What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Ladder Predictions

Frailty

First Grade
Manly have been playing very well.

But abusing people because they didn't think they would do well? Get over yourselves.

Manly are going great atm, Warriors not too far away
All the haters can eat it
Personally I think Manly might take it out over ST George for this year

Gaba

First Grade
dont think manly are going that great guns, they been struggling in thier games, they been lucky the sides they beat struggled more

swing_low

Juniors
dont think manly are going that great guns, they been struggling in thier games, they been lucky the sides they beat struggled more

You could say that about any team in the first 10 rounds.

True form comes out after origin. If someone can put a 6-7 game streak on heading into finals - that's the sort of momentum that counts.

afinalsin666

First Grade
BUMP, want to see how bad i did.

(5)1. Dragons (Their suffocating defense is a timeless strategy, if they can pull it off next year, expect to see them in the grandfinal again)
(16)2. Titans (Matt Rogers is a big loss, but the titans seem to be getting better, and i don't expect that to change)
(4)3. Tigers (i love the freeflow style of footy the tigers bring, and with 2-3 x-factor players, they could well be higher)
(6)4. Warriors (When their defense gelled this year, they excelled, and with the addition of Feleti Mateo to their pack, and his freakish offloads, i think the warriors will do great next year)
(3)5. Broncos (Greg Inglis and Justing Hodges in the centres, but with lockyer starting to die off, this is the highest i could put them)
(8)6. Knights (The knights back row is amazing, even the mad dog, if Gidley starts next year in the halves rather than Fullback, knights should make top 8)
(10)7. Rabbitohs (Their attack is so potent it could well wipe any team away, but mix that in with a near 1:1 try ratio, it is no wonder they drop so low. Muscle up in defense and the bunnies could be a force)
(1)8. Storm (Unfortunately, i can see it taking a while for our new side to gel, but when we do it will be the storm we (the Fans) love to see and everybody else hates)

(14)9. Eels (another mid season run cut short)
(2)10. Manly (pfft)
(13)11. Sharks
(7)12. Cowboys
(15)13. Raiders (poor poor campese)
(12)14. Panthers
(11)15. Roosters
(9)16 . Bulldogs (smelly bulldogs)

the whole bottom 8 is interchangeable, coz i doubt the roosters will go to fifteenth, but i expect them to "parramatta" 2011

Melbourne and Dragons Grand Final. That would be a battle for the ages. No 30 points in this game

So, i, uh, had the wooden spooners tipped for second... Guess i just saw what i wanted to. Quite happy with tipping the Roosters out of the 8. Us at 8 was reasonable, bunnies woulda made it if it weren't for those pesky injuries, couldn't tip higher for manly with an untried 7, Panthers overachieved last year, didn't pay enough attention to the Cowboys off season.
Not as bad as i would have thought, with the exception of the Titans. How did you's go?

Patorick

Staff member
i expect manly to climb up the ladder. they have a better 1/2 back prospect than hodkinson coming into squad.

also, they should have a fully fit stewart and watmough (arguably there two best players).

plus have some fantastic kids coming on like hoppa.
:cool:

the dude

Juniors
1. Storm
2. Dragons
3. Warriors
4. Tigers
5. Broncos
6. Sea Eagles
7. Roosters
8. Raiders

9. Titans
10. Eels
11. Rabbitohs
12. Bulldogs
13. Panthers
14. Knights
15. Sharks
16. Cowboys

This was pretty close minus the cowboys and knights part.

HowHigh

Coach
f**k I was way off haha
Sure I tipped the Cowboys to be the most improved team in another off season thread tho

RHCP

Bench
Got 3/4 of the Top four right and knew Canberra and Parra would be down in the bottom four but apart from that pretty hopeless.

Patorick

Staff member
Why is everyone so high on the Tigers? have these idiots ever made the top 8 in back to back seasons? LOL

Tigers to make the top 8 is a much worse prediction then the Eels to make the top 8,Tim Sheens will go back to being a dope next season.
:crazy:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Cant be bothered searching for mine but i know i had
-Parra, Chooks, Canberra and Doggies in.
-Manly, Cowboys, Roosters out

typicalfan

Coach
At this early stage

1. Dragons
2. Sea Eagles
3. Tigers
4. Warriors
5. Roosters
6. Storm
7. Broncos
8. Panthers

9. Raiders
10. Titans
11. Bulldogs
12. Rabbitohs
13. Sharks
14. Knights
15. Eels
16. Cowboys

So difficult. Raiders, Titans, Bulldogs, Bunnies and Eels are all finals chances but you can only fit in 8. If the Cowboys come out of the off season better for it they will also be close to the 8.

Raiders with the injury to Campese will make things tough, Titans to fall back to the field, Bulldogs to be better in 2011 but don't think they will be contenders, Bunnies with Burgess could do anything. Panthers to drop back to the pack, Elliott will continue to pick his favourites.

Sharks will improve, Knights are a season away from making a surge for the 8 with some young stars arriving at the club and the Eels and Cowboys under pressure in general. Problems in the front office equate to problems on the field in a lot of cases.

6 of 8 isn't bad, I forgot who I tipped and thought I would have tipped like a drunk.

Roosters and Panthers, I should have dropped the Panthers further but they have missed key players for large portions of the season and the Brian Smith bounce back factor I overlooked.

Cowboys I did feel could threaten if they got their backyard sorted out despite the tip for the spoon and the Knights did very very well.

Ill take that.

Latest posts