What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL 9's | RANGITOTO | Eels, Manly, Knights, Dragons

Top Two in Rangitoto?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2015-ninesRANGITOTO-1.jpg

PAR-LUteams.jpg

Bureta Faraimo, Semi Radradra, John Folau, Brad Takairangi, Reece Robinson, Corey Norman, Chris Sandow (c), Junior Paulo, Kaysa Pritchard, Peni Terepo, Manu Ma'u, Tepai Moeroa, Joseph Paulo, David Gower, Kenny Edwards, Halauafu Lavaka, Pauli Pauli, Luke Kelly

MAN-LUteams.jpg

Daly Cherry-Evans (c), Manaia Rudolph, Jayden Hodges, Brayden Wiliame, Tony Satini, Kieran Foran, Clinton Gutherson, Tom Trbojevic, Peta Hiku, Tom Symonds, Cheyse Blair, James Hasson, Feleti Mateo, Jesse Sene-Lefao, Josh Starling, Michael Chee Kam, Blake Leary, Dunamis Lui

NEW-LUteams.jpg

Sione Mata'utia, Jake Mamo, Dane Gagai, Chanel Mata'utia, Carlos Tuimavave, Jarrod Mullen (c), Tyrone Roberts, Pat Mata'utia, Adam Clydsdale, Paterika Vaivai, Tyler Randell, Chris Houston, Robbie Rochow, Nathan Ross, Korbin Sims, Joseph Tapine, Jack Stockwell, Danny Levi

SGI-LUteams.jpg

Euan Aitken, Mike Cooper, Shannon Crook, Josh Dugan, Tyson Frizell, Craig Garvey, Nathan Green, Yaw Kiti Glymin, Beau Henry, Dan Hunt, Benji Marshall (c), Peter Mata'utia, Will Matthews, Eto Nabuli, Jason Nightingale, Adam Quinlan, Joel Thompson, Shannon Wakeman​

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
lots of pace in that squad. will be good to watch them. Hopefully other sides name strong squads like Knights and NZ have

Swarzey

Bench
Fairly confident we'll get out of the group stages but probably bow out in the following round or at best the next. Do look forward to seeing the likes of Vaivai and Ross. Were excellent in NSW Cup last year and have high hopes both get to play first grade at some point.

Noname36

First Grade
On one hand I'm looking forward to watching that Knights side have a run around but on the other as a fan I'm kinda horrifed seeing Mullen's name there.

shiznit

Coach
On one hand I'm looking forward to watching that Knights side have a run around but on the other as a fan I'm kinda horrifed seeing Mullen's name there.
I can understand that line of thinking... Especially after what happened last year with him getting injured.

But looking at it objectively... Unless they were going to avoid playing him in any trial games I see no reason for you to be worried about him.

He needs to get some form of football in to him before the season proper and 9's is no worse than a trial game.

Noname36

First Grade
I can understand that line of thinking... Especially after what happened last year with him getting injured.

But looking at it objectively... Unless they were going to avoid playing him in any trial games I see no reason for you to be worried about him.

He needs to get some form of football in to him before the season proper and 9's is no worse than a trial game.

Yeah you're right...especially when I think he ripped his hammy from the bone last year which is an injury which probably would have happened regardless of whether he was playing in the 9s or just at training.

I love the 9s as well and you don't wanna see your faster/more skillful players prevented from playing on nothing but a precaution.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
So for an and dce set them up beautifully for or Mateo to do something stupid and completely ruin it for or them?

oikee

Juniors
The same 3-4 teams that were in the finals last year all look the goods again.
Smokey could be the Eels.
Cows and Warriors team to beat, the Broncos look good along with the Knights.
Over 40 thousand tickets sold.

Noname36

First Grade
Manly's side looks great. Surprised they picked both DCE and Foran but it'll be great for the competition.

Strangely enough I think this is probably one of the strongest pools even though only one of the sides made the semis last year. It'll be interesting to see what Parra name because Manly, Newcastle and the Dragons have all named decent sides.

Pretty impossible to predict which sides will go through.

Last edited:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Pretty bloody happy with that Manly side. 15-1 still... I think we look a bit better than that. We can win it with that squad.

Rhyno

First Grade
Eels squad

The Eels Nines squad:
1. Will Hopoate
2. Semi Radradra
3. John Folau
4. Brad Takairangi
5. Reece Robinson
6. Corey Norman
7. Chris Sandow (c)
8. Junior Paulo