer?...No I didnt watch it but I heard it was a good game....Im thinking of buying a shirt...They are quite nice".

What's wrong with that? A potential new fan can only be good for the game.

People need to get off their high horse with "bandwagonners" or whatever you want to call them and embrace them as new members/fans which only makes the sport stronger.

Scorpio30

Bench
LOL qft

What's wrong with that? A potential new fan can only be good for the game.

People need to get off their high horse with "bandwagonners" or whatever you want to call them and embrace them as new members/fans which only makes the sport stronger.

The fashion statement at the end rubs me the wrong way for starters....There are people who are genuinely picked up by a sport "bandwagon style" then are the ones who want to be seen as fashionable..or part of the in-thing.

Tweek

Juniors
In the end the are not hurting nobody, and even if they never follow them again, at least the club got a few bucks out of them.

roboshark

Coach
As long as the bandwagoners turn up next year

I've followeed the a-league since day1, am a member, and watch all non jets games as well

Yet the amount of people at the beckham game who never came back sh*t me

Hope qld increase their crowds permanently next season

Jakemcc

Juniors
If the 20k or so new fans that turned up for that game aren't in a massive hurry to come back, the A-League should just up stumps in Bris. That atmosphere was amazing. Similar to an Origin crowd.

Mong

Post Whore
Been meaning to come in and comment on this game.

Was difficult to get tickets in the usual area of the den, fortunately they expanded it to cover two bays so we sat on the left hand side of the bay just to the right of the goal were the penalty shootout took place, awesome view of that.

The den were in usual fine form even with not that long to go when most had resigned themselves to losing.

A full house at Lang Park for a domestic football game, never thought i would see it in a stadium that size here in Brisbane. The place in orange was a great sight to see.

When that second goal went in the place went nuts, i have not seen lang park like that before, the closest i could think of was an origin game where Matt Bowen took an intercept when it seemed certain NSW were about to score and ran the length of the field to score and win the game.

But even that didn't have the mayhem that was going on when it become 2-2. From there it seemed certain that we were going to win the shoot out.

It's a bit of a blur from the shootout to getting home later that night but one thing i can say for certain was that the crowd, the flares at both ends of the ground, the noise/atmosphere and they way it finished made it an event like i had never witnessed before.

Asides from being at the ground to watch St George finally win a premiership i can safely say it was, and probably will always be, one of the greatest things i have seen on a sporting field.

We took a few non football fans with us who enjoyed it and got caught up in it every bit as much as the usual fans and they are already talking about attending games next season.

lets hope that is a common thing and we see better crowds consistenly at Lang Park.

I felt sorry as for the Mariners fans, that would have been a sh*t thing to watch when it seemed a few minutes out the title was their's, full credit to them for sticking around and cheering their team at the presentation and before they went off the field, i hope the roar fans at that end didn't give them too hard of a time.

Bring on next season and the Asian champions league !!

(have watched the replay a bunch of times on tv, like last years NRL GF, i don't think i will ever get tired of watching it) :)

Latest posts