What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 NYC squads

girvie

Staff member
What's happening with Manly's squad anyone know?

Manly squad:

Sione Ala
Jason Annear
Patrick Avaloa-Patelesci
Beau Bovis
Tim Burrell
James Clout
Josh Clout
Nathan Cooper
Zacc Douglas
Josh Drinkwater
Mark Falaniko
Tyrone Faliuga
Kayse Greer
Joshua Ingram
Haami Kerr-Tuaupiki
Limoni Latu
Justin Lemalu
Taylor Matthews
Michael McDougall
Joseph Napoletano
Mitchell O'Neill
Newyear Patiole
Josh Portlock
Tane Rapira
Nabeel Siddiqui
Alex Taufa
James Vaka
Ajay Vaivaka
Sam Watts
Jack Webster
Salesi Wesley-Fifita

Franko

Juniors
Souths squad take from Action photos website:

Andrew Artemi – Prop – Souths SG Ball
Alaa Badran – Prop – North Sydney SG Ball
Darryl Brennan – Halfback/Hooker – Souths NYC
Hamish Bryant – Backrow – Easts Rugby Union
George Burgess – Prop – Bradford
James Cooper – Second Row – Tamworth
Shaun Dowie – Halfback – Souths NYC
Scott England – Backrow – Souths NYC
Dylan Farrell – Centre – Souths NYC/SG Ball
Kurt French – Five-Eighth – Wynnum Manly
Joe Gibbs – Backrow – Easts Rugby Union
Jordan Hollis – Prop - Nambucca Heads
Alex Hull – Lock – Souths SG Ball
Reece Jaeger – Wing – Sydney NYC
Brett Jarrett – Second Row – Melbourne SG Ball
Bradley Kheirallah – Fullback – Souths SG Ball
Apisai Koroisau – Halfback – North Sydney SG Ball
Jack Lee Hang – Centre – Souths NYC/SG Ball
Paul Lolesio – Wing – Souths SG Ball
Blake Matthews – Lock – Souths SG Ball
Barry McGrady – Fullback/Wing – Souths NYC
Tyrone Phillips – Fullback – Souths Harold Matthews
Matt Place – Five-eighth/Hooker – North Sydney SG Ball
James Roberts – Fullback/Wing – Souths NYC/SG Ball
David Sisifa – Centre – North Sydney SG Ball
Arthur Takapu – Centre/Wing – Souths NYC
Jordan Tongahai – Wing – Souths SG Ball
Kyle Turner – Centre – Souths SG Ball
Keleti Vaingalo – Centre – Balmain SG Ball
Kieran Vale – Centre – Port Macquarie
Johnathan Valentino – Halfback/Hooker – Souths NYC
Arnold Woulf – Second Row – Souths SG Ball

10 guys in the squad who've previously played for North Sydney if you include Adrian Ha'angana who's photo wasn't there but should be in the squad. Badran, Dowie, England, Farrell, Koroisau, McGrady, Place, Sisifa, and Valentino are the other 9.

Gee i was extremely imprssed with Keiran Vale yesterday. Him and James Roberts were by far our best in the under 20's.

richies

Juniors
dogs side for the trial

TOYOTA CUP

1. ALISTER BEALE
2. CHRIS CENTRONE
3. JOEL DEVES
4. ED MURPHY
5. SEAN DEVES
6. AIDAN SEZER
7. TJ TAOTOA
8. JAKE FINN
9. DEAN JANDA
10. JUDAH LAVULO
11. LACHLAN BURR
12. JOSH JACKSON
13. DALE FINUCANE

INTERCHANGE
14. JOSH GILL
15. DANIEL ABOUSLEIMAN
16. BEN AUALIITIA
17. PAUL CARTER
20. OLIVER GORDON
21. JAMES O’BRIEN
22. TUPOU SOPOAGA - ex union player flanker
23. JUSTIN TOOMEY-WHITE - I think from canberra couple years back

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/default....=33503&title=big-names-back-for-dragons-trial

MountainMan

Juniors
dogs side for the trial

TOYOTA CUP

1. ALISTER BEALE
2. CHRIS CENTRONE
3. JOEL DEVES
4. ED MURPHY
5. SEAN DEVES
6. AIDAN SEZER
7. TJ TAOTOA
8. JAKE FINN
9. DEAN JANDA
10. JUDAH LAVULO
11. LACHLAN BURR
12. JOSH JACKSON
13. DALE FINUCANE

INTERCHANGE
14. JOSH GILL
15. DANIEL ABOUSLEIMAN
16. BEN AUALIITIA
17. PAUL CARTER
20. OLIVER GORDON
21. JAMES O’BRIEN
22. TUPOU SOPOAGA - ex union player flanker
23. JUSTIN TOOMEY-WHITE - I think from canberra couple years back

