What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**2013 fresh start**

Matchball

Bench
Utai should come on off the bench and run at tired forwards for the last 15 mins of each half.
The bloke is hard to tackle and a majority of the time they can't get him to the ground and he is held standing on his tree trunk legs.
Teach him to offload and we will be a huge weapon.

TYGA

Juniors
I said it on the official forum so I will repeat it here as well.

I would move BMM into our prop rotation. He has the ability to play like Tamou and has the leg drive to make it as a prop. Laterally he is just that fraction to slow in defence on the fringes and would benefit from the tighter structure closer to the ruck. Generally a fellow of his size is more likely to be called as a dominant tackle as well which helps.

It can be well argued that his size and stregth will be missed on the fringes closer to the try line but it is my belief the power and speed of Pettybourne and Thompson more then make up for this.

It leaves us a prop down in ideal rotation but I think we have the depth to cover it as our guys in State Cup and NYC graduates can take up the slack, especially considering the minutes Woods can play in a stint to keep the rotation fresh and not leave them over-exposed.

Bell is a option but I prefer him as a anchor back rower off the bench

BMM has all the talent in the world with the ball. Runs out of steam and woeful in defence. Was a liability after 10 Mins. If coached well and prepares well is a walk up start in our pack. Highly doubt it but that will be Potters test.

Radical Rat

Juniors
1. Tedesco
2. Marika
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Nofoaluma
6. Marshall
7. Miller
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Keithy
11. Fulton
12. Blair
13. Braith

14. BMM
15. Pettybourne
16. Bell
17. Siro/Thompson (still not sure about this one, would also consider Thompson over Blake)

This is also my team. However as stated by a couple of others. BMM has to be in the prop rotation. His lateral movement is terrible on the fringes and he got found out plenty of times last year. There is absolutely no reason he can't be a dominant prop. Just needs to work on his fitness a bit.

I'd also have B Thompson ahead of Siro at this stage. It's not going to hurt Siro having some time in NSW cup to develop further. Bodene could develop into an absolute weapon. He can also cover plenty of positions if need be, but I certainly see him primarily as a backrower.

Tiger05

First Grade
1. Tedesco
2. Marika
3. Nofoaluma
4. Lawrence
5. Utai
6. Marshall
7. Braith
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Keithy
11. Pettybourne
12. Blair
13. Fulton

14. BMM -- Prop Rotation
15. Bell -- Prop Rotation
16. Thompson
17. Ayshford

We need the forwards to fire if we are to have a chance. I'd like to see a junior take Bell's prop rotation spot and another junior to replace Ayshford.

Anasta at 7 means he can bludge and we get a good defensive player there who should take the right option when we have the ball. Nofoaluma might make it in the centres and I'd give him a go.

I think we are lacking one strike player in the backs and one in the forwards. Maybe Thompson or Pettybourne will step up. Hopefully BMM will make it his year. In the backs maybe Nofoaluma might step up or there is Moltzen or Sirro Jnr as options in the centres..

Last edited:
Problems we had this year have to be addressed for the WT to be successful in 2013.
New Coach....CHECK
Fast Backline..........Tedesco,Nofoaluma,Simona,Rowdy,Marika,Benji
Halves...................Anasta,Miller,Benji
Lock......................Fulton
2ND Row................BMM,Pettybourne
Props.....................Keith,Woods
Hooker...................Farah (C)

Bench....................Blair,Bell,Thompson,Utai

In all cases we have a capable squad that should perform well if they jell.I would consider Benji at centre to accommodate Anasta at 5/8,reason being that out wide he would be very dangerous one on one supported by two fast wingers.If Anasta fails i would than bench him and move Benji back to 5/8 and promote Simona.BMM and Pettybourne would be my back row simply for impact,while our front row picks itself.

innsaneink

Referee
Anasta at 7 means you'll get plenty of bites...I'll go first.

