What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Knights Draw

Apey

Staff member
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/draw-results/nrl.html

Only have to play a bunch of the top teams from last year once for a change; Storm, Manly, Souths, Roosters.

A shame that our only Storm game is down at AAMI though, we usually go okay against them at home. Just noticed the Manly & South games are away too... damn.

Last edited:

Zoidberg

First Grade
Kind of the opposite to 2014 back end of the season, 5 of last 7 games are away.

I know there is a lot of complications to doing up the draw but I don't know why the 1st 15 rounds aren't simply everyone playing everyone else, 1 week at home, 1 week away.

And yes, very nice to get 2 SE QLD games.

Butto

Juniors
Would clubs request teams for home games in the hope of drawing bigger crowds . No manly /souths /storm . Manly and souths were big crowds 2013 and neither played here last year . I will probably wait for the draw before I renew again next year .

LJC

Juniors
Draw is very family friendly! A lot of Saturday afternoon fixtures. Great for travelling fans and the kids!

Don't think the Knights have highlighted this very user friendly draw to the public enough!

Noname36

First Grade
Draw is very family friendly! A lot of Saturday afternoon fixtures. Great for travelling fans and the kids!

Don't think the Knights have highlighted this very user friendly draw to the public enough!

Saturday arvo can be a tough one I think. A lot of families with kids have their own sports on Saturday which I think will decrease attendance. Sunday arvo is always good for us.

macavity

Referee
Would clubs request teams for home games in the hope of drawing bigger crowds . No manly /souths /storm . Manly and souths were big crowds 2013 and neither played here last year . I will probably wait for the draw before I renew again next year .

The Broncos and glamour Sydney clubs get what they want, and then the rest of us get what's left.

slotmachine

First Grade
The Broncos and glamour Sydney clubs get what they want, and then the rest of us get what's left.

Lol, im sure the broncs ask to play every Friday night in perpetuity.

Our draw is fantastic because we play the 4 worst teams twice and the 3 best teams once. I think only the warriors have it easier.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade

Lol most of our supporter base are kids and the elderly. Afternoons are perfect for us.

Our draw is fantastic because we play the 4 worst teams twice and the 3 best teams once. I think only the warriors have it easier.

The only thing I dislike about it is that we play all the top teams away. We can usually knock the top sides off at home.

Well manly will be a shadow of their former selves this season. They have lost 2 high profile players plus distractions on where foran and DCE will end up, at the moment their futures have already turned into a circus and also their is no hiding that there are a few internal issues there.

They will struggle to make the 8.

macavity

Referee

Yeah, damn those 7 day turnarounds

7 day turnarounds can be detrimental to teams as they can often become complacent. Brisbane have struggled with it IMO. Media speculation about the Broncs somehow being the next target of the CCC will not help their cause.

Last edited:
If you don't agree then that is fine. I guess what I am saying is that they know what the schedule is for home games and sometimes do not go as hard into certain games as they would others cos they have the luxury of 2-3 days extra recovery time leading into it. It is a mental lethargy I suppose.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Yeah cant agree with it. Clubs bounce around between 5 and 9 day turn arounds. Using your logic, some teams may go from a 7 day to 8 day to 9 day turn around over three weeks.if your theory is true, than these clubs are susceptible to becoming complacent. I think the advantage for the broncos is the fact that they dont get 5 day turnarounds however the also dont get 9 day turnarounds either. My gripe is having the scummy broncos on every friday night...

Latest posts