What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Teams.

There's probably been threads about this before but anyway... What do you think your team's best 17 is for next year and where they will finish at the end of the regular season? (also top tryscorer and/or point scorer if you're as bored as me) lol

1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus
3. Joey Leilua
4. Dane Gagai
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen (c)
7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Kade Snowden
9. Kurt Gidley
10. Willie Mason
11. Robbie Rochow
12. Beau Scott
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Michael Dobson/Adam Clydesdale
15.Chris Houston
16. Adam Cuthbetson/ David Fa'alogo
17. Alex Mckinnon

Finishes: 6th

Top tryscorer: Dane Gagai
Top pointscorer: Kurt Gidley

brock0brien

Juniors
Titans
1. David Mead
2. Kevin Gordon
3. Maurice Blair
4. Jamal Idris
5. Will Zillman
6. Aidan Sezer
7. Albert Kelly
8. Ryan James
9. Beau Falloon/Matt Srama
10. Nate Myles
11. Greg Bird
12. Dave Taylor
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Matt Srama/Beau Falloon
15. Luke Douglas
16. Mark Minichello/Ben Ridge
17. Brad Takairangi/Kalifa Fai Fai Loa

Finish: Anywhere between 5-8

Top Try Scorer- Kevin Gordon/David Mead
Top Point Scorer- Aidan Sezer

anjado

Juniors
Penrith Panthers

1. Matt Moylan
2. Josh Mansour
3. Lewis Brown
4. Dean Whare
5. David Simmons
6. Jamie Soward
7. Peter Wallace
8. Sam McKendry
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Tim Grant
11. Sika Manu
12. Elijah Taylor
13. Adam Docker

14. James Segeyaro
15. Brent Kite
16. Nigel Plum
17. Tyrone Peachey

Finish: Anywhere between 4-10

Top Try Scorer- David Simmons
Top Point Scorer- Jamie Soward

We have a massive squad we should do well this season anything less than a semi final appearance will be a massive disappointment.

innsaneink

Referee
Early for supercoach research

Tedesco
Richards TPS
Simona TTS
Lawrence
Nofoaluma
Anasta (Moltzen gone - preferably Austin)
Brooks
Woods
Farah
Blair
Paterson
Fulton
Jesse Sue

Galloway
Nathan Brown
Ava Seumanafagai
Halatau

Ladder - 8th - 11th

Frederick

Staff member
Penrith Panthers

1. Matt Moylan
2. Josh Mansour
3. Lewis Brown
4. Dean Whare
5. David Simmons
6. Jamie Soward
7. Peter Wallace
8. Sam McKendry
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Tim Grant
11. Sika Manu
12. Elijah Taylor
13. Adam Docker

14. James Segeyaro
15. Brent Kite
16. Nigel Plum
17. Tyrone Peachey

Finish: Anywhere between 4-10

Top Try Scorer- David Simmons
Top Point Scorer- Jamie Soward

We have a massive squad we should do well this season anything less than a semi final appearance will be a massive disappointment.
Kev Naiqama needs to play. Far too talented to be stuck in reserve grade.

anjado

Juniors
Kev Naiqama needs to play. Far too talented to be stuck in reserve grade.

Yeah to be honest i was trying to find a place to put him i think he would start in the centres but we have about 10 back rowers and stupidly re-signed Kevin Kingston.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I don't think anyone knows how the Raiders will line up next season, but this would be my team.

1. Robinson
2. Tupou
3. Croker
4. Wighton
5. Lee
6. Campese
7. Cornish
8. Shillington
9. McCrone
10. White
11. Papalii
12. Edwards
13. Fensom

14. Milford
15. Latu
16. Vaughan
17. TLL

1. Milford
2. Lee
3. Croker
4. Wighton
5. Robinson
6. Campese
7. Cornish
8. Shillington
9. Baptise
10. White
11. Papalii
12. Edwards
13. Fensom

McCrone, TLL, Vaughan, Latu

Bottom 8

DIMEAST

Juniors
1. Sam Tomkins
2. Glen Fisiiahi
3. Konrad Hurrell
4. Dane Neilson - (Ngani Laumape not far behind, need Neilson for defence at this stage)
5. Manu Vatuvei

6. Chad Townsend
7. Shaun Johnson

8. Suaia Matagi
9. Thomas Leuluai
10. Sam Rapira

11. Feleti Mateo
12. Jason Bukuya
13. Simon Mannering

14. Kevin Locke
15. Sam Lousi
16. Ben Matulino
17. Jacob Lillyman

I know other Warriors fans will disagree with some of my selections, but in the past we have always done well with two dynamic hookers in the squad. Leuluai is in the top echelon of hookers and he was made for that position - he's not a natural half. Kevin Locke would be the ultimate impact player from the bench to sub Leuluai or fit in where required.

Chad townsend would be the perfect foil for SJ, and he's already captained his team to take out the NSW cup championship this year so he will be more than ready to get a start.

