What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 WORLD CUP FINAL: Australia v New Zealand at MCG Sunday 29th March 2015

African Monkey

First Grade
2007 was far worse than this.

Australia were so good it wasn't even funny and India/Pakistan went full genius in the first week. Pretty much zero games were worth remembering and only Sri Lanka looked even remotely up to the task.
Lol 2007 was an absolute shocker of a tournament. Dragged on and on for about 3 months infront of empty stadiums where they hiked up ticket prices, had police lying about the death of Bob Woolmer and then that farcical end in the final where they were made to come back out and play.

A shame we haven't made a game of this. Australia far too good on the big stage.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
2007 was far worse than this.

Australia were so good it wasn't even funny and India/Pakistan went full genius in the first week. Pretty much zero games were worth remembering and only Sri Lanka looked even remotely up to the task.

Oh yeah, this tournament is far from the worst. I wasn't fussed on 2011 either. 1999 was similar to this one, quite a few one sides matches even between the big nations, and then had that epic semi final where again SA lost before a shocker of a final.

1996 was the best IMO. 1992 and 2003 were pretty good even if 2003 was hurt a little by teams pulling out and essentially walking Kenya into the finals.

1999 was like this one, a little slow to get going, never reached great heights, but had some great moments.

2007/20011 - meh.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Dissappointing anti-climax to what has been a great tourney.....I'm throwing in the towel.

Well done Australia. Wankers.

evil_zpsf21c9acc.jpg

vvvrulz

Coach
That final ended up a fizzer to.

... and it should have been a cracker if not for SuperGilly, the stupidity of having a 40 over match (I think was) and then bowling in pitch black because the match referee said so.

Canard

Immortal
... and it should have been a cracker if not for SuperGilly, the stupidity of having a 40 over match (I think was) and then bowling in pitch black because the match referee said so.

Yep basically a 40/40 game.

vvvrulz

Coach
Oh yeah, this tournament is far from the worst. I wasn't fussed on 2011 either. 1999 was similar to this one, quite a few one sides matches even between the big nations, and then had that epic semi final where again SA lost before a shocker of a final.

1996 was the best IMO. 1992 and 2003 were pretty good even if 2003 was hurt a little by teams pulling out and essentially walking Kenya into the finals.

1999 was like this one, a little slow to get going, never reached great heights, but had some great moments.

2007/20011 - meh.

1992 don't remember.
1996 was amazing, great games all the way and a great underdog winner.
1999 as you say had its moments but the semi final was really the final.
2003 was pretty good but only India and Australia got going, and the final was terrible.
2007 pitiful.
2011 I enjoyed until the India v Pak and India vs SL match. Both matches seemed fishy.

2015? Probably below 96 and level with 03 and 11 for mine.

Latest posts