What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Spitty

Juniors
Except for the 7 supporters who bought a teal/aqua/cyan monstrosity it seems like good news in the end. How does black clash with Souths Red & green?

Yeah, I'm not a massive fan of the teal jersey. I don't own one but I use it as my sig, because like it or not it's our jersey. It does sell well though. The best decision in the end would have been to tell us before the season that our teal was going to clash with too many teams so change it. Then we could have had the white jersey on sale prior to the season starting, hopefully over xmas and could have promoted ourselves based on that jersey. I know the teal only got a 1 year run, but it was the NRL who decided teal didn't clash in 2010, but now does clash in 2011 so surely we could get an exception. The dragons did.

AG, Souths wear black shorts, have black side bars, black bunny and black sponsor for their home jersey. No doubt on earth the NRL will see that as clashing.

It seems to me that Penrith are still looking for an identity when it comes to their colours and jerseys. To me they're looking for something strong and identifiable with the all black jerseys, but it just misses the mark as it's too dull.

Reckon, they should cut their losses and revert back to the 1991 to 1996 'liquorice all sorts' design as and colours as a base and make that work, rather than chopping and changing every few jersey with colours.

Your 100% right HPH, but I don't think we should stick long term with the wrong jersey just for the sake of sticking. I personally want the NYC jersey and this away jersey for ever. We can't change the home now until 2014, but from that point on I'd hope that would be the direction.

Just plain black is associated with 100's of sporting teams around the world and doesn't say "Penrith" to anybody. The NYC jersey and new white away jersey (to me) scream "Penrith". No other sports team (that I know of) in the world have jerseys like that. So they're individual, identifiable and look good. What more do you need?

The Tank

Bench
I like those jerseys but I rather replace the teal with brown. So our colours would be black, white, and brown.

BDGS

Bench
I've got a little bit more information about this new white Panthers jersey.

Last year the NRL approved the teal jersey to be our 'clash' jersey. Therefor they stated that where the black clashed the teal didn't and vise versa, we designed and submitted the jersey but the NRL gave us the permission to wear it. Then when we played Titans on the Gold Coast last year it was a shambles, the teal clashed with the titans home jersey badly. So this year the NRL informed us that we needed a better alternative to wear against the titans in round 13. So we designed the white ribbon jersey as a one off, charity jersey. It would go on sale in May a month and a half before it's worn and may be an ongoing thing similar to the pink jersey.

Then the NRL informed us on Monday that, Parra intended to where their Navy jerseys on Friday night (as is their right as the home team), but now the NRL have decided that teal clashes with Navy Blue as well, so we needed to where something else on Friday. So we had to use the white ribbon jersey 11 weeks early, but are left with the having to hold off sales till May. We haven't been told by the NRL yet, but we're anticipating that we'll now have to wear the white jersey for away games against the Cowboys, Storm, Roosters and Knights as well as the current Titans and Eels games. So now the teal jersey that the NRL approved as our clash jersey for 2011 (with 1 exception) is going to be worn a maximum of 6 times.

You do realise that the away team can wear their home jersey if there is no clash with the home teams jersey. if the teal (and it does) clashes with the blue Eels or the Titans just wear black.

skeepe

Immortal
You do realise that the away team can wear their home jersey if there is no clash with the home teams jersey. if the teal (and it does) clashes with the blue Eels or the Titans just wear black.

The NRL would see darker shades of blue and black clashing, I would think.

applesauce

Bench
I think that's a logical solution.

have you seen GAZF's concept design for black/brown/white Panthers jerseys?
http://gazzzaf.com/?p=431

I love them. I wish the panthers went with the licorice all-sorts or incorporated more brown.

I don't know what their fascination is with using colours hardly in the logo (teal) or ignoring ones that are (purple).

Brown should be incorporated into both the jersey and the logo, with no inclusion of teal. :D

Heritage XIII

Juniors
How about pink & brown? I think pink has become a strong colour and with brown as a secondary colour, I think it could work.

I thought the all pink jerseys they wore last year were great.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I've got a little bit more information about this new white Panthers jersey.

