What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Draw

MrBlack

Juniors
Looks like a soft run home

Knights - Tigers - Titans - Eagles

The first 8 weeks pretty tough though.

Only 1 Monday Night game

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
A few rounds where we get to see all 3 grades in the one day.My gripe is that we have quite a number of day games at the front end of the draw.Going to be a toll on the players if the forecast of a very-very hot Summer is true.Summer has a bit of a habit in dragging all the way into April.

Last edited:

roofromoz

First Grade
The draw:

1 - Canberra @ GIO Stadium
2 - Canterbury @ Pepper Stadium
3 - Brisbane @ Pepper Stadium
4 - St. George Illawarra @ WIN Stadium
5 - Parramatta @ Pirtek Stadium
6 - North Queensland @ Pepper Stadium
7 - Sydney Roosters @ Allianz Stadium
8 - Cronulla @ Shark Park
9 - Canberra @ Carrington Park, Bathurst
10 - NZ Warriors at AMI Stadium, Christchurch
11 - Gold Coast @ Pepper Stadium
12 - BYE
13 - Melbourne @ AAMI Park
14 - Manly @ Brookvale Oval
15 - BYE
16 - South Sydney @ Pepper Stadium
17 - Wests Tigers @ ANZ Stadium
18 - Cronulla @ Pepper Stadium
19 - Parramatta @ Pepper Stadium
20 - Brisbane @ Suncorp Stadium
21 - NZ Warriors @ Mount Smart Stadium
22 - Sydney Roosters @ Pepper Stadium
23 - Newcastle @ Hunter Stadium
24 - Wests Tigers @ Pepper Stadium
25 - Gold Coast @ CBUS Super Stadium
26 - Manly @ Pepper Stadium

greynurse

Juniors
New Zealand in New Zealand twice :crazy: but i guess they have done it for the cash but having to wait over 4 weeks for home game seems ridiculous. This may result in losses and losses do not get bums on seats!!

GongPanther

Referee
Rnd 1: Canberra $1.70 Panthers $2.20.

Fantastic value there for the Panthers fans to jump on early.In fact,the first round will always throw up surprise winners,so I wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders get this one...but I doubt it.

mxlegend99

Referee
This far out every game should be 50/50. Still a long way to go in pre-season and trials for teams to pick up injuries to realise they are horribly poor in areas and need improvement. Not sure how you can rate any sides Round 1 chances as anything other than 50/50 right now.

Even in a game that should be a blow out. Round 1 games tend to be a lottery for various reasons.

Kilkenny

Coach
Christchurch and Bathurst can get rooted.

Bathurst is an easier drive than going to Brookvale or Allianz provided you reside at Penrith or west of same so no big deal there.

Christchurch well obviously you can't drive there but for those with a few bucks it's a great opportunity to have a nice holiday in the South Island to couple it with the footy. Not sure yet whether we will make the trip but will certainly consider it.

At the end of the day it is a business and sadly dollars and cents determine why we have to take to home games away from CUA, Centerbet or Pepper Stadium.

maple_69

Bench
I would have preferred the byes to be later in the year.

Tom.

Our byes always seem to be close together and reasonably early. Given they both line up to an Origin week it means we don't get the advantage of playing weakened teams much which is typically an advantage for us with few SOO reps. I wonder if Penrith requests byes close together to create a bit of an easy period halfway through to give the players a good break.

Full Draw revealed:

Rnd 21
Panthers v Warriors @ Mt Smart Stadium
5pm (local time) Saturday, July 30

Rnd 22
Panthers v Roosters @ Pepper Stadium
7pm Monday, August 8

Rnd 23
Panthers v Knights @ Hunter Stadium
2pm Sunday, August 14

Rnd 24
Panthers v Wests Tigers @ Pepper Stadium