What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
As a supporter of a club that only had approx 8k turn up during our recent win, I will say that the NRL fanbase generally looks for reasons not to attend. But the biggest thing is that the game itself is such a good tv product.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Bomber Bill Day had an impact on Canberra's crowd on Saturday.

The grass being green had an impact on Cantberras crowd.

(El Diablo - thats cant as in like can not do, not the swear word making reference to a ladies vagina)

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Broncos v Cowboys selling like hot cakes.

Black line - sold
Green line - 50% sold/ selling.
GA - Unknown.

As a supporter of a club that only had approx 8k turn up during our recent win, I will say that the NRL fanbase generally looks for reasons not to attend. But the biggest thing is that the game itself is such a good tv product.

Yep. Many fans who are not die hards will look at why spend the money and time going to the game when they can watch it for free on TV. More free to air games live on TV which just exacerbate the matter.

insert.pause

First Grade
Due to popular demand, the NRL has extended the 'two for $100' ticket offer to give even more fans the chance to attend State of Origin 1 in Sydney at ANZ Stadium on 27 May.

Head of Marketing, Lewis Pullen, said the deal was previously available through a newspaper promotion but would now be extended to the general public.

"We've had a great reaction to the 'two for $100' ticket offer, so we decided to give even more fans the opportunity to take advantage of this special deal," Mr Pullen said.

"State of Origin is Australian sport's fiercest rivalry and we are making sure fans can take a friend and see it for as little as $50 each.

"Whether you're a Blue or a Maroon, we want all fans to be part of the atmosphere at ANZ Stadium – something State of Origin can deliver like no other sporting contest.

"There's nothing like being at the game and with the opening match less than three weeks away, we expect this special 'two for $100' offer to be popular."

Tickets are available at www.nrl.com/tickets until sold out, so be quick.

http://www.nrl.com/two-for-$100-origin-offer-extended/tabid/10874/newsid/86130/default.aspx

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
Agree whoever organised the pricing needs a reality check.Best seats best prices,crap seats price accordingly.
The who thing smacks of a last minute effort to fill the stadium,when it could have been done weeks ago,by realistic pricing.People these days watch their coin,more than ever.

Let's face it, Origin 1 is not selling well because they jacked up the prices in Sydney to "subsidize" the prices for Origin 2 in Melbourne Same with Origin 3 for that matter.

I mean the prices for Origin 1 tickets -

Diamond - $280.36
Platinum - $224.29
Gold - $168.22
Silver - $117.24
Bronze - $71.36.

For Origin 2 at the MCG -

Diamond - (Unable to find)
Platinum - $173.32
Gold - $132.54
Silver - $86.66
Bronze - $50.98.

Even Origin 3 at Suncorp prices are overly high in my opinion -

Gold - $224.29
Silver - $193.70
White - $147.83
Bronze - (unable to find).

The above are full price for adults taken from Ticketek.

People in NSW will not pay that kind of money normally at all.

insert.pause

First Grade
Let's face it, Origin 1 is not selling well because they jacked up the prices in Sydney to "subsidize" the prices for Origin 2 in Melbourne Same with Origin 3 for that matter.

I mean the prices for Origin 1 tickets -

Diamond - $280.36
Platinum - $224.29
Gold - $168.22
Silver - $117.24
Bronze - $71.36.

For Origin 2 at the MCG -

Diamond - (Unable to find)
Platinum - $173.32
Gold - $132.54
Silver - $86.66
Bronze - $50.98.

Even Origin 3 at Suncorp prices are overly high in my opinion -

Gold - $224.29
Silver - $193.70
White - $147.83
Bronze - (unable to find).

The above are full price for adults taken from Ticketek.

People in NSW will not pay that kind of money normally at all.
telegraph rubbish, the victorian government subsidises cheaper prices by paying the NRL MILLIONS to play the game in Melbourne, the NRL aren't losing anything by playing it at the MCG that needs to be subsidised by hiking up prices in NSW. Tickets obviously aren't priced appropriately, but it's got zero to do with the game being played in Melbourne. All of which goes right over Dean Ritchies fat head!

beave

Coach
They will just drop the price a week before like they did in brissy last year. F$&@ing annoyed me because I bought my tix early for game 3 but decided at the last minite to go to game 1 and got better seats for half the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts