What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 prop power rankings

oldmancraigy

Coach
Like the rest of the team, TLL and Shillo aren't in form. Once we start hitting our straps, this thread will be a good bump.

Surprised there is no mention of Tilse in this thread.

TLL has been about to 'hit his straps' for the past 3-4 years.

Is he ever going to get there?

Oh - I know he's played for NSW/Australia (you can thank Schnozz for that big TLL) - I'm just waiting for the big fella to make more than 2-3 good hitups in a game.

Call me a moron all you like, but BEFORE you do, please point out that season that TLL averaged more than 100m per game??

Maybe even the season he averaged over 8m per hitup??

The guy is an overrated hype machine to the max!! The very opposite of, say, Matt Scott - who is a powerhouse hitter and absolute man of steel running the ball up.

Tolman is a stats player atm. I wouldn't say he makes as much as an impact as other props, even if his stats are better

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Tolman by some margin. Matt Scott and Kade Snowden next probably.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Asotasi is easily in the top 5 and will go back to being the best prop in the world by the end of the season. He's started the year on fire and it's the first time in ages he's been injury free.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Asotasi is easily in the top 5 and will go back to being the best prop in the world by the end of the season. He's started the year on fire and it's the first time in ages he's been injury free.

He's an immortal, just like speedboat, no respect Farrell, Alfie sandow and Faylor.

Matt Scott for mine is number 1. Fire up shillington!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Last year TLL and Shillo were top 5.
This year they'd be close to being in the worst 5. Absolute sh*te given their reptuations. They need to fire up in a big way.

Tilse is having a strong start to the year though

Last edited:

jonno_knights

Juniors
Tolman, Snowden and Mannah should be 3/4 of the NSW Prop rotation and should be for the best part of the next decade. The 4th prop in the rotation should be someone a little more explosive like TLL if he lifts his game.

NSW are really going into a golden era for props. Tolman, Snowden, Mannah, TLL, Grant, Douglas, Merrin, Kennedy* and Hunt all 25 years or under.

Spot On

Coach
Much respect for you Raider. Your spot on. Glad to see your not a Raider supporter living in denial. I agree with Scott and Tolman. Mannah and Snowden going well also. TLL needs a rocket. Either his form has dropped off or the others have stepped up from last year and he hasn't gone with them. Shillo quiet as well.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Anywhere one could find the cumulative stats for 2011?

The site I use to use has been taken down. Best bet would be to use the nrl.com fantasy site, however metres gained are truncated to the nearest 10m and it doesnt show the amount of hitups (DT Supercoach does though).

Bman26

Juniors
Tolman for mine, two massive plays today for the dogs, chasing after creagh made a big bust, and although he didn't get there chasing boyd after he took the intercept those are as much as i hate the term "Origin plays".

Raider_69

Post Whore
please dont tell me "origin play" is going to become part of RL terminology
we as fans need to vote with our mouths and keyboards on this one and stamp that rubbish phrase out of existance.