What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Panthers are going white this Friday night:

200251_10150165124251085_204445076084_8257076_5044481_n.jpg

beave

Coach
that's actually not a bad looking jersey, blows me why they don't just use that as the away strip, it looks much better than that aqua POS.

flippikat

Bench
that's actually not a bad looking jersey, blows me why they don't just use that as the away strip, it looks much better than that aqua POS.

First the 'Steelers' alternate for the Dragons, now this.. Are designers starting to see the light...?

hellteam

First Grade
If Panthers dont change their home to the heritage and their away to above jersey the next chance they can they are f**kin idiots. Great jerseys.

Spitty

Juniors
On the alternate Panthers jersey. Word from the club (well the merchandise guy who designed the jersey). It's fills 3 purposes. Firstly it's representing White Ribbon day and when it goes on sale in May $10 from each sale will go to the white ribbon foundation. Secondly it'll be used as our alternate clash jersey for the 2011 season, already booked in to be worn agaisnt the Titans in round 13 and will probably be worn more. And last but not least it may be our away jersey from 2012 onward if it's received well and sells well. Fingers crossed it does, I'm definately getting one.

For those who've seen our U20's and Jnr reps play they wear a similar jersey to it. It's basically an updated version of the liquorice allsorts. (I'm not good a mocking things up) But imagine the top half of the jersey and the sleeves being black and the bottom having the vertical lines go right across and that's it. I think both are awesome. I've informed Shaun (the merchandise guy) that I expect this white jersey to be our Away from next year and the U20's jersey to be our home from 2014 and those 2 jerseys to be kept for the next 100 years.

Last edited:

flippikat

Bench
Here's those Panthers U/20's jerseys you are referring to:

wXZZZ8079_373138_p.jpg

This is really nice. A good mix of a classic jersey and their current colours.

If this is to be the home, and the 'white ribbon' going to be the away, then they've got it well sorted.

Now all we need is the other team in black (Warriors) to wear something that doesn't look like a wetsuit! oh and a third colour (blue or green) would be nice also.

Spitty

Juniors
I've got a little bit more information about this new white Panthers jersey.

Last year the NRL approved the teal jersey to be our 'clash' jersey. Therefor they stated that where the black clashed the teal didn't and vise versa, we designed and submitted the jersey but the NRL gave us the permission to wear it. Then when we played Titans on the Gold Coast last year it was a shambles, the teal clashed with the titans home jersey badly. So this year the NRL informed us that we needed a better alternative to wear against the titans in round 13. So we designed the white ribbon jersey as a one off, charity jersey. It would go on sale in May a month and a half before it's worn and may be an ongoing thing similar to the pink jersey.

Then the NRL informed us on Monday that, Parra intended to where their Navy jerseys on Friday night (as is their right as the home team), but now the NRL have decided that teal clashes with Navy Blue as well, so we needed to where something else on Friday. So we had to use the white ribbon jersey 11 weeks early, but are left with the having to hold off sales till May. We haven't been told by the NRL yet, but we're anticipating that we'll now have to wear the white jersey for away games against the Cowboys, Storm, Roosters and Knights as well as the current Titans and Eels games. So now the teal jersey that the NRL approved as our clash jersey for 2011 (with 1 exception) is going to be worn a maximum of 6 times.

But we've got an away game against Canberra this year, where we usually wear black (we may where Heritage) but we clearly can't wear teal. Plus we going to need a ruling as to what we can wear in our away game against Souths. Black will clearly clash, last year we wore teal which looked fine, but teal looked fine against blue last year too (except for Titans) so their is a good chance that we'll be wearing white for that game too.

So all in all this one off white jersey will more than likely be worn more than the teal jersey which the NRL signed off on as our primary clash jersey.

Goddo

Bench
FFS Penrith, sort out your colours.

I always thought it strange how they just decided to copy the NFL Panthers sides colours.

Should be Black, Chocolate and White OR Black, White, Teal and Red.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I've got a little bit more information about this new white Panthers jersey.

Last year the NRL approved the teal jersey to be our 'clash' jersey. Therefor they stated that where the black clashed the teal didn't and vise versa, we designed and submitted the jersey but the NRL gave us the permission to wear it. Then when we played Titans on the Gold Coast last year it was a shambles, the teal clashed with the titans home jersey badly. So this year the NRL informed us that we needed a better alternative to wear against the titans in round 13. So we designed the white ribbon jersey as a one off, charity jersey. It would go on sale in May a month and a half before it's worn and may be an ongoing thing similar to the pink jersey.

Then the NRL informed us on Monday that, Parra intended to where their Navy jerseys on Friday night (as is their right as the home team), but now the NRL have decided that teal clashes with Navy Blue as well, so we needed to where something else on Friday. So we had to use the white ribbon jersey 11 weeks early, but are left with the having to hold off sales till May. We haven't been told by the NRL yet, but we're anticipating that we'll now have to wear the white jersey for away games against the Cowboys, Storm, Roosters and Knights as well as the current Titans and Eels games. So now the teal jersey that the NRL approved as our clash jersey for 2011 (with 1 exception) is going to be worn a maximum of 6 times.

But we've got an away game against Canberra this year, where we usually wear black (we may where Heritage) but we clearly can't wear teal. Plus we going to need a ruling as to what we can wear in our away game against Souths. Black will clearly clash, last year we wore teal which looked fine, but teal looked fine against blue last year too (except for Titans) so their is a good chance that we'll be wearing white for that game too.

So all in all this one off white jersey will more than likely be worn more than the teal jersey which the NRL signed off on as our primary clash jersey.
Except for the 7 supporters who bought a teal/aqua/cyan monstrosity it seems like good news in the end. How does black clash with Souths Red & green?

Goddo

Bench
Is there any chance the Chooks will wear their light blue World War II heritage jersey on ANZAC day, or something similar?

josh_morris.jpg

It is a thing of beauty, and has a lot of meaning.

Hopefully the Dragons just wear their home jersey. Last years ANZAC jersey was aweful.

It seems to me that Penrith are still looking for an identity when it comes to their colours and jerseys. To me they're looking for something strong and identifiable with the all black jerseys, but it just misses the mark as it's too dull.

Reckon, they should cut their losses and revert back to the 1991 to 1996 'liquorice all sorts' design as and colours as a base and make that work, rather than chopping and changing every few jersey with colours.

Latest posts