What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Ballon d'Or Awards

Big Sam

First Grade
The Ballon dor has basically become the Golden boot.
Spot on. Give it back to France Football when it had some credibility as an award.
I'm gonna have to disagree. It's not Ronaldo's fault that Portugal are relatively shit.
At the last few tournaments he's had teammates who play at clubs like Real Madrid, Manchester United, Porto and Benfica.

No excuses. The Dutch were weaker than Portugal going into Brazil but Robben just got on with it.
This.

Messi rocks up in another circus suit and Sam creams his pants.

This is where your theory falls down because Neuer 100% deserved it and I was saying it months ago.

Haffa

This is where your theory falls down because Neuer 100% deserved it and I was saying it months ago.

Did I say you wanted the Tax dodger to win? Your blind hatred of everything ronaldo does clouds any opinion you offer.

Big Sam

First Grade
Did I say you wanted the Tax dodger to win? Your blind hatred of everything ronaldo does clouds any opinion you offer.

You said I ejaculated when he turned up at the ceremony. If that doesn't imply you think I wanted him to win then what does?

There is no blind hatred of Ronaldo. I just think he's thoroughly overrated. It's great scoring a million goals against the might of Almeria and Córdoba but when it comes to big games he more often then not goes missing.

Last edited:

Big Sam

First Grade
World Cups should count for a lot in Ballon d'Or years and as I said above, this was the first World Cup year since 1978 in which the Ballon d'Or winner did not progress to the knockout stage.

That time it was Kevin Keegan and England didn't even qualify.

saint.nick

Coach
Spot on. Give it back to France Football when it had some credibility as an award.

At the last few tournaments he's had teammates who play at clubs like Real Madrid, Manchester United, Porto and Benfica.

No excuses. The Dutch were weaker than Portugal going into Brazil but Robben just got on with it.

Ronaldo was obviously carrying an injury...he's also the only reason why they were even in the world cup finals.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Obviously the dude can play...

But he would drink his own bathwater.

Messi strikes me as a reasonably humble fellow.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
What in the f**k was Messi wearing??? Doesn't deserve the award just for that f**king dreadful suit. A slight upgrade on last years Beetroot effort tho, even if it is only a slight change.

Luiz making the team of the year is mind boggling. Apparently all you have to have is crazy hair and wacky personality and you're a shoe in. You'd be more confident with Martin f**king Skrtel at the back than sideshow bob.

Neuer was never going to win unfortunately. As if they were ever going to award to a keeper over the Ronnie and Messi show.

ggmu

Juniors
Obviously the dude can play...

But he would drink his own bathwater.

Messi strikes me as a reasonably humble fellow.

Messi strikes me as someone who wants to be seen as a nice guy but is a massive prick , and a tax dodger. At least Ronaldo is straight up with who he is. He is a douche but he isn't gonna pretend he is anything else.

Haffa

He's spent the last month throwing Luis Enrique under the bus in order to gain more power over his club. One day saying he's staying next day saying he doesn't know where he will be playing next year. Not showing up to training, following Chelsea on Instagram to create a fear that he might leave, forcing them to give him more control. But yeah, he's a nice guy...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Ballon d'Or is an individual award, not a team award.

I dont get your logic there Sam

Big Sam

First Grade
The Ballon d'Or is an individual award, not a team award.

I dont get your logic there Sam

So are you saying that scoring a ton of goals against weak teams is more important than being an integral part of your country making a World Cup final?

WireMan

Bench
So are you saying that scoring a ton of goals against weak teams is more important than being an integral part of your country making a World Cup final?

So you finally caught up with how rubbish la liga is.

Good man... ;-)

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Messi strikes me as someone who wants to be seen as a nice guy but is a massive prick , and a tax dodger. At least Ronaldo is straight up with who he is. He is a douche but he isn't gonna pretend he is anything else.

This is spot on if what ive read of messi is true. Alexis Sanchez had a hell of a time at the Bou Camp thanks to one Messi. All show he is apparently and a real piece of work behind the scenes.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

No

I'm simply saying its an individual award rather than a team award so I dont get the relevance of the team's success .

By your logic, if someone plays for team Bumf**k, he has no right to be the best player in the world.

Jimbo

Immortal
By your logic, if someone plays for team Bumf**k, he has no right to be the best player in the world.

If the best player in the world was playing for a team in the lower leagues, either he or they wouldn't be there for long...

Latest posts