What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

guyver78

Juniors
Seats were great, Guyver, so comfy. I am heartbroken!

Mate putting the great seats that you had aside I feel your pain.
To make your way down to another state, spend all that money, have the game already won only for that to happen. Fecken OUCH!!!!!
I would cry if my team lost like that in the GF. Feel for you Brisbane boys, I really do.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Mate putting the great seats that you had aside I feel your pain.
To make your way down to another state, spend all that money, have the game already won only for that to happen. Fecken OUCH!!!!!
I would cry if my team lost like that in the GF. Feel for you Brisbane boys, I really do.

Yeah, I was so numb I couldn't get a tear out. Probably wouldn't wish a GF loss like that on anyone. I am very gracious in defeat, but the circumstance is so hard to stomach.

Brisbane airport was like a giant funeral this morning. :(

guyver78

Juniors
Someone still pays for them :lol:

Maybe somebody did pay for them, that's besides the point. I find it hard to believe that a few thousands tickets would have been just "snapped up" in the space of 1 hour by the general public. 99% of people who were going to go to that game would have already had their tickets.

The lady I know got 2 for free for her both her boys through a club, she tried to get more but couldn't get anymore then that.

guyver78

Juniors
Yeah, I was so numb I couldn't get a tear out. Probably wouldn't wish a GF loss like that on anyone. I am very gracious in defeat, but the circumstance is so hard to stomach.

Brisbane airport was like a giant funeral this morning. :(

I bet it probably was. Tackle Thurston & you've got the game. At least it was Nth Qld & not the Storm or somebody like that.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Maybe somebody did pay for them, that's besides the point. I find it hard to believe that a few thousands tickets would have been just "snapped up" in the space of 1 hour by the general public. 99% of people who were going to go to that game would have already had their tickets.

The lady I know got 2 for free for her both her boys through a club, she tried to get more but couldn't get anymore then that.

Your initial implication was pretty clear - you were trying to claim that the only reason 82.7k turned up is because of giveaways.

Do you make room for the fact that the vast majority of tickets were paid for? Were you aware the game was declared a sell-out mid afternoon?

I fail to understand fans who look for an unproven negative to bring down a game they supposedly love.

Just had a text from a lady at work who's boys are ball boys for the NRL & they got Plaitnum tickets for free this morning so as I suspected the NRL must have given 1000's away for free.

The first thing I do when I get free stuff on a long weekend is text random work acquaintances

POPEYE

Coach
It's such a rugby league thing. People have got to stop it.

Not just a Rugby League thing ol' mate, Australians love finding ways to denigrate, embracing is not in our vocabulary . . . try spelling it with capital R and L, you'll feel a different person

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's been a great year for RL big event crowds this year. Just need to translate this to club support now.
Great nines crowd
Perth sold out
Record origin crowd
Record NRL gf crowd
Record sl gf crowd

Hopefully we see the test matches well attended.

JamesRustle

First Grade
It's been a great year for RL big event crowds this year. Just need to translate this to club support now.
Great nines crowd
Perth sold out
Record origin crowd
Record NRL gf crowd
Record sl gf crowd

Great crowds in the other regional and potential expansion areas too.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Great nines crowd
Perth sold out
Record origin crowd
Record NRL gf crowd
Record sl gf crowd

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Saint Doc

Coach
LMAO. I know you're a troll but including Perth in that list of crowd achievements is hilarious, even for you.

It's like saying..wow I've been alive for some massive world news events:
- Princess Diana's death
- Thst great chocolate milkshake I had
- 9/11
- Bali bombings
- MH370 disappearance

t-ba

Post Whore
LMAO. I know you're a troll but including Perth in that list of crowd achievements is hilarious, even for you.

It's like saying..wow I've been alive for some massive world news events:
- Princess Diana's death
- Thst great chocolate milkshake I had
- 9/11
- Bali bombings
- MH370 disappearance

In Perth?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Tickets selling well for the test matches. Just 250 seats left in the 25,500 capacity Hull KC stadium for tonights first test.

Harrigan

Juniors
Over 40,000 sold for the London test next weekend too. If England win in the morning then the tickets should sell pretty well and be close to a sell out at the Olympic Stadium.

undertaker

Coach
Over 40,000 sold for the London test next weekend too. If England win in the morning then the tickets should sell pretty well and be close to a sell out at the Olympic Stadium.

Too bad the match wasn't at Wembley. Would've been great having the re-match of the 2013 RLWC semi there.

Anyways, hopefully they will play the fixture there in the 2016 four-nations.

Latest posts