What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**2013 fresh start**

Skitz68

Juniors
Now that the club has settled on a new coach . It's got me wondering !
: Who will play Fullback
: " ". " " Five eight
: " ". " ". Halfback
: " ". " " on the wings
: Will any NSW cup players or Under 20's Players be brought up
What do you think the team will look like 1 to 13 and Bench / Options ?

Matchball

Bench
1. Tedesco
2. Hopefully not Lote.
3. Lawrence
4. Ayshford
5 MK
6 Benji
7 Miller if media reports are true about Potter having plans for him.
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Blair
11.Fulton
12. Galloway
13. Unsure for now.

14. Utai
15. Anasta
16. Pettyborn
17. Anyone but Moltzen.

1. Tedesco
2. Koroibete
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Nofoaluma
6. Marshall
7. Miller

13. Bell
12. Fulton
11. Blair
10. Galloway
9. Farah
8. Woods

14. Sironen
15. BMM
16. Pettybourne
17. Anasta

Agree 100% with Charleton except prefer a big bopper on the bench instead of Anasta.

I liked all three props from 20s, particularly the non-Polynesian one....Brown?

Last edited:

TYGA

Juniors
1. Tedesco
2. Koroibete
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Nofoaluma
6. Marshall
7. Miller

13. Bell
12. Fulton
11. Blair
10. Galloway
9. Farah
8. Woods

14. Sironen
15. BMM
16. Pettybourne
17. Anasta

The Backline and Frontrow is spot on.
Would start Anasta or Siro at lock and Bell to the bench. Bell looked good last year because he played with heart but I would suggest if we are on our game as a squad younger talent Sue, Fotuiaka or Bodene Thompson will take his spot. We actually have some real depth in the backrow.

1. Tedesco
2. Marika
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Nofoaluma
6. Marshall
7. Miller
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Keithy
11. Fulton
12. Blair
13. Braith

14. BMM
15. Pettybourne
16. Bell
17. Siro/Thompson (still not sure about this one, would also consider Thompson over Blake)

Why u no Utai?

Marika showed plenty of potential at the end of last season, and I also think Nofoaluma has it in him to play first grade with a good off season under his belt. Utai is on the way down, and has some bad errors in his game. Utai will probably be a depth player for his last few years here.

tiger102

Juniors
  1. Tedesco
  2. Marika
  3. Lawrence
  4. Ayshford
  5. Nofoaluma/Hitchcox
  6. Marshall
  7. Miller
  8. Woods
  9. Farah
  10. Galloway
  11. Bmm
  12. Blair
  13. Fulton
  14. Bell
  15. Fotuaika
  16. Thompson
  17. Anasta/Paasi/Pettybourne

High Shot

Juniors
1. Tim Moltzen
2. Michael Fish
3.Dennis Bendall
4. Wayne Wigham
5. Paul Cross
6. Les Mara
7. Peter Duffy
8. Neil Pringle
9. Trevor Ryan
10. Greg Bandiera
11. Dennis Manteit
12. Noel Maybury
13. Keith Cook.

macnaz

Staff member
Good side highshot . but id have Bendall at fullback because hed still bring the ball back harder than Moltzen.

Well as everyone has selected Miller, lets hope that everyone's wishes come true and the following is true.

Wests Tigers halfback Jacob Miller had been the other No.7 Hull were chasing, but Tigers recruitment manager Warren McDonnell said the Junior Kangaroo was staying put as new coach Mick Potter rated him highly.

"Jacob is not going anywhere. He is contracted here until the end of 2013,'' McDonnell said.

"Mick (Potter) really wants him here.''
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/sc...old-coast-titans/story-fndujljl-1226504196828

hutch

First Grade
Not a fan of miller but if he is to be given a go then he needs all off season there and at least the first 6-8 games guaranteed next year. I still think anasta is going to add a fair bit to this team next year, he has experience, can kick, can defend and knows how to close out a game. I think we will go much better next year than we did this year if we can keep a strong spine on the field!

Mader45

Juniors
Is there really a chance that Anasta wont be in the starting side? Can these guys have contracts with clauses stipulating this type of stuff?

innsaneink

Referee
1. Tim Moltzen
2. Michael Fish
3.Dennis Bendall
4. Wayne Wigham
5. Paul Cross
6. Les Mara
7. Peter Duffy
8. Neil Pringle
9. Trevor Ryan
10. Greg Bandiera
11. Dennis Manteit
12. Noel Maybury
13. Keith Cook.

