What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 World Club Series | 21-23 Feb

Bovrick

Juniors
I actually like this ref. Doesn't give a stream of meaningless ruck penalties.

It won't be like that next week. For some reason the games have been reffed very differently to usual this weekend; seems like it was open season in the ruck leading to slow, slow games.

That said, fantastic controlled performance from Souths. Congratulations.

alien

Referee
that drop goal at the end to make it 39 nil was important because it made it the biggest winning margin in world club championship history.

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

LeedsStorm

Juniors
So the three worst defeats in WCC history are all attributed to Saints. 6 consecutive grand final defeats to their name too. If I had a heart I'd feel sorry for them :D

Jason Maher

Immortal
If f**king Ben Flower didn't leave his brain at home, Shit Helens would have got nowhere near the Super League title.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Well sh*t i didn't expect that. So happy waking up to that, credit to Saints they didn't give up but they were just nowhere near to the standard we put on. So glad we were absolutely ruthless for the whole 80 even with Reynolds, Goodwin and Walker taking breaks. Good team effort and i am so excited for the season.

Harrigan

Juniors
This series has highlighted how the British game will never catch up until they become more structured. The quality of player is there in general, they just don't know how to play.

Oh, and Souths will beat a few good NRL teams down like that this year too. In the conditions that was almost a perfect performance.

This series has highlighted how the British game will never catch up until they become more structured. The quality of player is there in general, they just don't know how to play.

That is what one of the TV commentators said during the second half. He commented that when you looked at the Dragons, Broncos and Rabbitohs they all had one thing in common and that was structure. They play to it and build on it, grinding their opposition down.

The UK teams don't. This was exemplified by a high kick to the wing when Saint Helens were on the half way line. All it did was give Souths the ball back near halfway. Souths then rolled down field, rolled the ball in goal and forced a goal line drop out.

Until the UK teams realise that playing off the cuff all the time will not work, they will lag behind Australasian teams

It's like St Helens expected that every time they spread the ball wide, they would score. When they didn't score and got bundled into touch they were shocked. To be fair to them, this its generally the case in Superleague. But against a very good defensive team like Souths, you need to bring more to the table.

One thing I've learned from this weekend of football is that the English kicking game is terribly inferior to the Australian one.

Chook Norris

First Grade
This series once again highlights how terribly far apart the ESL and NRL are. People will point to the closeness of the opening 2 games but, jesus, we sent over 2 of our bottom 8 teams against their top 3 sides! No idea how people can continue to claim that the ESL is closer in quality to the NRL than we think... totally not the case. The English game is vastly inferior in quality and intensity

Latest posts