What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Premiers = Melbourne Storm

DJShaksta

First Grade
The whole "we'd never play against our mates or for another club" is just a sob story to try and get the NRL to soften the penalty.
F%&K em.
I never thought Mat Rogers would play against the Sharks either.
St George supporters never thought Lance Thompson or Trent Barrett would play against St George.
Its a guilt trip story by the Storm to try and keep their stars.

Go to Bunnings, buy some cement and Harden the F%&K up.

The whole "we'd never play against our mates or for another club" is just a sob story to try and get the NRL to soften the penalty.
F%&K em.
I never thought Mat Rogers would play against the Sharks either.
St George supporters never thought Lance Thompson or Trent Barrett would play against St George.
Its a guilt trip story by the Storm to try and keep their stars.

Go to Bunnings, buy some cement and Harden the F%&K up.
they say they would never play against their mates but they haven't seen the offers from other clubs yet ;-) without the storm illegally matching them they might not look as bad this time

Bman26

Juniors
I don't get paid to play sport so i'm not sure how much the extra 50k comes into it. But i would NEVER play against my mates who i've played with for the past 5 years. I consider the idea ludicrous. Maybe money makes that much of a difference....

Apparently the now ex-CEO, Matt Hansen was aghast at Waldrons practices and had put in strategies to get the overs down ASAP.

From what Ive gathered so far this involved moving on (or not re-signing) some of, if not all of Tolman, Lima, McDougall, Hinchcliffe, Norrie, Tandy, Finch. Thats roughly 700k coming off the books at the end of the season, add the latest rumour that Hoffman and White will also go and that is over $1.2 million saved.

Anyway here's the article

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ch-for-the-storm/story-e6frexs0-1225858550782

The emerging star is pretty obvious.

Cool...we will have a couple of players left plus Storm Man. That's all we need.