What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 NYC squads

MountainMan

Juniors
signed with Wenty...

Im stratching my head?...his played premier league,bundy cup and 20s from the age of 17,he is the best outside back option in parra 20s..

especially with the two backs selected from the open trials? hardly anything special

Stagger eel

Staff member
Im stratching my head?...his played premier league,bundy cup and 20s from the age of 17,he is the best outside back option in parra 20s..

especially with the two backs selected from the open trials? hardly anything special

yeah, I'm not quite sure where his development is at at the moment, he started the year in the 20's in a busted side and then was drafted into the Wentworthville squad playing Bundy and State cup in the second part of the year, from what I've seen he's a lump of a lad with a who's difficult to stop close to the line, he's definitely a project player who will be closely monitored by the Parramatta club next season.

I don't understand why he was drafted or shafted in the wenty squad but i do agree that he was one of our best outside backs in the 20's squad..by the way who are the 2 backs they selected from the open trials?

Galeforce

Bench
known addition to Souths Toyota squad, official announce

28 Dec 2010

2010GeorgeBurgessSignsDetail-3900c792-bfde-43cd-801b-0b6f03fadde6.jpg

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have signed young Englishman George Burgess for seasons 2011 and 2012.

Burgess, 18, is one of the brightest young stars in England, and is the younger brother of current South Sydney and England star Sam Burgess.

George, a prop forward standing 194cm and weighing 120kg, has been part of the full time squad at the Bradford Bulls for the past 12 months, as well as being part of the England Academy side that defeated the Australian Schoolboys in their two match series this month.

Burgess is yet to taste first grade in the English Super League and will start his career in Australia with the Rabbitohs’ NYC squad.

Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson is pleased that the Rabbitohs can re-unite two of the Burgess brothers.

“The Burgess brothers are all talented footballers and we’re delighted to have two of the boys playing for the Rabbitohs over the next two years,” Mr Richardson said.

“George is a great prospect and a real project for our Club. We’ll work with him over the next two years and during that time we’re aiming to develop him into an NRL footballer in the red and green.”

Burgess is excited about making the move to Australia with South Sydney.

“I can’t wait to make the move and get started at the Rabbitohs,” Burgess said.

“Sam has been raving about the Rabbitohs and living in Sydney all year, so I’m looking forward to coming out and training and playing in Australia.

“I’m grateful to Bradford for the opportunities they’ve given me over the past few years, and also the release to come to Australia and play with the Rabbitohs.

“I’m very excited about pulling on the red and green jersey and getting started on my career at Souths.”

Biography

Name: George Burgess
DOB: 21 April 1992
POB: Dewsbury, England
Junior Club: Dewsbury Moor
Position: Prop
Height: 194cm
Weight: 120kg
Rep Honours: England Academy squad 2010

MountainMan

Juniors
yeah, I'm not quite sure where his development is at at the moment, he started the year in the 20's in a busted side and then was drafted into the Wentworthville squad playing Bundy and State cup in the second part of the year, from what I've seen he's a lump of a lad with a who's difficult to stop close to the line, he's definitely a project player who will be closely monitored by the Parramatta club next season.

I don't understand why he was drafted or shafted in the wenty squad but i do agree that he was one of our best outside backs in the 20's squad..by the way who are the 2 backs they selected from the open trials?

Yeah bit strange that decision is..
Both are Parra Juniors
Jesse Prasad - A fullback,Cabramatta junior,played Matts for Academy,Perth Reds Sg Ball2010....Not a flash resume as you can see and to be honest,im not sure why he was selected,no speed,size,strength etc..

Dion Mooney- A Big Big Wing,although trialed in the backrow,played for Mounties this season also Ball for Academy,he can play some good footy when he wants to,has got the size and the speed for a big man and good ability,although he can go M.I.A in big/close games.
Im pretty sure Parra is covered in the backs department arn't they?Jennings,Toutai,Gagan,Tupou,Tevita,Ulugia etc

franklin2323

Immortal
Solo Alone --- 8 - penrith Ben Aualiitia - 11 Chris Brady - 11 dogs--- Lachlan Burr - 11 Paul Cater -- 9 Christopher Centrone -1/2 ex sprinter Lota Fiialii 11 Dale Finucane 13 Josh Gill 9/13 Ollie Gordon --- 8 harolds 2008 rooster prop Jason Green 8/11 MIchael Ioapo --- sounds like a good worker --- from nz Cruze Iosefa 1/2/4 Josh Jackson 12 Dean Janda -9 Timoteo Lafai -3 Sami Langi -6 Judah Lavulo -- 8 Gerrard McCallum ---1/6/7 Ed Murphy -- 3 wests Lionel O'Mally 9 Tui Piaviia Aidan Sezer 6 sam short qld -- 7 Jon Sila ?11 --- Griffith High Tupou Solanga TJ Taotua 6/9/13 TJ Taotua Height : 180 cm Weight : 96 kg Position : Five-Eight/Lock/Hooker Rep. Honours : Harold Matthews & SG Ball Junior Clubs : Bankstown Sports Previous Clubs : Parramatta ----------------------- Jason Green Height : 180 cm Weight : 98 kg Position : Front Row/Second Row Rep. Honours : Harold Matthews, SG Ball and NSW CCC Junior Clubs : Eaglevale St Andrews Previous Clubs : West Tigers as far as I know anyone know more about these imported guyes...???

