What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellteam

First Grade
Numbering on Tigers jerseys

28a6psg.jpg

This is interesting. I've noticed about half the teams wearing this style number in the trials.

While I support the move to a standardised font for all teams, it will look strange if only half have it. Plus I'm not sure I'm that keen on the font.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Numbering on Tigers jerseys

28a6psg.jpg

Make the orange line (between the number and the white outline) black and it would be perfect IMO.

I do like the font though; the feel is a combination of retro and a clean-minimalist look. (kind of reminds me of the Sunkist logo though)

Last edited:

stevenwbird

Juniors
It was a while back (maybe 2000), the Broncos turned up to Penny Park in an Aqua coloured strip. Socks, shorts, the full kit. Something to do with a sponsor's corporate colour (Ergon?)
Anyway, they looked like a bunch of bridesmaids.

If my memory serves me right wasnt that the game where Tallis gave Ben Ross a hiding?

GAZF

First Grade
I do like the font though; the feel is a combination of retro and a clean-minimalist look. (kind of reminds me of the Sunkist logo though)

The primary purpose of numbers is clear identification. If they are to be that small, they need to be clearer. Much prefer a block font.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The primary purpose of numbers is clear identification. If they are to be that small, they need to be clearer.

Thats exactly why i would like to see them change that orange line to black. Contrast would be much more effective than size, and what contrasts better than black and white??

Much prefer a block font.

Me too; F*cking love the block.

But i would imagine, if the NRL were to standardise the numbers, they would go for something distinct. Block numbers scream American Football. However, this as far as i can tell has never been used, let alone popularised.

Last edited:

Tom Shines

First Grade

Right, this shit is getting out of hand.

I like it.

The idea isn't bad and the implementation of the idea is certainly very well done.

It actually looks like the shirt it represents ? not like most of the heritage jerseys that are said to be a homage to a certain shirt yet looks nothing like it.

sheepbender

Juniors
I love new jersey designs, so I dont get quite as hyped positively or negatively about them as most of you do. Some are average, some are well done, but at the end of the day, you'll support your club through n through no matter what, and you dont have to buy the bloody thing if you dont want too.. Clubs arent cashed up, so getting money where they can is a good idea.

Anyway I like the idea and the execution of the Hi-Vis jersey, its done well. But the first thing I thought of when I saw it was how well the Orange and Navy go together, gives some idea of how a Brisbane Bombers away jersey could look..

bobmar28

Bench
This is interesting. I've noticed about half the teams wearing this style number in the trials.

While I support the move to a standardised font for all teams, it will look strange if only half have it. Plus I'm not sure I'm that keen on the font.

Makes it look like a soccer jersey. They should change to block font.

Last edited:

gzerounian

Juniors
The Panthers would never allow the sponsor to influence the jersey design :D

I know I have posted this on another thread before, but it is relevant to this discussion.
Its about time that sponsors begin to bow down to clubs and not vice-versa. If they keep defacing jerseys then their sponsorship will have the opposite effect (im thinking Broncos "WOW" jersey before NRMA)

Sponsors also need to be smart and maybe find teams that suit their brand/colours..for example:

2lk8ohy.jpg

gzerounian

Juniors
not hard to fix but I think they are too cartoon like. They should use the same font that the words NRL are in on the logo for some uniformity.

3304vpw.jpg

I know I have posted this on another thread before, but it is relevant to this discussion.
Its about time that sponsors begin to bow down to clubs and not vice-versa. If they keep defacing jerseys then their sponsorship will have the opposite effect (im thinking Broncos "WOW" jersey before NRMA)

Sponsors also need to be smart and maybe find teams that suit their brand/colours..for example:

2lk8ohy.jpg

Warriors one looks great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts