What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014/15 Premier League

Jack_Napier

Staff member
At this stage of the window it's Chelsea but last seasons champions haven't even started with their squad improvement, arsenal have strengthened, who knows with us(LFC), Man Yoo or the Spuds. Until I see what City do I'll hold off making a solid prediction.

Jason Maher

Immortal
BM paying more attention to United's recruitment than his own team's. A bit worried about 4th place, are we? ;-)

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
At this stage of the window it's Chelsea but last seasons champions haven't even started with their squad improvement, arsenal have strengthened, who knows with us(LFC), Man Yoo or the Spuds. Until I see what City do I'll hold off making a solid prediction.

City have already added a few players to strengthen their squad for the coming season:

Fernando - Means more depth in CDM/CM and even the ability to play all three in an area that was a slight problem for us when Toure was injured last season.

Sagna - Finally the back up that has been needed for Zaba.

Willy Caballero - IMO a better back up keeper than Pantillimon.

Mangala / Benatia - one of these guys will come to sure up our lack of depth at CB (looking like Mangala).

There aren't going to be any massively high profile signings but, overall, our squad will be stronger and have more depth.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
That would make us the only team in the EPL with no transfers at this stage. And Yahaya doesn't count as he can only sign a pre-contract agreement at 17.

Bit different to last year.

BunniesMan

Immortal
MUFC have lost as many players as they've gained. Along with Spurs they've had the worst summer of the teams with a chance for the top 4.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Chelsea would have to be favourites.

Fabregas and Costa are immense additions to a team that was so close to the title last year. And Filipe Luis is arguably the best left back in the world... what a brilliant signing.

Courtois is also the best keeper in the world imo and much better than Cech (who is pretty good himself).

If they can add another combative midfielder in the mould of Sami Khedira as well as another quality centre back then they could streak the field.

Arsenal are the smokie. Sanchez is world class and he'll rip the EPL to shreds. If the likes of Ramsey and Wilshere stay fit then they too are only a centre back, right back and a Khedira type mid away from a serious challenge.

Both are top 4 certainties imo. Man City would want to defend the title better than they did last time. A couple of quality fresh faces is essential to that.

Jason Maher

Immortal
MUFC have lost as many players as they've gained. Along with Spurs they've had the worst summer of the teams with a chance for the top 4.

You'll see more players heading out the door yet. We don't need a big squad this year, not having any European commitments. Perfect opportunity to get rid of some of our useless players.

Mong

Post Whore
I'm almost willing to bet that Costa will flop big time

It's certainly going to be a different style he will need to adapt to in order to get his goals. I haven't seen anything to suggest he isn't good enough to adapt and be a success..

Unless they manage to do a Torres with him as well..

Jimbo

Immortal
Possibly not

He should still be able to put a few past Arsenal though

And even if he doesn't, Didier might be coming back to haunt you again

Big Sam

First Grade
53ca3d6aa9ec9.png

saint.nick

Coach
Sam, you know that Jimbo or Haffa will just come back at you with a Liverpool shirt that has the Southampton crest...

WireMan

Bench
We're anything but flush with cash. We should be, but we've still got the crippling debt hanging over our heads. Another couple of years missing out on CL money and we'll be in deep shit, even with our massive international fanbase.

Our interest payments are down to around 20 million a year.

Also forget Adidas that is funding next summer, think Chevrolet. That is this a years big deal.

We will be getting 120 million a year of those 2 deals alone next year. Then throw in the rest. Finally throw in match day revenue and we will be alright. ;-)

If you keep posting this kind of thing, we may even start to think you really believe this.

Maybe.

Latest posts