What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAZF

First Grade
Agreed - their home jersey at the moment looks like it was designed by a homeboy who was commissioned to dream up a high visibility safety top for the Campbelltown council.

It's a crying shame, rather than having two classic jerseys they have a hi-vis vest and one of those 70's/80's blankets with tiger stripes on them that derros would hang up as art.

GAZF

First Grade
The white patches on the back of the socks really don't help since the dogs have them too. If we had green socks with it there would be a clearer difference.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Was I the only one that thought the Raiders looked like the Bulldogs from behind?

*Possibly but I quite like our alternate strip. Although why we didn't wear green I do not know. There was no colour clash and no conceivable reason why. Yes, I understand that wearing it will pique fans interest in it and may encourage them to purchase one and thus add $$$ to our club but the whole away jersey thing annoys me. If you've got an iconic jersey such as ours, the dragons, lol@50uffs, parramatta etc wear it and only turn to the alternate in games where there is a clash etc.

And I don't like the camo jersey either. ANZAC day is about commemorating those who served in war for our country not dressing up faux military wear for a fashion statement, laugh or a buck. If you want to pay tribute wear 'Lest we forget' near the badge.

* Caution: Another AlwaysGreen 'Why can't we always wear green' rant.

ahhh the 3/4 sleeve brings back memories. my first broncos jersey as a kid had 3/4 sleeves.

out of curiosity do you reckon the 3/4 sleeve would aid in ball control? as it provides more friction than an arm so if hit wouldnt necessarily slide out as easy?

I like the idea of celebrating the armed forces but use ozcam for f**ks sake

3/4 sleeves were the bomb! When I played footy I always hunted out the 3/4 sleeve jumpers from the kit bag. Long sleeves were too cumbersome, and short sleeves were too cold and all the try-hards loved them. My 2 favourite St George jerseys I have are also 3/4 sleeves, a 1994 Penfolds jumper and a 1998 Newmans Motors jumper.

BRING 3/4 SLEEVES BACK!!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
do the raiders have a heritage jersey this year?
I believe it's last years main jersey, the all green with yellow/blue/white bands around the arms. That was what they said when voting on the new strip anyway.
*Possibly but I quite like our alternate strip. Although why we didn't wear green I do not know. There was no colour clash and no conceivable reason why. Yes, I understand that wearing it will pique fans interest in it and may encourage them to purchase one and thus add $$$ to our club but the whole away jersey thing annoys me. If you've got an iconic jersey such as ours, the dragons, lol@50uffs, parramatta etc wear it and only turn to the alternate in games where there is a clash etc.

And I don't like the camo jersey either. ANZAC day is about commemorating those who served in war for our country not dressing up faux military wear for a fashion statement, laugh or a buck. If you want to pay tribute wear 'Lest we forget' near the badge.

* Caution: Another AlwaysGreen 'Why can't we always wear green' rant.
RE: the alternate strip - I like it and don't mind it... but why blue shorts? GREEN shorts would suit it perfectly and make far better sense.

RE: ANZAC strip - it's not to make a buck. Jerseys.com.au confirmed it will not be made available to the public.

Reborned

Juniors
Storm heritage jersey, same as 2011.

LMel-2-Jer-Heritage-300.jpg

Nice

TheDalek079

Bench
scummy warriors scum. the game is to remember the 2002 Grand Final. Easts dutifully wear a replica of their 2002 GF jersey. on the other hand, the sewer league warriors are wearing some crappy greenstone jersey (and last year was some NZ flag shirt). How hard is it for them to wear a replica of their 2002 jersey? They could have made a big fuss about their minor premiership and their first time on the biggest stage of them all.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They have a heritage jersey but it remains to be seen if they'll wear it.

They may wear their home jersey for the first time which echoes somewhat that 2002 GF jersey anyway.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
in recgnition of heritage round...canberra milk need to bust out raiders lime.

come on canberra milk. fire up

Worst. Shit. Ever.

The old bat at the canteen was a mad Raiders fan. She had that shit all the time. When it was coming up to the used by date, they'd sell it for 50cents. It was the only way you'd buy it.

Personally, I always stuck with the chocolate moove. You can't replace quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.