Needs more Paul Somerville

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Not a fan of miller but if he is to be given a go then he needs all off season there and at least the first 6-8 games guaranteed next year. I still think anasta is going to add a fair bit to this team next year, he has experience, can kick, can defend and knows how to close out a game. I think we will go much better next year than we did this year if we can keep a strong spine on the field!

Anasta is not a halfback though.

super_coach

First Grade
our forwards still lack fire power and the brute strength of the better forward packs. Been the case for years, very hard to improve your defense when your giving away a lot in power and strength. Also with Anasta likely to start at lock, what you gain in guile and experience you loose in his lack of work rate

gronkathon

First Grade
I said it on the official forum so I will repeat it here as well.

I would move BMM into our prop rotation. He has the ability to play like Tamou and has the leg drive to make it as a prop. Laterally he is just that fraction to slow in defence on the fringes and would benefit from the tighter structure closer to the ruck. Generally a fellow of his size is more likely to be called as a dominant tackle as well which helps.

It can be well argued that his size and stregth will be missed on the fringes closer to the try line but it is my belief the power and speed of Pettybourne and Thompson more then make up for this.

It leaves us a prop down in ideal rotation but I think we have the depth to cover it as our guys in State Cup and NYC graduates can take up the slack, especially considering the minutes Woods can play in a stint to keep the rotation fresh and not leave them over-exposed.

Bell is a option but I prefer him as a anchor back rower off the bench

Vic Mackey

Referee
I said it on the official forum so I will repeat it here as well.

I would move BMM into our prop rotation. He has the ability to play like Tamou and has the leg drive to make it as a prop. Laterally he is just that fraction to slow in defence on the fringes and would benefit from the tighter structure closer to the ruck. Generally a fellow of his size is more likely to be called as a dominant tackle as well which helps.

It can be well argued that his size and stregth will be missed on the fringes closer to the try line but it is my belief the power and speed of Pettybourne and Thompson more then make up for this.

It leaves us a prop down in ideal rotation but I think we have the depth to cover it as our guys in State Cup and NYC graduates can take up the slack, especially considering the minutes Woods can play in a stint to keep the rotation fresh and not leave them over-exposed.

Bell is a option but I prefer him as a anchor back rower off the bench

I wanted BMM at prop last year. From what I was told the coaching staff released fifita purely because of him. They believed he was just as strong and powerful as fifita however had much better lateral movement. He played prop in round 2 against manly and I thought it was just about his best game of the season.

However with Ellis and heighno leaving I believe he will now be more beneficial to the team as a wide running back rower. We should be fairly well served with depth props with kg, woods, bell, groat, fotuaika, buchanan, the fijian bench prop from BRET (who I heard is in the 25 for 2013) and Blair/Pettybourne able to fill in. Unless vela or Santi progress quicker then expected I'd use him strictly out wide.

Bodene Thompson will be an interesting one next year. I know sheens really wanted him in 2009 when he graduated from keebra but the tits fought hard for him. A few years back During commentary fatty said Trevor gillmeister had told him that Thompson was one of the most talented juniors he had ever seen. He seemed to get messed around a bit, shafted between lock, second row, center and even five eighth...which would be very hard for a bloke trying make his way in first grade. Hopefully a change of scenery and a more definite role in a team (with sheens now gone) we can benefit from his junior promise.

BrotherJim05

Bench
1. Tedesco
2. Marika
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Nofoaluma
6. Marshall
7. Miller
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Keithy
11. Fulton
12. Blair
13. Braith

14. BMM
15. Pettybourne
16. Bell
17. Siro/Thompson (still not sure about this one, would also consider Thompson over Blake)

Out of all the lists so far this is my favourite. I would put Utai over Nofoaluma untill he gets injured (which he will within 3-4 games) then give Nofoaluma the shot at FG.

Does anyone else realise that if our team is similar to below WE WILL HAVE FOUR ESTABLISHED KICKERS ON THE FIELD AT ONCE.
Miller - best kicker for 2012 Premiership Toyota Cup team
Marshall - best kicker for Tigers (not brilliant this year but was Golden Boot 2010 and up there 2011)
Anasta - best kicker for Roosters after Carney left and has always had a solid kicking game
Farah - by far the best kicker for NSW Origin this year and has solid dummy half kicking game