What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 World Club Series | 21-23 Feb

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
It's like St Helens expected that every time they spread the ball wide, they would score. When they didn't score and got bundled into touch they were shocked. To be fair to them, this its generally the case in Superleague. But against a very good defensive team like Souths, you need to bring more to the table.

One thing I've learned from this weekend of football is that the English kicking game is terribly inferior to the Australian one.

And for that reason (as well as the point about structure), I think all 3 NRL teams would have won that world club challenge, but not by 39 points.

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
This series once again highlights how terribly far apart the ESL and NRL are. People will point to the closeness of the opening 2 games but, jesus, we sent over 2 of our bottom 8 teams against their top 3 sides! No idea how people can continue to claim that the ESL is closer in quality to the NRL than we think... totally not the case. The English game is vastly inferior in quality and intensity

the gap is obvious but i think wigan amd warrington shoupd have one and neither played to their best potential with lots of dropped ball and being on the end of rough calls.

I would like to see the pwpowers that be persist with multiple games even if they are friendlies in the time being as it gets a lot of media in england and exposes a few teams to NRL intensity every year so it doesnt come as daunting come the internationals.

Also the salary cap is needed in some form in SL but i would loke to see it raised and marquee spots opened up so SL clubs can attract and retain homegrown and overseas talent. The likes of leeds, wigan and saints could attract top end talent if given half a chance without a salary cap as low as it is. dont forget that all 3 touring sides have british players who would be easily starting in super league, the RFL neess to set the conditions financially for english clubs to keep that talent they produce, ffs there is nearly a team of league players running about the english RU premiership now!

Latest posts