What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos Discussion

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The reality is the NRL couldn't sell a single sponsorship for the national team. Yes it made for a better looking jersey but how f**king useless is the admin? The NZRL is run by two blokes out of the back of a station wagon and they had multiple sponsors for the Kiwis. Remember how the arlc were going to improve the corporate and commercial side of the game because they're business people? What a joke. I suppose the fact they've told the world this fixture is unwanted and the Kangaroo brand is now an off season non-event helps. f**king incompetent.

Can someone hook this guy up with a Suicide Watch program???

... actually, never mind. Let's just let this play out
:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Loved the lack of sponsors, made the kiwi short look cheap and nasty with that ugly box on their back. I'd be more the happy to see all national shirts sponsor free and representing the honour they should hold rather than being billboards.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Looks like Jubilee Oval has a new, extraordinarily confusing name.

Ch7VuooVEAA0TZO.jpg

beave

Coach
Couldn't they just, you know, sponsor the ground that's actually located in Wollongong??...

Saint Doc

Coach
The problem with the Sharks is that they have the entire current logo as 1/3rd to 1/2 the new logo. It's like a logo within a logo, with extra stuff tacked on top.

B would be best if they just used the shark in the middle, got rid of the "Sharks" and "est 1967"

Saint Doc

Coach
According to the club email, it will be called UOW Jubilee Oval.

Whilst confusing, it's arguably less confusing than WIN Stadium/ WIN Jubilee

Saint Doc

Coach
According to the club email, it will be called UOW Jubilee Oval.

Whilst confusing, it's arguably less confusing than WIN Stadium/ WIN Jubilee

_Johnsy

Referee
The reality is the NRL couldn't sell a single sponsorship for the national team. Yes it made for a better looking jersey but how f**king useless is the admin? The NZRL is run by two blokes out of the back of a station wagon and they had multiple sponsors for the Kiwis. Remember how the arlc were going to improve the corporate and commercial side of the game because they're business people? What a joke. I suppose the fact they've told the world this fixture is unwanted and the Kangaroo brand is now an off season non-event helps. f**king incompetent.

Based on ? ............................

kdalymc

Bench
yes.
but i think its disrepecftul selling Anzac jerseys...
Woolies gets in trouble, pubs get in trouble, but nrl can sell a jersey for $180 and not give the RSL a cent? f**kouttahere.

capitalizing on the Anzacs in the finest example right there.

Timmah

Staff member
Clubs forgot a bit this year and had to correct late - but they're not allowed to be called ANZAC jerseys, they must be referred to as Commemorative Jerseys.

Timmah

Staff member
First Kogarah game of the season, wanted to wear the Red V. Means they can wear indigenous jersey in same game as Souths next week

Pommy

Coach
But isn't this week indigenous round? Or am I a week early?

Pretty sure Souths are wearing it next Thursday against Saints and theres indigenous themed events leading up to the game.
I believe it is a week late though. :?:

Does anybody else think it's a bit disrespectful chucking ads on ANZAC and Indigenous jerseys?

Not really but I don't think they should be selling ANZAC shirts without a decent donation from each shirt going to a service charity of some description. Obviously no ads would be better, Penriths last year was decent.
The indigenous ones I don't think its disrespectful. As far as I am aware they're designed by indigenous artists who obviously are not too worried about the adverts.

Last edited: