What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Australia Open Campaign

Bulldog Force

Referee
Well and truly underway with the Hopman Cup and Brisbane International in full swing.

Aussie Sam with an easy victory in Brisbane last night, defeating Yakimova in straight sets, 6-2, 6-3.

All the action can be followed live online at http://livescore.com/tennis/

Bulldog Force

Referee
Very unusual transpiring in Brisbane yesterday. Marcos Baghdatis lost to Andy Murray in the quarter finals, but, the unusual thing is that Marcos Baghdatis and Murray are double partners... at the same tournament! I can't remember the last thing that happen :O

Tomic takes on Murray today for a spot in the final.

Final stages of the Hopman Cup are also up today.

In other Tennis news, Jo-Wilfred Tsonga takes on fellow countryman Gail Monfils in Qatar. Their final big match before the Aus Open.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Sydney International Time. I'm not liking this... Ana Ivanovic already out. Lost in straight sets to Safarova 7-6, 6-2. Good news for the Aussies though, Jelena Dokic wins, as easily as you can get, in straight sets against Isabella Holland 6-0, 6-0... but spare a thought for Isabella... she is Aussie after all ;)

andrew057

First Grade
Very unusual transpiring in Brisbane yesterday. Marcos Baghdatis lost to Andy Murray in the quarter finals, but, the unusual thing is that Marcos Baghdatis and Murray are double partners... at the same tournament! I can't remember the last thing that happen :O

Happens regularly.

Looking forward to the Aus open, what dates it start BF?

Happens regularly.

Looking forward to the Aus open, what dates it start BF?

The Williams sisters alone would have done it several times you'd assume.

Runs Jan 16-29, should be awesome, I do enjoy the cricket but the tennis is usually a nice change. Also when it finishes it means just over a month till the footy starts again.

My official tips: Nadal and Kvitova

Bulldog Force

Referee
More results from Sydney today:

Crowd favorite Andrea Petkovic successful with a straight sets 6-2, 6-3 victory over Pavlyuchenkova (you think that's hard typing... try pronouncing it!) Li Na also gets over Makarova easily, 6-0, 6-3.

Might also be worth mentioning that Jelena Dokic's victory yesterday was the first double bagel (6-0, 6-0) victory in the tournaments history. Not such a bad feat for Jelena in the 2nd highest tournament in Australia!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Casey Dellacqua through to the next round in Hobart after a 3-set victory over Voskoboeva 7-5, 4-6, 6-4.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Some results from today:

77397748.jpg

Not happy the Petkovic has been eliminated :( but at least Hantuchova's gone though :D What makes it sweeter is that she did it by eliminating Schiavone... who eliminated Sam Stosur yesterday...

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Looking forward to this. I will be rooting for the Aussies as per the normal. Is Tomic setting himself up for a dream run at the Australian Open? Here is hoping. Casey Dellacqua I hope has a good showing too.

Love this time of year, love getting to the event though sadly not in 2012.

Men's draw don't look too good for the Aussies
Tomic vs Verdasco (I think Verdasco will get him, wins it he could go pretty deep)
Hewitt vs Stebe (Hewitt should win this, but I don't know if he'll get past Roddick in the 2nd round)
Several other qualifiers drew seeds as well

Women's is a little nicer for the Aussies
Rodionova vs Wozniaki (little chance here)
Dellacqua vs Jovanovski (chance here, Azarenka in rd 2, doubt she'd get through her)
Stosur vs Cristea (should go pretty deep, no real threats in her section)
Dokic vs Chakvadetze (might win this, has Bartolli in the next round who could be tough, if she wins that she could get to Stosur in the 4th round)
Gajdosova vs Kirilenko (tough game, but certainly winable, would have Kvitova in the 3rd round)

Stosur should go pretty deep in the draw but I think the rest may be out pretty quickly. I think maybe one of Dokic, Hewitt, Gajdosova, Tomic may go far, but a lot of the Aussies will go out in the first 2 rounds unfortunately.

joshie

Live Update Team
Watch Ashleigh Barty is she manages to get onto TV. She is a good friend of mines sister and won the junior Wimbledon's title last year. She's got massive talent, and she is only 15 and making her pro debut.

Latest posts