What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Ballon d'Or Awards

Big Sam

First Grade
FIFAPro XI Team of the year:
Manuel Neuer; Philip Lahm, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Sergio Ramos; Angel di Maria, Toni Kroos, Andres Iniesta; Arjen Robben, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo.

(Picking those Brazilian centre halves has to be the biggest joke ever even by FIFA's standards. Did the 20,000 "pros" who voted watch the WC with a blindfold on? Where's Diego Godin?)

Coach of the year:
Joachim Lowe

(Had to be really. Any other year and it would have been Simeone though)

Women's player of the year:
Nadine Kessler (Germany)

Goal of the year (Puskas award):
James Rodriguez v Uruguay

(Should've been Timmy - even if he wasn't nominated ;-) )

2014 FIFA Ballon d'Or:

Cristiano Ronaldo

(The first WC year since 1978 in which the Ballon d'Or winner did not make the KO stage of that year's WC)

Haffa

Well deserved by Ronaldo by far the best player of the year.

David Luiz in the FIFAPro team of the year after being 4th Choice CB and 3rd Choice DM for Chelsea for half of year, conceding 7 goals in a WC semi and not looking much better in the inferior french league. Seems legit.

Haffa

B7LOMmsCYAAymE_.png

Jimbo

Immortal
David Luiz in the FIFAPro team of the year after being 4th Choice CB and 3rd Choice DM for Chelsea for half of year, conceding 7 goals in a WC semi and not looking much better in the inferior french league. Seems legit.

This just shows how wrong Josè was to let him go for only fifty million

He's lost it. I'm so embarrassed...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Without Silva, Luiz doesn't get a gig imo.

I think he gets a gig based on his games for Brazil moreso than PSG.

Haffa

As bad as the Luiz selection is, Iniesta is, by far, the most ridiculous choice this year. Guy is a total myth since 2012. One good game, 10 irrelevant ones…

Big Sam

First Grade
Holy shit that Ronaldo yell was odd...

Thierry's reaction said plenty, namely "how has this clown won two of these without getting to a WC quarter final when I have none despite winning a WC and making the final in another".

saint.nick

Coach
Thierry's reaction said plenty, namely "how has this clown won two of these without getting to a WC quarter final when I have none despite winning a WC and making the final in another".

I'm gonna have to disagree. It's not Ronaldo's fault that Portugal are relatively shit.