What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Raiders?

Cryptic

Juniors
Our marker defence has been the worst part all season... And it showed against a team with nothing going for it except runs from dummy half (Souths).

McCrone to be made into a hooker is the big change I think has to happen this off season... We NEED another kicker out there...

Dugan
Earl
Ferguson
Croker
Robinson/Wighton
Campese
Williams
Shillington
McCrone
White
Thompson
Papalii
Fensom

Berrigan
Tilse
TLL
Nicholls/Picker/Mataora/Kennedy/Buttriss

1. Dugan
2. Earl
3. Croker
4. Ferguson
5. Robinson
6. Campese
7. Williams
8. Shillington
9. McCrone
10. Tilse
11. Papalii
12. Thompson
13. Fensom

14. Berrigan
15. Edwards
16. Learoyd-Lahrs
17. White

18. Wighton
19. Buttriss
20. Picker
21. Nicholls
22. Thurling
23. McIlwrick
24. Lee
25. Mataora

If Berrigan doesn't continue on, I will have no qualms in pushing McCrone to the bench with Buttriss or McIlwrick taking the position in the starting side. I agree Cryptic regarding the need to have McCrone in at #9. Give us another kicking option and will pave the way for Williams to become a regular in the side. If Campese goes down again we can now be confident that Williams-McCrone in the halves will do the trick. As much as I want to see Wighton in the side, I just can't right now. He will become a star for us, I've got no doubt. However, based on the form of Robbo and Earl this season you cannot drop either. I'm sure eventually one of those players will make way for Wighton, but not for Round 1, 2013. We will also have Kennedy, Foster and Pelo who are not in the top 25, yet can definitely slot in if required.

Berro has said he is not retiring ( recent article ) , but I dont see great value in him taking up a bench spot next year.

I would like to see McCrone come off the bench as the dummy half replacement but could also be there for the halves if need be

shear_joy9

Coach
Our marker defence has been the worst part all season... And it showed against a team with nothing going for it except runs from dummy half (Souths).

McCrone to be made into a hooker is the big change I think has to happen this off season... We NEED another kicker out there...

mccrone's defence isn't good enough for him to play hooker.

with regards to the prop forwards, I'd have Ioane and boyd ahead of mataora and possibly tll. TLL has been a huge disappointment. He's either injured or out of form and is a liability in defence.

legend

Coach
I think Wighton definitely starts but I'm not sure who he will replace on the wing. I think Earl has the edge over Robinson at the moment.

skeepe

Immortal
Edwards doesn't make top 17 for me, barely top 25. f**k me dead, what a useless signing.

legend

Coach
mccrone's defence isn't good enough for him to play hooker.

with regards to the prop forwards, I'd have Ioane and boyd ahead of mataora and possibly tll. TLL has been a huge disappointment. He's either injured or out of form and is a liability in defence.

I agree on TLL. I'd be happy if the club let him walk tbh. Has been a liability for a while now. Missed his first tackle on Saturday night and doesn't bend the line like he used to.

Flicked!

Cryptic

Juniors
McCrone's defence is at the same level if not better than Buttriss/Waddell/Berrigan or any other option at hooker... He actually has been good in defence for over a year now... And again that would be the point of bulking up a bit in the off season as it's more the frame you would need in the middle of the field. He will also have more support there as most of his "mistackles" are when he goes for someone one on one, slows them down, but due to being out on the sides doesn't have the support to keep them.

shear_joy9

Coach
McCrone's defence is at the same level if not better than Buttriss/Waddell/Berrigan

:lol:
what a load of bullshit.

Buttriss and Berrigan are two of the best defenders at the club. Mccrone is only marginally better than sam williams. Did you see some of his attempts against souths? It was embarrassing.