Solo Alone is a big hard hitting prop goers very well. A shame he's gone

s1ng0709

Juniors
Solo Alone --- 8 - penrith Ben Aualiitia - 11 Chris Brady - 11 dogs--- Lachlan Burr - 11 Paul Cater -- 9 Christopher Centrone -1/2 ex sprinter Lota Fiialii 11 Dale Finucane 13 Josh Gill 9/13 Ollie Gordon --- 8 harolds 2008 rooster prop Jason Green 8/11 MIchael Ioapo --- sounds like a good worker --- from nz Cruze Iosefa 1/2/4 Josh Jackson 12 Dean Janda -9 Timoteo Lafai -3 Sami Langi -6 Judah Lavulo -- 8 Gerrard McCallum ---1/6/7 Ed Murphy -- 3 wests Lionel O'Mally 9 Tui Piaviia Aidan Sezer 6 sam short qld -- 7 Jon Sila ?11 --- Griffith High Tupou Solanga TJ Taotua 6/9/13 TJ Taotua Height : 180 cm Weight : 96 kg Position : Five-Eight/Lock/Hooker Rep. Honours : Harold Matthews & SG Ball Junior Clubs : Bankstown Sports Previous Clubs : Parramatta ----------------------- Jason Green Height : 180 cm Weight : 98 kg Position : Front Row/Second Row Rep. Honours : Harold Matthews, SG Ball and NSW CCC Junior Clubs : Eaglevale St Andrews Previous Clubs : West Tigers as far as I know anyone know more about these imported guyes...???
Watch out for Tupou Sopoaga (spelt tupou solanga) if anyone watched the 2010 aus schoolboys v nz schoolboys RUGBY UNION in nz on fox sports they would've noticed Tupou, nz's #6 a standout performer in an impressive team that won both games of a 2 test series. Hopefully he can adapt to league and likes it cause i think the doggies gotta good young player on their hands!

Last edited:

richies

Juniors
Watch out for Tupou Sopoaga (spelt tupou solanga) if anyone watched the 2010 aus schoolboys v nz schoolboys RUGBY UNION in nz on fox sports they would've noticed Tupou, nz's #6 a standout performer in an impressive team that won both games of a 2 test series. Hopefully he can adapt to league and likes it cause i think the doggies gotta good young player on their hands!

any idea what possible position he would play in league?
as I've got no idea whats whats in rugby... cheers

also seen solo Alone in a trial a few weeks back and his a big bugger and has a good work rate...

s1ng0709

Juniors
any idea what possible position he would play in league?
as I've got no idea whats whats in rugby... cheers
He played flanker in union which are usually the 2nd tallest guys in the team behind 2nd rowers, so im guessing in league he would pop up at 2nd row or lock cause flankers are also usually very elusive and cover more ground than any other player on the rugby field.

Noa

First Grade
Maybe, maybe not. But at this stage Darren Bell >>>>>>>>>> me & you.

Whats your thoughts on DJ Solomona ?

girvie

Staff member
Souths squad take from Action photos website:

Andrew Artemi – Prop – Souths SG Ball
Alaa Badran – Prop – North Sydney SG Ball
Darryl Brennan – Halfback/Hooker – Souths NYC
Hamish Bryant – Backrow – Easts Rugby Union
George Burgess – Prop – Bradford
James Cooper – Second Row – Tamworth
Shaun Dowie – Halfback – Souths NYC
Scott England – Backrow – Souths NYC
Dylan Farrell – Centre – Souths NYC/SG Ball
Kurt French – Five-Eighth – Wynnum Manly
Joe Gibbs – Backrow – Easts Rugby Union
Jordan Hollis – Prop - Nambucca Heads
Alex Hull – Lock – Souths SG Ball
Reece Jaeger – Wing – Sydney NYC
Brett Jarrett – Second Row – Melbourne SG Ball
Bradley Kheirallah – Fullback – Souths SG Ball
Apisai Koroisau – Halfback – North Sydney SG Ball
Jack Lee Hang – Centre – Souths NYC/SG Ball
Paul Lolesio – Wing – Souths SG Ball
Blake Matthews – Lock – Souths SG Ball
Barry McGrady – Fullback/Wing – Souths NYC
Tyrone Phillips – Fullback – Souths Harold Matthews
Matt Place – Five-eighth/Hooker – North Sydney SG Ball
James Roberts – Fullback/Wing – Souths NYC/SG Ball
David Sisifa – Centre – North Sydney SG Ball
Arthur Takapu – Centre/Wing – Souths NYC
Jordan Tongahai – Wing – Souths SG Ball
Kyle Turner – Centre – Souths SG Ball
Keleti Vaingalo – Centre – Balmain SG Ball
Kieran Vale – Centre – Port Macquarie
Johnathan Valentino – Halfback/Hooker – Souths NYC
Arnold Woulf – Second Row – Souths SG Ball

10 guys in the squad who've previously played for North Sydney if you include Adrian Ha'angana who's photo wasn't there but should be in the squad. Badran, Dowie, England, Farrell, Koroisau, McGrady, Place, Sisifa, and Valentino are the other 9.

