What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 WORLD CUP FINAL: Australia v New Zealand at MCG Sunday 29th March 2015

TheParraboy

Staff member
NZ about 100 runs short

looks like a disappointing final unless kiwis can jag back to back wickets soonish

Canard

Immortal
Change the channel then?

Frankly I'm channel surfing. Would have loved a contest. Australia winning is great, but a good game would have been nice.

You can just tell by the traffic in this thread that interest is way down.

kdalymc

Bench
Was a great tourney from a NZ/Australia perspective, but overall I thought was a little lackluster compared to previous editions. Part of this was the drawn out group phase though.

Yeah the f**ken thing went for 6 months.
Ffs with tests you play all day for 5 days straight. Why do they need a week break for 100 overs...

Also does the blue box with the players mugs have to take up the whole screen ffs..

Canard

Immortal
I really don't get having a drawn out group stage and then pay the quarters and final in less than a week.

A bigger build up might have benefited this game.

vvvrulz

Coach
I thought it was a fantastic tournament and I loved the group stage, but I will admit the play-offs come and go far too fast. A super 6/8 type format actually works ok if rain/forfeits/geniused performances don't get in the way.

This final was bitterly disappointing but full credit to Australia for being by far the better side today, kiwis didn't disgrace themselves and are the rightful #2. I don't see any miracle win here, they simply want this too badly to screw it up.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Especially when there really isn't much riding on the group stages for the teams who have a genuine shot at winning and are never going to miss out on the finals (lol England).

The lack of close/tense games has also hurt the tournament, which is probably the main reason I feel like its been lacking something. Even in 2003 when Australia swept everyone before them there were games where they were on the rack (vs Eng and NZ) but were rescued by Bichel with the bat a couple of times IIRC.

Bazal

Post Whore
lol his technique used to get absolutely blasted here a few years ago.

Because too many people equate unusual with bad. The best batting coaching I ever got was bat the way you feel comfortable batting, who cares what the text books say. Smith is a great example of that, so was Phil Hughes before his confidence went through the floor. It's not a classical technique but it sure as hell works for him

vvvrulz

Coach
Especially when there really isn't much riding on the group stages for the teams who have a genuine shot at winning and are never going to miss out on the finals (lol England).

The lack of close/tense games has also hurt the tournament, which is probably the main reason I feel like its been lacking something. Even in 2003 when Australia swept everyone before them there were games where they were on the rack (vs Eng and NZ) but were rescued by Bichel with the bat a couple of times IIRC.

2007 was far worse than this.

Australia were so good it wasn't even funny and India/Pakistan went full genius in the first week. Pretty much zero games were worth remembering and only Sri Lanka looked even remotely up to the task.