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/default....=33503&title=big-names-back-for-dragons-trial

Good to see Ali Beale named,interesting to see no timoteo lafai,eddie tauti,cruise iosefa,ali hijazi or richard irwan named on wings/centres
Although Lafai is having a 1st grade trial.

richies

Juniors
Good to see Ali Beale named,interesting to see no timoteo lafai,eddie tauti,cruise iosefa,ali hijazi or richard irwan named on wings/centres
Although Lafai is having a 1st grade trial.

cruze played last week
I think ali and eddie have moved on not sure about irwin

MountainMan

Juniors
cruze played last week
I think ali and eddie have moved on not sure about irwin

I remember Hijazi was hailed the next El Maz at the dogs.seemed to fall out of flavor with the club when mahulland arrived.
They really bombed out with eddie then,that kids got some freakish skills and a sh*t load of pace ,a much better centre/wing option then cruze imo

footynut1

Juniors
because i couldnt get to alice springs last night i decided to go down to ayr and watch our u20s play the qcup cutters and wow i have never seen such a display by an nyc team... this team is something special and a credit to coach wolf especially at this time of the yr.. final score cowboys 60 cutters 4

Noa

First Grade
Good win for the Storm over the Raiders.

34-16 after being up 28-0 at half-time.

RL Tragic

Juniors
Hijazi and Irwin from Dogs are playing for Cronulla. The Sharks have won both their trials easily against Souths and Manly and look certain for a great season. Their SG Ball U/18s last year were Minor Premiers and a lot of those guys have gone up and they appear to have recruited well on top of that. Plus at this stage Chad Townsend, Albert Kelly, Matthew Wright, Tyson Frizell, Stewart Mills all have been playing in the NRL trials and are due to come back if they are not in the NRL team. They are strong up front with Tyrone Viiga (ex Panthers), Rodney Maufauuo (ex Eels), Teni Waipouri (ex Dogs) and just about their entire backline will have played NSW 18s and Luke Pickerd played Australian Schoolboys.

MountainMan

Juniors
Hijazi and Irwin from Dogs are playing for Cronulla. The Sharks have won both their trials easily against Souths and Manly and look certain for a great season. Their SG Ball U/18s last year were Minor Premiers and a lot of those guys have gone up and they appear to have recruited well on top of that. Plus at this stage Chad Townsend, Albert Kelly, Matthew Wright, Tyson Frizell, Stewart Mills all have been playing in the NRL trials and are due to come back if they are not in the NRL team. They are strong up front with Tyrone Viiga (ex Panthers), Rodney Maufauuo (ex Eels), Teni Waipouri (ex Dogs) and just about their entire backline will have played NSW 18s and Luke Pickerd played Australian Schoolboys.
whos in their backline?

RL Tragic

Juniors
Kelly NSW 18s 2008 and 2009, Wright 2008 and 2009, Townsend 2009, Rokoqo 2009, Pickerd Aust Schoolboys plus Mills who has been in their top squad for the last 2 years but has been missing thru injury, Hijazi and Irwin then you have Tatuaha who played NYC Fullback last season and Borgas from Titans NYC last year so unfortunately some will have to miss out. Pickerd is the only one up from last years SG Ball so there will a few others from that team that will be challenging for positions thru the season. But certainly looks like a real good side.

AB129*

Juniors
Daniel Moroko has impressed in the trials as well and will probably get a crack on the wing at least, and Joel Tubbs is a beast of a young prop. Kelly will play NSW Cup or NRL though, and probably Matt Wright the same.

Its definitely the most talented group the Sharks have had in the Toyota Cup, hopefully they can go deep in the comp.

Does anyone know about James Shephard, the new NYC Coach? I think he's ex-Storm and Tigers, but I don't know much else.

R2Coupe

Juniors
A former Australian Schoolboy player from the Tiger's Holy Cross Ryde juniors. Played for both the Tigers and Roosters.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
Warriors NYC Squad:
Stephen Shennan, Omar Slaimankhel, Vili Lolohea, Sio Siua Taukeiaho, Konrad Hurrell, Sosaia Feki, James TePou, Carlos Tuimavave, Jordan Meads, Siliva Havili, Henry Chan-Ting, Ben Henry (c), Sam Lousi, Sheldon Brown, Adam Henry, Toka Likiliki, Agantius Paasi, Lance Su’a-Poe, Anthony Lama, Siulongua Fotofili, Eddie Aki, Donald Tony, Levi Holland, DJ Collier, Sebastine Ikahihifo, Nathaniel Peteru, Sirovai Makatoa, Simon Gibson, Ben Kingi, Falaniko Leilua, Kane Hannan, Eko Malu, John Palavi, Malakai Houma, Chris Ofanoa.