What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Rookie of the Year...?

bartman

Immortal
I'm not sure whether Parra still has this award, or still gives it out at the last home game of the season, or saves it up for a presentation night later on.

But for mine this year, I'd give it to:

Mitchell Allgood

Done well, played strong, getting better with every week :thumn.

Any thoughts? Different opinions? Discussion points?

Eels Dude

Coach
There isn't really anyone who should be considered apart from Allgood. The rest of the players to debut have been lacklustre at best.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Definitely Allgood.

Watching him the last 2 years I honestly didn't think he'd make it as a firstgrader.
Even after 5 rounds he didn't quite look the goods - and I thought "get rid of him" - would've been a terrible idea! He's been solid all season, and since the Broncos game has taken the 'step up' to be a consistently strong runner of the ball.

eel01s

Bench
Definitely Allgood. Loko had some good games, but I think Allgood has had an excellent debut year for a young prop.

I think he has a huge future.

bartman

Immortal
Agree OMC. He didn't look like he was coming on much early in the season. But even despite our string of losses he's stepped up and is putting in massive games for a very young prop. Looking forward to watching his development in the next few seasons.

Gordy

Juniors
I'm not sure whether Parra still has this award, or still gives it out at the last home game of the season, or saves it up for a presentation night later on.

But for mine this year, I'd give it to:

Mitchell Allgood

Done well, played strong, getting better with every week :thumn.

Any thoughts? Different opinions? Discussion points?

Yep I agree also Bart.

Pazza

First Grade
Great to have a good young prop on the bench who is allowed to learn his trade without too much pressure! Great to have Fui and Mannah :D

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mitchell all good for me, too.

But I have to give an honorary mention to Jacob Loko - he was still very raw, but he was being used as Jarryd Hayne mk. II at times (ie: he was our go-to man; our "throw it to Loko and see what he can create" guy), and he handled the pressure well. He also managed to compete with some of the game's elite centres, one-on-one.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Good to have a thread where we all agree.

This is what it's going to be like next year when we are winning all our games. We will all be discussing how good we are. It's going to be a refreshing change.