What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulmac

Juniors
Make that Castleford jerseys V a bit deeper and change the yellow to orange and you would have the ideal Wests Tigers jersey.

_Johnsy

Referee
Cas looks like what a tradie would wear. Horrible shade of yellow.

Don't you mean this
VPMS.jpg

The labourers uniform

Perfect for the Tigers fans ;-)

kdalymc

Bench
Umm maybe if you go to tafe.
I'm pretty sure any tradie that wears that orange would get punched.
Fluro yellow ftw

Lambretta

First Grade
I like that CAS jersey - much better than the council worker rubbish the Wests Tigers had last year. Thank god the WT have got their shit sorted this year

The Manly heritage jersey is the bomb. Wicked design. Well done Manly and ISC

Well done to Newcastle. Their kits over the past couple of seasons have been the best they've had in years. The WIL version is understated and elegant, not too far from their normal jersey and it nails the brief of being distinctly WIL.

While I'm on the subject of well done - are we entering into a golden age of kit design at the moment? The Roosters kit for 2012 was awesome. Parra have gotten great designs this year, the Tigers have improved, Newcastle are doing great. Manly now have a fantastic kit. The Titans have their first ever great jersey.

Does anyone get the feeling that the clubs are starting to pay attention to feedback from the fans? Could the designers actually be reading this thread?

beave

Coach
Perhaps mate.....

But then one look at both broncos abominations would make you think otherwise....

kdalymc

Bench
Also overshadowed by shit collars, too many sponsors, poor sponsor placement, shit jerseys made to suit sponsor (storm), too many blue (and blue and yellow jerseys), jerseys painted on, Manly, nth qld and canbera pathetic vee... Etc etc

Saint Doc

Coach
I like that CAS jersey - much better than the council worker rubbish the Wests Tigers had last year. Thank god the WT have got their shit sorted this year

The Manly heritage jersey is the bomb. Wicked design. Well done Manly and ISC

Well done to Newcastle. Their kits over the past couple of seasons have been the best they've had in years. The WIL version is understated and elegant, not too far from their normal jersey and it nails the brief of being distinctly WIL.

While I'm on the subject of well done - are we entering into a golden age of kit design at the moment?

I rate 15/16 as very good or excellent

Canterbury: huge improvement in 2012. Pretty much perfect
Eels: always good except 2012 away, but excellent 2013's. very nice
Penrith: home kit and new pink away excellent
Manly: H&A both solid, wowser of a heritage
Newcastle: both brilliant
Saints: traditional iconic home V, solid but slightly modern new away
Souths: traditional, up there with the best
Roosters: perfect home/away/heritage
Titans: praise The Lord, they're a RL Football club now. Great
Wests: best ever in their history by a billion miles
Sharks: home is outstanding. Do they have an alt?
Canberra: good. Can't really complain at all. Hopefully plain line will return as heritage
Cowboys: I think their best since their pre-SL jerseys
Warriors: home/away/retro are beautiful.
Storm: 200% improved in 2012. More navy is winning.

Broncos: fail fail fail.

Son of Minto

Bench
Also overshadowed by shit collars, too many sponsors, poor sponsor placement, shit jerseys made to suit sponsor (storm), too many blue (and blue and yellow jerseys), jerseys painted on, Manly, nth qld and canbera pathetic vee... Etc etc

Lol, some of these are laughable and others downright dumb (ie collars, tight jerseys). Its not the f**king 80s anymore. Move on you dolt. NRL jerseys are better than they have been in years.

some11

Referee
Broncos: fail fail fail.

Yep, dropped the ball big time, everything about our jerseys is fail.

Mismatched home/away one with a blunt two-tone slant the other with a gradient and MASSIVE white box around the NRMA logo. The WOW jerseys were the pinnacle of terrible sponsorship integration and it looks like NRMA are trying to top them with the away jersey.

GAZF's designs are spot on, stripes need to make a comeback and side panels can get f**ked, also when your 20's jersey looks better than your NRL jersey you're in trouble.

Lambretta

First Grade
I actually think they have all gone too far with the whole pink thing

On that subject I think some do it better than others

The Roosters replaced the red stripes with pink ones on their away kit
It was simple, it kept in line with what they had already and it didn't scream of gaudy tackiness

Same with St George and Newcastle. St George just replaced the red V with a pink one and Newcastle the red stripes with pink ones. Well done.

It's all well and good to replace red with pink - they're similar and it's simple. But what if you don't have red in your jersey? Well the other year, Manly replaced the thin white stripes with pink ones. The jersey was still predominantly maroon, so they were obviously Manly jerseys but they were also obviously WIL jerseys without destroying the jersey design altogether or creating some ugly one off abomination that had nothing to do with the clubs normal colours. A case of less is more.

Another good idea was to tone down the pink - as the Storm did with their hoop design last season.

The only club that has gone away from their normal colours and got it right is the Panthers and that's because they're Pink Panthers. A clever little ploy and very well done.

The Cowboys, Sharks, Parramatta, Titans, Tigers and Broncos have all managed to balls it up in the past.

brock0brien

Juniors
Seeing as no one has mentioned it, the Titans officially revealed their 2014 jerseys today, by having Ashley Harrison, Aidan Sezer and William Zillman skydive onto Surfers Paradise wearing the new jerseys. I can't link or attach images as I am a new member, but to view the jerseys go to the Titans website and Titans team store. Personally, I think the home jersey is great, while the away jersey is good but is kind of ruined by the dark blue/black.

Trentosaurus

Juniors
Titans fans are savaging the new jersey on Facebook and saying last year's design was better.

If you want to know why the Titans aren't successful off the field, it's because the average IQ of the Gold Coast is potato. They're doomed because of their moronic and fickle fan base.

brock0brien

Juniors
Titans fans are savaging the new jersey on Facebook and saying last year's design was better.

If you want to know why the Titans aren't successful off the field, it's because the average IQ of the Gold Coast is potato. They're doomed because of their moronic and fickle fan base.

I agree. It's very unfortunate for real rugby league and Titans fans such as myself that the Gold Coast is a city where most people aren't loyal to their team and the second that the team starts to play badly, a majority of the "fans" will turn on them and start making insults like this. Unfortunately it appears that the Titans won't get a real, loyal fan base on the Gold Coast until they become a consistent top 8 team like the Storm or Sea Eagles :x .

On that subject I think some do it better than others

The Roosters replaced the red stripes with pink ones on their away kit
It was simple, it kept in line with what they had already and it didn't scream of gaudy tackiness

Same with St George and Newcastle. St George just replaced the red V with a pink one and Newcastle the red stripes with pink ones. Well done.

It's all well and good to replace red with pink - they're similar and it's simple. But what if you don't have red in your jersey? Well the other year, Manly replaced the thin white stripes with pink ones. The jersey was still predominantly maroon, so they were obviously Manly jerseys but they were also obviously WIL jerseys without destroying the jersey design altogether or creating some ugly one off abomination that had nothing to do with the clubs normal colours. A case of less is more.

Another good idea was to tone down the pink - as the Storm did with their hoop design last season.

The only club that has gone away from their normal colours and got it right is the Panthers and that's because they're Pink Panthers. A clever little ploy and very well done.

The Cowboys, Sharks, Parramatta, Titans, Tigers and Broncos have all managed to balls it up in the past.

I don't know why Souths have never done a pink and green strip for WIL. Seriously...would give me a reason to buy the missus an XXXS Souths jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.