What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Gains and Losses and possible squad

Minh

First Grade
Merrin is our best prop and must start next year

He is good but I thought all our forwards were well contained in the second half of the season and weren't making the yards. they were targeted in tackles of three of or four, the best way to stop this is if we can add some second phase play and be less predictable with the one out hit ups. We need need a proper dummy half who is smart enough to make adjustments to the situations with select passing and running as well.

Father Ted

First Grade
He is good but I thought all our forwards were well contained in the second half of the season and weren't making the yards. they were targeted in tackles of three of or four, the best way to stop this is if we can add some second phase play and be less predictable with the one out hit ups. We need need a proper dummy half who is smart enough to make adjustments to the situations with select passing and running as well.

I reckon we all have our fingers crossed that one Cameron King is the answer

Minh

First Grade
Minh you have left out Will Mathews, I liked what I saw of him towards the end of the season for the Titans.

Yep I forgot about him I think the new recruits in the forwards would be fighting it out for about two or three positions in the top 17.

redvwhite

Juniors
What's the story with Will Matthews? Injury? How old? I saw a video on youtube about him where he says OKI Jubilee would be a favourite stadium of his which is a good sign.

possm

Coach
Moltzen out and Carney in:

1. K Stanley
2.Morris
3. Copper (c)
4. C Stanley / Vidot
5. Nightie
6. Soward
7. Carney

8. Weyman
9. King / Rein
10. Merrin
11. Creagh
12. Scott
13. Young
14. Hunt
15. Prior / Hornby
16. Marketo / Miller
17. De Belin

Great strikepower, youth and experience. Increased speed in the halves.

Minh

First Grade
Carney is a brilliant footballer but has already used up his 9 lives, he is a loose cannon.

j0nesy

Bench
Try to sign him on match payments only. Use him as a utility off the bench. Tell him if gets on the piss within a few days before the game he wont play, or if he gets in to trouble he wont play. He'll still drink, but does it really matter as long he is not hurting anyone else?

Minh

First Grade
I could even handle this for a backline next year....

1.Hornby
2.morris
3.Moltzen
4.Cooper
5.nights
6.style
7.Soward

Any thoughts?
i think Hornby is great but not a half?

I would keep our halves pairing and have style playing fullback, has anyone given thought to one Quade Cooper do you think we are any chance of jagging him, would be a brilliant player I reckon.

possm

Coach
Hornby now good utility value off the bench. Last year he was too slow and made too many defencive mistakes. Would be better in shorter stints on the field. Past being a good fullback or half for 80 min.

Carney is ripe for the picking. Will come cheaper than he is worth and could be paired with one of our senior players or coaches in order to keep him in line. He will surely choose to play for the Dragons ahead of the Sharks.

Cooper to captain, he has earned it.

New spark will come from Carney, K Stanley at fullback, King and De Belin in the forwards.

Miller should add competition and toughness to the forward pack off the bench in the early part of the season.

1. K Stanley
2. Morris
3. Cooper (c)
4. C Stanley / Vidot
5. Nighty
6. Soward
7. Carney
8. Weyman
9. King / Rein
10. Merrin
11. Creigh
12. Scott
13. Young
14. Hunt
15. Miller
16. De Belin
17. Hornby / Prior

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
Hornby now good utility value off the bench. Last year he was too slow and made too many defencive mistakes. Would be better in shorter stints on the field. Past being a good fullback or half for 80 min.

Carney is ripe for the picking. Will come cheaper than he is worth and could be paired with one of our senior players or coaches in order to keep him in line. He will surely choose to play for the Dragons ahead of the Sharks.

Cooper to captain, he has earned it.

New spark will come from Carney, K Stanley at fullback, King and De Belin in the forwards.

Miller should add competition and toughness to the forward pack off the bench in the early part of the season.

1. K Stanley
2. Morris
3. Cooper (c)
4. C Stanley / Vidot
5. Nighty
6. Soward
7. Carney
8. Weyman
9. King / Rein
10. Merrin
11. Creigh
12. Scott
13. Young
14. Hunt
15. Miller
16. De Belin
17. Hornby / Prior

As much as i don't respect Carney with his track record this would be an awesome team capable of winning the comp.

Minh

First Grade
He had a bad World Cup but let's get Quade Cooper while he is not the hottest commodity going around, he could be value.:)

Mr Red

First Grade
He had a bad World Cup but let's get Quade Cooper while he is not the hottest commodity going around, he could be value.:)

FACT - negotiations are already underway to have a package deal with Sonny Bill and Quade cooper at the roosters.. just trying the work out the financial side of the deal... not saying it will happen, but all i know is talks have already started..

FACT - negotiations are already underway to have a package deal with Sonny Bill and Quade cooper at the roosters.. just trying the work out the financial side of the deal... not saying it will happen, but all i know is talks have already started..

Given their record with signing quality human beings, if true, this will end the same way.....

Latest posts