Galeforce

Bench
good stuff Girvie ,
a quick check of the internet i note Keleti Vaingalo had impressive expectations going into 2010 for the tigers.any information on his 2010 season?

girvie

Staff member
good stuff Girvie ,
a quick check of the internet i note Keleti Vaingalo had impressive expectations going into 2010 for the tigers.any information on his 2010 season?

He was playing in the centres for Balmain in SG Ball and didn't play too well in the game I saw him in, however I notice that Souths have now put the profiles on their official website where they have listed him as a prop. At 120kgs it is no surprise. He'll make a good project player.

Last edited:

Galeforce

Bench
thanks Girvie , read an article where he also noted he had speed , 11 secs 100 mtre. Also noted Souths have a handfull of big boys as props , at least 5 over 105 kg

MatthewA

Juniors
Heads up on Keiran Vale. I think I posted about him when he first signed with Souths but as a sports photographer here in Port I was at a lot of his games. He was always a stand out and filled up my memory card a lot of the time. Great young talent who is tall, quick and strong. Carved up the group 2 competition here. Plays centre, wing and fullback. Also kicks goals.

MountainMan

Juniors
Souths squad take from Action photos website:

Andrew Artemi – Prop – Souths SG Ball
Alaa Badran – Prop – North Sydney SG Ball
Darryl Brennan – Halfback/Hooker – Souths NYC
Hamish Bryant – Backrow – Easts Rugby Union
George Burgess – Prop – Bradford
James Cooper – Second Row – Tamworth
Shaun Dowie – Halfback – Souths NYC
Scott England – Backrow – Souths NYC
Dylan Farrell – Centre – Souths NYC/SG Ball
Kurt French – Five-Eighth – Wynnum Manly
Joe Gibbs – Backrow – Easts Rugby Union
Jordan Hollis – Prop - Nambucca Heads
Alex Hull – Lock – Souths SG Ball
Reece Jaeger – Wing – Sydney NYC
Brett Jarrett – Second Row – Melbourne SG Ball
Bradley Kheirallah – Fullback – Souths SG Ball
Apisai Koroisau – Halfback – North Sydney SG Ball
Jack Lee Hang – Centre – Souths NYC/SG Ball
Paul Lolesio – Wing – Souths SG Ball
Blake Matthews – Lock – Souths SG Ball
Barry McGrady – Fullback/Wing – Souths NYC
Tyrone Phillips – Fullback – Souths Harold Matthews
Matt Place – Five-eighth/Hooker – North Sydney SG Ball
James Roberts – Fullback/Wing – Souths NYC/SG Ball
David Sisifa – Centre – North Sydney SG Ball
Arthur Takapu – Centre/Wing – Souths NYC
Jordan Tongahai – Wing – Souths SG Ball
Kyle Turner – Centre – Souths SG Ball
Keleti Vaingalo – Centre – Balmain SG Ball
Kieran Vale – Centre – Port Macquarie
Johnathan Valentino – Halfback/Hooker – Souths NYC
Arnold Woulf – Second Row – Souths SG Ball

10 guys in the squad who've previously played for North Sydney if you include Adrian Ha'angana who's photo wasn't there but should be in the squad. Badran, Dowie, England, Farrell, Koroisau, McGrady, Place, Sisifa, and Valentino are the other 9.

James Cooper played in the parramatta C garde comp in 2010 with my neighbour,he played mostly off the bench.(so my neighbour says).

Tyrone Phillips is a deadset gun,i think he is 16 or 17 this year,has a real big future is rugby league.

Valentino is a good hooker with a tone of vision,very very underated

Looking at some of the squads Idk how some players even get into 20s squads,if they struggle with sg ball and even club footy,how do they warrant a 20s contract,when toyota cup is a far more superior comp then sg ball and club footy...even though some are there just to fill numbers,i think its unfair on the clubs part,getting players hopes up.

ballbag

Juniors
Heads up on Keiran Vale. I think I posted about him when he first signed with Souths but as a sports photographer here in Port I was at a lot of his games. He was always a stand out and filled up my memory card a lot of the time. Great young talent who is tall, quick and strong. Carved up the group 2 competition here. Plays centre, wing and fullback. Also kicks goals.
Could not get out of 3rd grade playing for Wests Newcastle in 2009 after SG Ball season

Latest posts