What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 NSW Cup

Red Bear

Referee
Finalscoreboardsmall.jpg

:D

adamkungl

Immortal
Jets should have put them away by the 50th minute with the mountain of posession they had. Very disappointing. Ah well, guess I can cheer on the Bears despite being affiliated with souffs

Red Bear

Referee
Was a good game of footy. Nothing has changed since we were in the top flight, get the one point lead and give away two penalties, kick after the siren to win from newtown just missed. Great game of footy.

And yes, We somehow didnt concede more tries, good defensive effort in the end (despite a few rubbish mistakes). Threatened to be fights a few times, Curtis Johnson (no. 2) seemed to fire up at everything.

greg

Juniors
Well done Bears, if the Bluebags cannot win the title I would be pleased if you guys did. (Gotta go for the fellow foundation clubs)

The Major

Bench
How much did that fella miss that penalty by to possibly win the game? I heard it was 30 out and from the sideline. Massive effort.

Red Bear

Referee
I was on the hill just near the scoreboard, my depth perception is woeful but I was very concerned, then Norths players went up. Must've only just missed

Deadly

Juniors
How much did that fella miss that penalty by to possibly win the game? I heard it was 30 out and from the sideline. Massive effort.

... From a massive player. Given the current dearth of half backs, Blake Lazarus certainly has the ability to play top flight RL.

Red Bear

Referee
He's looked classy both times i've seen Newtown this year. Was highly rated at the tigers before Knee reco's, probably just getting fully confident in his game again

Red Bear

Referee
posted elsewhere as well but

Aaargh

Ended up going up, walked in just as we'd scored the first try, after that though simply werent good enough. Poor wet weather football, not getting a decent kick away on the last tackle a few times. Numerous shot at the defence but couldnt get through. Didnt capitalize on the (completely justified) lopsided penalty count.

But the Canterbury have alot more quality. A kiwi rep at 5/8, a backline full of NRL experience not to mention Hodgson and Morrin in the forwards. They're a good side and we werent good enough today.

Good to see George Burgess grab a try, played very well. Beau Falloon has been excellent all season and I hope he gets a decent crack up at the GC next year.

Red Bear

Referee
NSW Cup team of the year named

1. Glen Fisiiahi (Auckland Vulcans)
2. Curtis Johnston (North Sydney Bears)
3. Troy Savage (Wentworthville Magpies)
4. Ricky Leutele (Cronulla Sharks)
5. Michael Lett (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
6. Ben Roberts (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
7. Josh Reynolds (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
8. James Gavet (Auckland Vulcans)
9. Beau Falloon (North Sydney Bears) (vc)
10. Khalid Deeb (Newtown Jets) ©
11. Ahmad Ellaz (Newtown Jets)
12. David Harris (Western Suburbs Magpies)
13. Darcy Lussick (Manly Sea Eagles)

14. Pita Godinet (Auckland Vulcans)
15. George Burgess (North Sydney Bears)
16. Martin Taupau (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
17. Matthew Ryan (Balmain Tigers/Wentworthville Magpies)
18th Man. Trent Cutler (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)

Glad Falloon made the side, he was excellent whenever I watched Norths this year. Johnston scored 27 tries or something, deserved selection, whilst Ben Roberts was a class above the competition and should've been in first grade (better than Keating!)

Doga

Juniors
NSW Cup team of the year named

1. Glen Fisiiahi (Auckland Vulcans)
2. Curtis Johnston (North Sydney Bears)
3. Troy Savage (Wentworthville Magpies)
4. Ricky Leutele (Cronulla Sharks)
5. Michael Lett (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
6. Ben Roberts (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
7. Josh Reynolds (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
8. James Gavet (Auckland Vulcans)
9. Beau Falloon (North Sydney Bears) (vc)
10. Khalid Deeb (Newtown Jets) ©
11. Ahmad Ellaz (Newtown Jets)
12. David Harris (Western Suburbs Magpies)
13. Darcy Lussick (Manly Sea Eagles)

14. Pita Godinet (Auckland Vulcans)
15. George Burgess (North Sydney Bears)
16. Martin Taupau (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
17. Matthew Ryan (Balmain Tigers/Wentworthville Magpies)
18th Man. Trent Cutler (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)

Glad Falloon made the side, he was excellent whenever I watched Norths this year. Johnston scored 27 tries or something, deserved selection, whilst Ben Roberts was a class above the competition and should've been in first grade (better than Keating!)

NO NO NO NO NO NO !!!!!

Ben Roberts is not good enough for FG.
NSW Cup is his fit.

RL Tragic

Juniors
What a season with a quality finals series and the standard is improving each year and the stronger it gets the more respect the competition will get. But turning to next season their are 13 teams confirmed - Canterbury, Auckland, Cronulla, Norths, Wentworthville, Newtown, Newcastle, Balmain, Manly, Windsor, Wests and Illawarra (St George) and Mounties (Canberra) wouldn't it be good to see another team to make it 14 - Any Suggestions/Thoughts?

paulmac

Juniors
Id like Melbourne to hook up with Wellington Orcas.Sky NZ show all Vulcans games so this could mean a televised game every week in NZ which could be relayed to Oz at 12 noon every saturday either on fox or the ABC.With the ABC cutting its sports budget this would be one way to get the NSW Cup on our screens and the time zone means they could still play their precious shite shield that thier so fond of.

girvie

Staff member
Have heard that North Sydney hooker Beau Falloon was named the NSW Cup player of the year.