What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Memberships

rygrco

Juniors
Latest numbers sourced directly from club sites (total memberships):

...Warriors... no counter

FYI

Excerpt from Warriors member email, received 21/02/2012:

Firstly, thank you again for your strong support of the Club in 2012 through your Membership - Now 7,000 Members Strong!

Note: I understand this is against the LU sourcing policy, but some is better than none, I guess.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Latest numbers sourced directly from club sites (total memberships):

Rabbitohs 19,026
Knights 16,149
Dragons 14,400
Broncos 14,141
Bulldogs ~10,000 (no counter, news y'day)
Eels 8,041
Cowboys 7,920
Storm 7,745
Roosters 7,400
Manly 7,258

Raiders, Panthers, Sharks, Titans, Warriors, Tigers no counter

EDIT: looks like I was beaten to the punch lol

the Raiders had a counter up before the battle took place but took it down
it was 5,258 at the start
add 820.... we're at a tick ova 6,000

the Broncos started the battle at 13,676
& have 2,141 signed up
so that should have them on ...15,817:?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Their website counter may not have been updated in a day or two.

AuDragon

Juniors
Their website counter may not have been updated in a day or two.
Make that a week! :crazy:

The Broncos counter banner isn't very reliable, as it gets updated once in a blue moon.
They will have at least 1600 more members, as they were on the same 14141 a week ago, when they were on 581 in heavyweights battle...

CC_Roosters

First Grade
The counters on club sites are definitly running at a different rate than the membership premiership tallys.

I suspect we could get full numbers tomorrow since the membership drive finishes tomorrow.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'm not sure on exact numbers, but I dare say the vast majority of members for the Knights are indeed ticketed ...

Frederick

Staff member
The knights target from the get go has been 20,000 ticketed members, so I'm fairly certain that counter only counts ticketed members, and if so it means our actual membership number could be much higher

I'm not sure on exact numbers, but I dare say the vast majority of members for the Knights are indeed ticketed ...
When I went to buy my dad a Knights membership a year or so ago there wasn't really any non-ticketed options for membership. Even the most basic membership included tickets to (from memory) four games. Which was actually a pain in the arse because there is no option for people who want to be members but have no hope of ever getting to any games. As a result I didn't buy one.

Silent Knight

First Grade
When I went to buy my dad a Knights membership a year or so ago there wasn't really any non-ticketed options for membership. Even the most basic membership included tickets to (from memory) four games. Which was actually a pain in the arse because there is no option for people who want to be members but have no hope of ever getting to any games. As a result I didn't buy one.

Yeah the non-ticketed membership offered under the pre-Tinkler administration was a joke for distant Knights supporters. My mate paid $30 or so for one and all he received was a membership card and 10% off merchandise sold at the Knights Kingdom. They even called it an ordinary membership to basically imply us distant Knights fans were ordinary.

Under Tinkler they've ramped up the cost of the supporters membership (non-ticketed) to $70 but at least you get a cap, some bumper stickers, key ring and fridge magnet. That's probably not worth $70 but now the club is actually building towards something special and no longer tolerates mediocrity by allowing players like Dan Powderpuff Tolar and Cameron HandslikeFeet Ciraldo to play top flight NRL, I'm happy to do my part.

rnb11

Juniors
From day one the Knights have made it clear their goal is 20k ticketed members

"The Knights have set an ambitious target of 20,000 Ticketed Members" - from the Knights website

Every time the club reaches a certain figure they always declare the number as ticketed. It's just great that so many Novacastrians are getting behind the team, Hunter Stadium is going to go off!

Yeah the non-ticketed membership offered under the pre-Tinkler administration was a joke for distant Knights supporters. My mate paid $30 or so for one and all he received was a membership card and 10% off merchandise sold at the Knights Kingdom. They even called it an ordinary membership to basically imply us distant Knights fans were ordinary.

Under Tinkler they've ramped up the cost of the supporters membership (non-ticketed) to $70 but at least you get a cap, some bumper stickers, key ring and fridge magnet. That's probably not worth $70 but now the club is actually building towards something special and no longer tolerates mediocrity by allowing players like Dan Powderpuff Tolar and Cameron HandslikeFeet Ciraldo to play top flight NRL, I'm happy to do my part.
From memory I don't think the "ordinary" membership included a membership card. I probably would have been willing to get one if it had. From what I remember it included tickets to four selected games, access to other functions and stuff like that = ie events that you would have to live in or near Newcastle to attend. It was a joke. I even emailed the club and told them so. But received no response.

docbrown

Coach
The Knights best yearly home game average was 22,018 set in 1990.

We are going to smash it. 24-25k if we have great season.

dgsfan

Juniors
You a Knights fan, Doc? I hope you guys do. Dogs have been doing 20,00 the past few years. Hopefully with a few back to back years of on field success we would be nudging 25,000 too.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Roosters cleared 8000 according to their facebook

Good work by the club. Interesting that despite the bad year, the message is getting across on membership- thats double what we were on 3-4 years ago. Very impressed if we give 10k a nudge.

Just thinking, by my count thats a thousand memberships in a under 2 days

Last edited:

Latest posts