What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Trials

CJG 182

Juniors
So wherrrre can we get stats for games and trials now that NRL stats had gone weird. Also.. What happened to NRL stats?!

Johns Magic

Referee
What happened to NRL stats?!

I think you now have to pay to see their stats basically.

Glad Waddell didn't score a contract with us. Would much rather have Hilder do the job until Bedsy comes back.

Who are the off-contract hookers this year in the NRL? I'd imagine that's where our main recruitment focus will be.

Johns Magic

Referee
Looks like the hookers off-contract(according to ZeroTackle who can be questionable) are Chris Adams, Kurt Baptiste, Shaun Berrigan, Dean Blackman, Danny Buderus, Glen Buttriss, Damien Cook, Alex Elisala, Beau Falloon, Robbie Farah, Jake Granville, Masada Iosefa, Matt Keating, Kevin Kingston, Apisai Koroisau, Kayne Lawton, Anthony Mitchell, John Morris, Nathan Peats, Pat Politoni, Chad Redman, Mitch Rein, Josh Reynolds, Nafe Seluini, Nathan Smith

Of that list, the ones that interest me even slightly are Baptiste, Falloon, Granville, Kingston, Mitchell, Peats, and Rein.

I have discounted Farah and Reynolds who quite frankly are not realistic. Falloon, Granville and Mitchell would only interest me as bench options if we were to go down the path of having an impact hooker.

Kingston may have a good couple of years in him after this. I would prefer to get a good up-and-comer of course but if we have to get him to plug a hole for a couple of years while we wait for our next hooker I could live with that.

Rein, Baptiste and Peats are all good up-and-coming hookers though, and none of them look like being 80 minute players at their clubs this year or down the track.

The Dragons will have to make a choice between Rein and King sooner or later, and if they don't it will hold Rein back from rep duties IMO. He is too good to be playing 50 minutes a game.

McCullough will be the Broncos 9 for the next decade...it would be lunacy for Baptiste to stay there beyond his current contract.

Peats is probably not a future rep standard hooker in my opinion but he will be a good solid first-grader. I like his energy but he is stuck behind Isaac Luke.

There are options out there, hopefully we can snare someone.

Farah's contract will be pretty big this time around so we would need to pull some huge 3rd party deals to get him. He would make us an exceptional side IMO. We can only wait and see.

Serc

First Grade
So wherrrre can we get stats for games and trials now that NRL stats had gone weird.

http://www.thescore.com.au/nrl/

However while the website template seems very similar to nrlstats (and gives the impression its just moved to a new web address)...the quality of stats seems to be a little off. Though I have only watched 1 game so far and compared to the stats - that being the Charity Shield last night with GI's try and line break assists well off the mark on their final count.

Spot On

Coach
Looks like the hookers off-contract(according to ZeroTackle who can be questionable) are Chris Adams, Kurt Baptiste, Shaun Berrigan, Dean Blackman, Danny Buderus, Glen Buttriss, Damien Cook, Alex Elisala, Beau Falloon, Robbie Farah, Jake Granville, Masada Iosefa, Matt Keating, Kevin Kingston, Apisai Koroisau, Kayne Lawton, Anthony Mitchell, John Morris, Nathan Peats, Pat Politoni, Chad Redman, Mitch Rein, Josh Reynolds, Nafe Seluini, Nathan Smith

Of that list, the ones that interest me even slightly are Baptiste, Falloon, Granville, Kingston, Mitchell, Peats, and Rein.

I have discounted Farah and Reynolds who quite frankly are not realistic. Falloon, Granville and Mitchell would only interest me as bench options if we were to go down the path of having an impact hooker.

Kingston may have a good couple of years in him after this. I would prefer to get a good up-and-comer of course but if we have to get him to plug a hole for a couple of years while we wait for our next hooker I could live with that.

Rein, Baptiste and Peats are all good up-and-coming hookers though, and none of them look like being 80 minute players at their clubs this year or down the track.

The Dragons will have to make a choice between Rein and King sooner or later, and if they don't it will hold Rein back from rep duties IMO. He is too good to be playing 50 minutes a game.

McCullough will be the Broncos 9 for the next decade...it would be lunacy for Baptiste to stay there beyond his current contract.

Peats is probably not a future rep standard hooker in my opinion but he will be a good solid first-grader. I like his energy but he is stuck behind Isaac Luke.

There are options out there, hopefully we can snare someone.

Excellent work. I agree with everything you have said with the exception of McCullogh. Not sold on him having the 9 for very long.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
13 minutes gone 0-0. Then the lights went out and they've had about 15 mins or so doing warm-ups!

cram

Bench
Knights scored...gidley apparently put Boyd into a hole and naiqama scores gidley converts....uate scores no conversion 10-0

Burwood

Bench
Looks like Mullen is utilising a bit of a short kicking game and Boyd is linking well with the outside backs.

Frederick

Staff member
Beau Scott back sitting on the bench just after half time. No report on any injury yet...

Jono078

Referee
So in both first halves of our trials we haven't conceded a try with and against predominantly first choice players. Very encouraging.

Starting team owned them according to my Good mate who has been to both trials. They only did anything once our main side was subbed. Cannot wait for this year.

Latest posts