What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Bundy Cup

footy912

Juniors
I've heard the auburn coaching staff are still trying to drag some players from st johns with them. But from reports the coaching staff have problems with relating to players as some were a bit disgruntled with there style last season at st johns and the previous season with the Bulls/St johns hence not many backing up the next year.

Roland

Juniors
I've heard the auburn coaching staff are still trying to drag some players from st johns with them. But from reports the coaching staff have problems with relating to players as some were a bit disgruntled with there style last season at st johns and the previous season with the Bulls/St johns hence not many backing up the next year.

What changes did the players want. The tactics seemed fairly good when they won the first 9 games including 40 points before half time at Windsor.

footy912

Juniors
What changes did the players want. The tactics seemed fairly good when they won the first 9 games including 40 points before half time at Windsor.
The tactics were mainly coming from players like Damien Moysten and Arthur little. Alot of the play was structured from them as the coaching staff did not contribute much input other than fitness

parra_jesus

Juniors
Being coached by him i haveto say . Darren maroon is a good coach , really drills the simply facets off the game Into his players . Once the fundamentals are in place he allows them to play there own natural game , very effective to get the most out of his players . Everyone knows there role . But I do agree without his old heads like the little"s and Damien moysten his teams would and do struggle for direction ,his assistant coach (can't remember his name ) is one of the most arrogant coaches /trainers I have ever played under . Playing for St. John's last year I know the only reason those boys don't want to jump over to auburn is because of him.

Roland

Juniors
North West Wolves will finalise a 35 man squad in February for 2 trials against Bundy clubs - one in Sydney and one in Melbourne.

parra_jesus

Juniors
The question is why are auburn struggling for numbers ? What happened to their last years roster (other than not getting paid ) they had strong numbers from Bundy down to a grade .

Roland

Juniors
The question is why are auburn struggling for numbers ? What happened to their last years roster (other than not getting paid ) they had strong numbers from Bundy down to a grade .

That situation deteriorated during the season. The A grade won the first 4 games in the ICCC and then a few weeks later they had withdrawn.

To make up the numbers in Bundy in the final game of the season they had Frank Betti, Addison Demetriou and Junior Langi, all 3 being occasional Sydney Shield players.

Roland

Juniors
How many teams are confirmed starters for the Bundy Cup next year??

Confirmation would require a statement from the NSWRL and while they put out an official draw for the NSW Cup in November they usually put out the Bundy draw a week before the comp starts.

It looks like it will be 11 or 12 being 9 from this year (St Johns out) plus Asquith, Western Suburbs and North West Wolves (Melbourne).

There was a recent article in the WA press in response to the NRL forward plan, stating that the West Coast Pirates could seek an english super league franchise as well as re enter the Bundy Cup, but this probably just posturing.

The Joker

Juniors
Asquith should be fairly strong if they retain most of their players. I know former Bulldogs and Manly half Aaron Groom was playing for them over the past few years. Mark Meredith too

Ram Man

Juniors
Asquith should be fairly strong if they retain most of their players. I know former Bulldogs and Manly half Aaron Groom was playing for them over the past few years. Mark Meredith too

They have lost more players from there GF winning squad from last year. Apparently there were 4 or 5 of this years squad not happy with a few things (mainly money) and have left the club.
They have also pick up Dylan Montgomery from Valley United (Manly A Grade). He was a Manly lower grade player, and has been at Valley for a few years. Plays prop, is built like a small apartment block and goes all day. Trying to tackle him is like hitting a pile of bricks...however, chop his legs out and he does not like it one bit! Good bloke though and should help Asquith out as Mark Meredith was no where near the player he has been in recent years. Most of the year he came off the becnch this year and barely made an impact

parra_jesus

Juniors
I was asked to play for guildford sydney shield team last year on the promise of a Bundy team this year . They were very confident of entry. But there has been no talk of it since the end of last year . Surprisingly, they do have the funds with the backing of a strong leagues club to help them
Out financially .