What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Trials

broncos2010

Juniors
Looks like travis has got a contract with knights after all.

Guessing he probably got one after buderiss went down.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Trials are a waste of time. It is for young blokes to show the coach what they have got. No first graders guaranteed of their spot should go anywhere near them. A first grader worth a pinch of shit does not need a trial to get their game on. The lack of enthusiasm by regulars in trials says it all.

Trials are a necessary evil unfortunately as injuries can happen, but they also offer benefits that you seem to be overlooking. One of the main benefits that they offer is that they help players get their timing right in a match situation. But I feel the main reason they are off benefit, is that they help condition the body to be ready for NRL footy. I read an article on Will Hopoate. It said after 2 years out, it could take up to 12 months before his body is able to cope with the pain dished out in the NRL. Trials obviously help condition players, otherwise coaches like Bennett and Hasler would rap their stars in cotton wool.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Looks like travis has got a contract with knights after all.

Guessing he probably got one after buderiss went down.

He's been offered to trial with the club but has not been offered an actual contract yet mate

Stick to posting about how fantastic the Broncos will be and how Peter Wallace is a Broncos jnr

Big man

Juniors
The trial should be fairly even given that Souths have out J Lima, L Burgess, M King , D Farrell and B Champion to name a few. I think the knights have a few names missing as well.

Great yard stick challenge for the forward pack. They have Lima as well. A massive pack. Hopefully they can hold territory against them. Those Burgess boys can play.

slotmachine

First Grade
The trial should be fairly even given that Souths have out J Lima, L Burgess, M King , D Farrell and B Champion to name a few. I think the knights have a few names missing as well.

Matt King won't be playing this season and might be going to retire.
Champion is on the bench.

Frederick

Staff member
Knights finalise team for trial
15-2-13 at 12:26 PM
knights news source
Coach Wayne Bennett has named his starting thirteen for Saturday night's trial match against South Sydney at Coffs Harbour's BCU International Stadium.
Bennett is taking a squad of 30 to Coffs Harbour and will play two different sides per half.
"Ideally everyone will play on Saturday in Coffs Harbour," Bennett told Knights Insider's this week.
"We have picked two teams and have four players on the bench for this game."
FIRST HALF:
1. Darius Boyd
2. Kevin Naiqama
3. Dane Gagai
4. Timana Tahu
5. Aku Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Kurt Gidley (c)
8. Kade Snowden
9. Matt Hilder
10. Willie Mason
11. Beau Scott
12. Chris Houston
13. Jeremy Smith
Interchange:
14. Travis Waddell
15. Korbin Sims
16. Mitchell Frei
17. Neville Costigan
SECOND HALF:
1. Peter Mata'utia
2. Chanel Mata'utia
3. Marvin Filipo
4. Anthony Quinn
5. Pat Mata'utia
6. Will Smith
7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Adam Cuthbertson
9. Chris Adams
10. Zane Tetevano
11. Robbie Rochow
12. Alex McKinnon
13. David Fa'alogo
Interchange:
14. Travis Waddell
15. Korbin Sims
16. Mitchell Frei
17. Neville Costigan
With the 2013 season kick off less than a month away, Saturday's match provides a great chance for the players to gain match fitness after a long pre-season.
"We are looking at the trial as a little bit about player's positions and we are also looking at getting some practice behind us; we need a little bit of conditioning to start the season off," the coach added.
Knights v South Sydney
Date: Saturday February 16
Kick off: 7pm
Venue: BCU International Stadium.
LINK

Rolla

Juniors
If Bedsy wasn't injured and wore the number 9 that would be the starting 13 I would chose for this season.
Strong side!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
So with the exception of McManus the "first half" side might be close to the Round 1 side?

Big man

Juniors
Matt King won't be playing this season and might be going to retire.
Champion is on the bench.

King won't be retiring and champion is carrying an injury otherwise he would be playing in McQueens position at left centre, McQueen is a second rower. I hope both sides play well tonight and there are no injuries for both clubs, that's the most important result from tonight. As a Souths supporter for many years, I have an appreciation and admiration for knights supporters and generally the Newcastle region, when we were at our lowest ebb after being kicked out in 2000, it was only Newcastle supporters who came down in bus loads to march the streets for our cause, I personally will never forget those deeds.

Last edited:

Rolla

Juniors
So with the exception of McManus the "first half" side might be close to the Round 1 side?

You are probably right, though Kev might hold his spot depending on how the off season has gone as it was a coin toss last year.

Also the bench might be re-worked (though hopefully Frei and Sims have really impressed in pre-season). Likely that one or both of Cuthbo and Tets will swap with Sims and Frei.

doggone

Juniors
Anyone going to the trials, can you keep us posted. Souths have a strong side, interested to hear how this game pans out.

Latest posts