What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Australia Open Campaign

Bulldog Force

Referee
Gosh this is nerve-racking.

I agree with you guys though, 2013 will be his breakout year. I'm glad this kid has talent. Weather he wins or not today, he'll learn a lot from this challenge against Fernando.

joshie

Live Update Team
Good Bernard Tomic comes from two sets down to win

love it! lets hope he starts a bit better from now on!

i wonder when we get to hear the groaning antics of Hewitt :D

Mig2006

Juniors
Tomic's father does his son's public image no favours. He couldn't even stand still for a minute for an interview. Poor form.....

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Tomic is better than I thought. GREAT win. Scary to think how good he can be. I wrote him off two sets down, proved me wrong and I loved every minute of it!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Bad luck for young Ben Mitchell. It's really hard for anyone to return serves from that giant Isner. His height gives his serves more of a bounce to them, meaning that the shorter players have to reach higher for the ball. It also means he's chance of serving faults straight into the net are lower (excuse the pun)! But young Mitchell put up a fight. Hopefully it's the start of a good career.

Anastasia Rodionova didn't stand a chance against the world #1, but she gave it her all and we can't really hold that against her. Hopefully she'll bounce back in the Fed Cup in Feb.

Can't hold anything against Barty. Only 15 years old and to even qualify for the AO was an achievement. She pushed Tatishvili to the limit yesterday and only lost the tie-breaker as it wasn't a final set. She would have learnt so much from the event yesterday. Hopefully within the next 2-3 years, she can go a little further in these majors and enter the Fed Cup team for more team to know what it's like to have team around her.

joshie

Live Update Team
Can't hold anything against Barty. Only 15 years old and to even qualify for the AO was an achievement. She pushed Tatishvili to the limit yesterday and only lost the tie-breaker as it wasn't a final set. She would have learnt so much from the event yesterday. Hopefully within the next 2-3 years, she can go a little further in these majors and enter the Fed Cup team for more team to know what it's like to have team around her.

shes over the moon!

she did very well in the second set and made everybody proud! was thinking of a massive defeat at 2-6 but the second set showed her true skill. she won the ace count 7-0 and thats pretty massive!

Aussie's up up and away!

When does Tomics next match air?