What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
From the perspective of someone who is currently a jersey designer, the club gets MUCH more say than you'd expect.

In fact, I'd say in terms of influence, the team's sponsors receptionists nephew that once did a graphic design course has as much say as the designer for certain clubs

I f*cking hate focus groups....

It sounds good in theory to get input from a segment of the markets, but that was what made the monsters from the Alien movie sequels a joke.

Just once, id love to see execs put some faith in people actually qualified. You might not have the gimmicky aspects that produce the immediate sales, but at least there is a bit of self respect involved....

Dogs jerseys are awful.

I think they hit both ends of the scale. Their main Home & Away jerseys are usually pretty good, but their "specials" are plain awful.

But Timmah is right, as much as the purists hate them, gimmicky jerseys seems to sell, which means more money in the clubs pocket.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Any particular reason why 2015 jerseys arent on sale at rebel? I have been to both rebel sports that are local lately and both only had retro and discount 2014 jerseys for sale. Maybe its just lazy owners but i would ha e though clubs would be pushing their new jerseys pre christmas to take advantage of the shopping season

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Erina and Tuggerah are normally behind the 8-ball when it comes to receiving stock. Anyone in the city got any idea how stock is that end of the spectrum?

WellsNZ

Juniors
10386837_1575500442665828_8960465750190935651_n.jpg

From https://www.facebook.com/RugbyLeagueJerseys

What's up with the weird like Asian Bulldog Koi Carps.

This thing is a f**king abomination.

LineBall

Juniors
Manly 9's is...interesting

While I appreciate that the 9's is a chance for designers to let loose - surely you should be still able to pick which team is playing. If that jersey didn't have Kapersky or the Sea Eagle Logo on it, how could you ever tell it was Manly?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Probably by the fact there's a surfer on the front and the trim is maroon?

You know Manly is a beaches-based team, yeah

LineBall

Juniors
Probably by the fact there's a surfer on the front and the trim is maroon?

You know Manly is a beaches-based team, yeah

Yeah, but you could argue a surfer could be Cronulla, Even Bondi - Roosters. Still it's better than the dog's jersey.

Alpha

Juniors
Could one of the photoshop guys do a mockup of this with maroon sleeves.

It may improve it.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Sorry but that Bulldogs jersey is one of the ugliest f*cking things I have seen.

Has it got roses through it FFS???

Someone stuffed that up. Big time.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Could one of the photoshop guys do a mockup of this with maroon sleeves.

It may improve it.

just coat it in dogshit, that would also improve it.

that jersey is probably the worst i've now seen. the look on forans face says it all....

makes the dogs 9's jersey look great

sheepbender

Juniors
catalans-jersey-cup-adt-2015.jpg

I know many of you will think its over complicated but I'm loving the Catalans 3rd jersey.. It would probably only work as a 9s jersey, Broncos perhaps..

Latest posts