He's started there ONCE in 257 games....that day they lost 56-0, Orford :lol: yes Matt Orford slaughtered him scoring 28 points including three tries.

Cheers!!
ST-TM_NFI.JPG

Tiger05

First Grade
Anasta at 7 is a risk but so is Miller.

Anasta has the the upside of solid defence, a great kicking game, a running game in the halves that although not great should cause some problems plus he can take the right option. The only downside is the lack of pace.

There is also a bonus with Anasta in the halves and that is we can play a bigger forward pack. Anasta, Fulton and Blair in the back row aren't exactly going to go great for us if we need metres especially at the start of our set.

I think it is worth a shot. If it doesn't work there is Miller, Moltzen and Siro.

hunters

Juniors
Out of all the lists so far this is my favourite. I would put Utai over Nofoaluma untill he gets injured (which he will within 3-4 games) then give Nofoaluma the shot at FG.

Does anyone else realise that if our team is similar to below WE WILL HAVE FOUR ESTABLISHED KICKERS ON THE FIELD AT ONCE.
Miller - best kicker for 2012 Premiership Toyota Cup team
Marshall - best kicker for Tigers (not brilliant this year but was Golden Boot 2010 and up there 2011)
Anasta - best kicker for Roosters after Carney left and has always had a solid kicking game
Farah - by far the best kicker for NSW Origin this year and has solid dummy half kicking game
I'm assuming you're kidding here. You do realise the Golden Boot award has little to do with kicking right?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
1. Tedesco
2. Koroibete
3. Nofoaluma
4. Lawrence
5. Tuqiri
6. Marshall
7. Miller
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Fulton
12. Blair
13. Anasta

14. Utai
15. BMM
16. Pettybourne
17. Thompson/Bell

Clifferd

Coach
1. Tedesco
2. Koroibete
3. Nofoaluma
4. Lawrence
5. Tuqiri
6. Marshall
7. Miller
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Fulton
12. Blair
13. Anasta

14. Utai
15. BMM
16. Pettybourne
17. Thompson/Bell

Nice looking side, I wouldn't complain with that. Blair really needs to step up massively though..

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. Tim Moltzen
2. Michael Fish
3.Dennis Bendall
4. Wayne Wigham
5. Paul Cross
6. Les Mara
7. Peter Duffy
8. Neil Pringle
9. Trevor Ryan
10. Greg Bandiera
11. Dennis Manteit
12. Noel Maybury
13. Keith Cook.
You have to find a place for Michael Pobjie, John Mulvihill and Damien McGarry

TYGA

Juniors
There is no option but Miller he has to be there if he sinks so be it but there is no choice.
take it as gospel he doesn't fire we wont make the 8 again.

The worry with Blair and Anasta in the pack is that they both stand back and allow others to do the hard yards,Fulton is in for a busy year if these pair get the nod to join him in the back row.

Tiger05

First Grade
The worry with Blair and Anasta in the pack is that they both stand back and allow others to do the hard yards,Fulton is in for a busy year if these pair get the nod to join him in the back row.

Correct. To add to that Fulton isn't a great player to get you going from our end of the field.

I am concerned about that backrow - it lacks impact and workrate. It might be the safe backrow to choose but I think we need better.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
I am so heartened by Potter saying we need to run with more vigour. Every other team's forwards have players that run the ball back hard. We have 1 or 2 players who do and the rest who are so obviously coached next to. Anasta was one of sheens' most brain dead of many brain dead decisions

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Correct. To add to that Fulton isn't a great player to get you going from our end of the field.

I am concerned about that backrow - it lacks impact and workrate. It might be the safe backrow to choose but I think we need better.

I agree, the backrow is a real issue and Anasta was really not needed, now we are stuck with him for two years.

My hope is that Potter can get Blair to pull his socks up. Unless someone comes up straight from 20s and kills it, that's the best we are going to get, I'm afraid.

Latest posts