Last year the NRL approved the teal jersey to be our 'clash' jersey. Therefor they stated that where the black clashed the teal didn't and vise versa, we designed and submitted the jersey but the NRL gave us the permission to wear it. Then when we played Titans on the Gold Coast last year it was a shambles, the teal clashed with the titans home jersey badly. So this year the NRL informed us that we needed a better alternative to wear against the titans in round 13. So we designed the white ribbon jersey as a one off, charity jersey. It would go on sale in May a month and a half before it's worn and may be an ongoing thing similar to the pink jersey.

Then the NRL informed us on Monday that, Parra intended to where their Navy jerseys on Friday night (as is their right as the home team), but now the NRL have decided that teal clashes with Navy Blue as well, so we needed to where something else on Friday. So we had to use the white ribbon jersey 11 weeks early, but are left with the having to hold off sales till May. We haven't been told by the NRL yet, but we're anticipating that we'll now have to wear the white jersey for away games against the Cowboys, Storm, Roosters and Knights as well as the current Titans and Eels games. So now the teal jersey that the NRL approved as our clash jersey for 2011 (with 1 exception) is going to be worn a maximum of 6 times.

But we've got an away game against Canberra this year, where we usually wear black (we may where Heritage) but we clearly can't wear teal. Plus we going to need a ruling as to what we can wear in our away game against Souths. Black will clearly clash, last year we wore teal which looked fine, but teal looked fine against blue last year too (except for Titans) so their is a good chance that we'll be wearing white for that game too.

So all in all this one off white jersey will more than likely be worn more than the teal jersey which the NRL signed off on as our primary clash jersey.

To be fair, Parra's jerseys haven't really been navy for a good 5-10 years. Their blue jerseys are royal blue now, I would go as far to say they're even lighter blue than Canterbury.

Is there any chance the Chooks will wear their light blue World War II heritage jersey on ANZAC day, or something similar?

josh_morris.jpg

It is a thing of beauty, and has a lot of meaning.

Hopefully the Dragons just wear their home jersey. Last years ANZAC jersey was aweful.

Unlikely the Chooks will wear that again I would think, they'd just wear their home strip with slouch hat on sleeves.

The Dragons ANZAC jersey last year was their home jersey with the Army crest on the stomach wasn't it?

Goddo

Bench
Yeah, but the rising sun badge should not be comming out of the players shorts. Just looked wrong.

Timmah

Staff member
Good point. I remember the term "golden pubes" being used on Twitter last year :?

flippikat

Bench
Just an observation on the Raiders kit tonight.

I might be wrong, but are they wearing the wrong socks??

The darker shade of green and black are the same as their away jersey, and it kinda looks odd worn with their lime green and white home kit.

applesauce

Bench
Just an observation on the Raiders kit tonight.

I might be wrong, but are they wearing the wrong socks??

The darker shade of green and black are the same as their away jersey, and it kinda looks odd worn with their lime green and white home kit.

Raising money for Christchurch victims.

skeepe

Immortal
The Raiders will be wearing one of these in 2012:

jersey%20a.jpg
jersey%20b.jpg
jersey%20c.jpg
jersey%20d.jpg

Maybe asking the fans to come up with designs isn't the best idea after all...

Charlie124

First Grade
I like the first and last ones the most but the other two arent exactly horrible either, it would take an almighty effort to oust the Tigers and Knights for the worst jerseys in the comp

BDGS

Bench
The Raiders will be wearing one of these in 2012:

jersey%20a.jpg
jersey%20b.jpg
jersey%20c.jpg
jersey%20d.jpg

Maybe asking the fans to come up with designs isn't the best idea after all...

Is this going to be their new home jersey?

I'm assuming so because they are only in their 2nd of 3 years with that ugly away jersey you guys have.

EDIT: Jerseys one and four are the exact same apart from a slight colour change.

Timmah

Staff member
First and fourth options both look alright to be honest. Third makes sense with the away jersey too.

To be fair too, their current jersey will be retained as heritage strip from 2012 onwards.

skeepe

Immortal
I voted for the first option. I like the darker shade of green, much like the one we were wearing in the early 90's.

Latest posts