Sam Lousi was our Vulcans player of the year and he is exactly the type of back rower we need to balance out our team and replace Mateo when he comes off. He's HUGE, but still mobile and has great ball skills. If his attitude is right, he is ready. Bukuya is a solid runner and defender and Mannering is the best defender in the NRL, so that would be a well balanced back row with a much needed upgrade on physicality from last year. Mannering is beast at lock, he plays lock for the Kiwis and it's obvious that's his position.

The props speak for themselves, Matagi is mental and just charges the line full speed every time with no thought of self preservation, him and Rapira on for the opening exchanges would be ideal, then bring in Matulino and Lillyman in for the impact and to play large minutes. Then young Charlie Gubb is nipping at their heels for a spot in the 17, he posted ridiculous numbers for the time he was on against Souths in his debut and only game this year.

Knowing us we could be spoon contenders or premiership contenders, but I'll be optimistic and say we'll finish 5th. We would have been a top 4 team if you only counted the second half of the 2013 season, with a weaker roster than we have now, and considering we we're thrashed in our last 8 games of 2012, 2013 was always gonna start out bumpy.

I know people bag Matt Elliott but he seems to fit this club better than his previous ones and it's well known that McFadden plays a very active role in the coaching - more so than your average assistant coach, and from all reports he's a great first grade coach in the making.

Last edited:

Helmet Man

Juniors
Titans
1. David Mead
2. Kevin Gordon
3. Maurice Blair
4. Jamal Idris
5. Will Zillman
6. Aidan Sezer
7. Albert Kelly
8. Ryan James
9. Beau Falloon/Matt Srama
10. Nate Myles
11. Greg Bird
12. Dave Taylor
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Matt Srama/Beau Falloon
15. Luke Douglas
16. Mark Minichello/Ben Ridge
17. Brad Takairangi/Kalifa Fai Fai Loa

Finish: Anywhere between 5-8

Top Try Scorer- Kevin Gordon/David Mead
Top Point Scorer- Aidan Sezer

Even though Mead would be a good option at fullback i'd rather stick with Zillman for the time being even though i don't want to. If Zillman doesn't play fullback then he should be dropped from the team altogether. He wouldn't be effective on the wings.

I've always thought Zillman's best position is left centre. But that is another story. I'd give him five games to show what he has got. If he doesn't perform then i'd shift Mead to fullback and put Fai Fai Loa as winger.

I would also consider putting Matt White onto the bench because he adds that punch in our forward pack and shift Myles into the second row. Also you forgot about Luke Bailey.

Diesel

Referee
1. Sam Tomkins
2. Glen Fisiiahi
3. Konrad Hurrell
4. Dane Neilson - (Ngani Laumape not far behind, need Neilson for defence at this stage)
5. Manu Vatuvei

6. Chad Townsend
7. Shaun Johnson

8. Suaia Matagi
9. Thomas Leuluai
10. Sam Rapira

11. Feleti Mateo
12. Jason Bukuya
13. Simon Mannering

14. Kevin Locke
15. Sam Lousi
16. Ben Matulino
17. Jacob Lillyman

I know people bag Matt Elliott but he seems to fit this club better than his previous ones and it's well known that McFadden plays a very active role in the coaching - more so than your average assistant coach, and from all reports he's a great first grade coach in the making.

Not knowing much about Chad Townsend I would've thought he would've been in the NSW Cup squad, however TL did a great job for us at #6 and 9 when required. Friend is slowing down but I'd still have him as starting hooker.

2014 means there'll be depth and competition at fullback, five-eighth and hooker and as long as Johnson continues to develop we'll have a great spine and a much better year.

When ME was announced as coach I wasn't happy, but he's done some good things and with McFadden at the Warriors I've heard good things about his abilities too.

Warriors to finish 5th/6th

Last edited:

Mig2006

Juniors
1. Lachlan Coote
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Brent Tate
4. Kane Linnett
5. Kyle Feldt/Wayne Ulugia
6. Jonathan Thurston
7. Robert Lui
8. Matt Scott
9. Ray Thompson
10. James Tamou
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Tariq Sims
13. Joel Reithmuller

14. Cameron King/Rory Kostjayson
15. Jason Taumalolo
16. Scott Bolton
17. Glenn Hall

Cows to finish 5th but we will miss Matty Bowen big time!

Didgi

Anthony Mitchell has to take a bench spot, and Lowe did really well last season in limited opportunities. I'd have him above Glenn Hall.

Mig2006

Juniors
Yeah I'd have Hall out of the 17 but you know he will be there. Hard to see King leaving the Dragons for a spot in the Qld Cup but I agree with you about Lowe.

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Michael Jennings
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Jake Friend
10. Sam Moa
11. Aidan Guerra
12. Sonny Bill Williams
13. Boyd Cordner

14. Daniel Mortimer
15. Frank-Paul Nuuausala
16. Mitchell Aubusson
17. Dylan Napa/Remi Casty

Finish: 1st #BackToBack

Top Try Scorer: Michael Jennings/Daniel Tupou
Top Point Scorer: James Maloney
Player of the Season: Sonny Bill Williams

Tommy Smith

Referee
I agree with your team, BLC.

I also think Napa is a certainty, with Casty fighting FPN for the lock/prop rotation spot on the bench.

Heath L'Estrange might put some pressure on Mortimer, too.

Latest posts