What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigwaa

Bench
Souffs to get Colgate sponsorship next year?

They're sleeve sponsors, these guys are the Major Sponsor next season
Methsv2-155x325.jpg

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i thought fishermans friend were going to be the major sponsors? or were they just the major ones till a better company came along?

i thought fishermans friend were going to be the major sponsors? or were they just the major ones till a better company came along?

nope

they are the sleeve sponsors.

however the club negotiated a deal with them to be on the front of the shirt for 5 games on a pro rata basis.

cooko

Juniors
Away jerseys should be called clash jerseys and only be worn in the event of a clash.

And they should only be allowed to be the same design as the teams home jersey, just in a different colour combination ( I think only the broncos and warriors do this).

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Sea-Eagles-secure-future-with-Kaspersky/55455
The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are proud to announce world-leading IT security software company Kaspersky Lab will continue as the club's major sponsor for the next three years.

The extended corporate partnership will see Kaspersky Lab featured on the front of Sea Eagles home and away jerseys until at least 2015.

Managing Director of Kaspersky Asia Pacific, Harry Cheung said it’s an honour to support such a successful club and the current NRL Premiers.

“We are very excited to continue our relationship with the Manly Sea Eagles. We look forward to a long and prosperous relationship with the club and its wider corporate networks.”

Sea Eagles Chief Operating Officer David Perry said Kaspersky Lab is a loyal and valued partner.

“We are extremely proud to continue this valued partnership with such an internationally respected brand,” Mr Perry said.

“Kaspersky is a world leader in Internet security software and to have their support for the long-term is a huge boost for the club.”

“We sincerely thank them for their ongoing support and we look forward to assisting Kaspersky Lab to grow their business in this expanding market.”
Another win for the "P-plate CEO"...

Fire

First Grade
St George Illawarra Dragons should be sponsored by a business with the name St George in its name, even better if that business had a Dragon as its mascot, too.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Seen the home manly jersey up close on someone today. I have to say it looks great and the v really makes it, easily on of the best in the league

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I didn't like those white things on the QLD shoulders and shorts.

neither does anyone else. i know in order to sell jersey's they need to make things different but it looked like a 5 year old randomly stuck shapes onto a jersey

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
neither does anyone else. i know in order to sell jersey's they need to make things different but it looked like a 5 year old randomly stuck shapes onto a jersey

I hope the ARL realises soon that for rep jerseys they really don't need to do that.

Even just a few years ago we had no sponsors on the front of the jersey and it was just a simple maroon jersey with a nice collar.

Now we have sponsors and shit everywhere, gold lines everywhere for no reason and random white racing stripes or whatever on the sleeves and shorts.

origin2000s-420x0.jpg

248890-gorden-tallis.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
I have my retro NSW jersey, wouldn't touch the current one with a ten foot pole. Qld's is even worse.

Current manufacturers need to have a look at what companies like Umbro are doing. For the most part, their gear is simple and classy. Soccer clubs change their gear much more than we're used to but for the most part, the changes are subtle and stick to the identity of the team. How good would it be to see two teams lining up that looked like the photos above?

Status
Not open for further replies.