What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Sharks, Souths and Eels main sponsor is subtle and doesn't stand out on the jersey. Melbourne has the worst. Canberra aint much good either.

Danish

Referee
They're playing it off as a "we're supporting a charity for a round", when the truth is they're being forced to take Crown off their jerseys whilst in NZ.

Already this season we've seen the Broncos having to cover up sportingbet.com.au with a charity, and the Rabbitohs replaced The Star with Souths Cares on their trip over the Tasman.

Something to do with gambling advertising rules I believe, A-League's Melbourne Victory had to remove Intralot (gaming company) from theirs a few years back, and I believe the Dragons' IGT mob had to cover up for Mt Smart games too.

I assume this law only applies for teams physically playing in NZ, as obviously they are still broadcasting games featuring the teams mentioned above on Sky etc.

Kind of stupid law when you think about it

Patorick

Staff member
So has it been established what the purpose of the SW Foundation is, besides a tax write-off for him?

Has any person(s) of need actually been compensated in any way because of it?

LESStar58

Referee
Argh my eyes.

00028803-leadimage.jpg

Hideous! It looks like a sticker!

Zigwaa

Bench
I disagree, i prefer last years exiles jersey. Loved the V and the use of Aus & NZ colours better.

docbrown

Coach
I actually prefer that one to last years but it's all subjective.

Though (in future) vertical stripes for the win methinks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts