What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 NBA Draft

ByRd

First Grade
That is a great trade for the Thunder imo. I think they have exhausted their current roster and Ibaka is in his final year under contract.

To get Oladipo who fills a hold at the 2 spot as well Ersan who can stretch the floor and a nice, young prospect will help the Thunder.

Also, Welcome to the Lakers Ingram!!! Loving our young core especially with Lukeeeeeeeee as head coach.

shiznit

Coach
That is a great trade for the Thunder imo. I think they have exhausted their current roster and Ibaka is in his final year under contract.

To get Oladipo who fills a hold at the 2 spot as well Ersan who can stretch the floor and a nice, young prospect will help the Thunder.

Also, Welcome to the Lakers Ingram!!! Loving our young core especially with Lukeeeeeeeee as head coach.
The only issue I really have is there could be lack of consistent shooting between Westbrook & Oladipo.

They could still fix it as the trade opens up abit of cap space for more upgrades...

The key is still KD though...

McLovin

Staff member

They've gone the wrong path with this one. Dipo's just an upgraded Waiters, even backing up Even Fournier for a large chunk of the season. Trading away a key player in Ibaka for an inconsistent slasher (which is not what they need at the 2 guard spot) is puzzling considering they just went 7 games against the Warriors. They had a championship calibre team. From Orlando's perspective, do they really think he'll sign on? Guy's gonna walk after a year...

Ingram's a stud. It'll be another long season for the Lakers but excited to see the young guys improve.

Aragorn

First Grade
The only issue I really have is there could be lack of consistent shooting between Westbrook & Oladipo.

They could still fix it as the trade opens up abit of cap space for more upgrades...

The key is still KD though...

After this trade, I just cant see KD leaving. And I think there's plenty of shooting power in that line up - KD, WB,Oli and Kanter & Adams beasting it down low.

What a great starting line up

Durant/Westbrook/Adams/Roberson/Oladipo

supporting - Kanter/Waiters/Payne

That is one strong team/ and very young!

Looking at the age of these guys
Payne - 21
Adams - 22
Kanter - 23
Oladipo - 24
Roberson - 24
Waiters - 24

WB & Durant would be nuts leave such a talented core of young players... although I have no idea how OKC are going to fit everyone in the cap space next year their contracts expire....

Aragorn

First Grade
They've gone the wrong path with this one. Dipo's just an upgraded Waiters, even backing up Even Fournier for a large chunk of the season. Trading away a key player in Ibaka for an inconsistent slasher (which is not what they need at the 2 guard spot) is puzzling considering they just went 7 games against the Warriors. They had a championship calibre team. From Orlando's perspective, do they really think he'll sign on? Guy's gonna walk after a year...

Ingram's a stud. It'll be another long season for the Lakers but excited to see the young guys improve.

Ibaka was all over the place this year. Is he a rim protector or a spot up shooter? I also think he's lost a step or two - could be injuries slowing him down but he wasn't the consistent beast he once was.

I'd do that trade every day of the week.

Plus they scored the 10th pick of the draft to boot. No idea about Sabonis - but another big man is always good.

McLovin

Staff member
Ibaka was all over the place this year. Is he a rim protector or a spot up shooter? I also think he's lost a step or two - could be injuries slowing him down but he wasn't the consistent beast he once was.

I'd do that trade every day of the week.

Plus they scored the 10th pick of the draft to boot. No idea about Sabonis - but another big man is always good.

Trading Ibaka's one thing, but I think they've traded him for the wrong player. We'll find out as the season progresses though...

On Sabonis, I've never seen him either but if he's anything like his dad, they've done well.

FAS33

Juniors
Ingram getting picked by a shit team. Lakers tanked for Ben Simmons. fail franchise fail.

Aragorn

First Grade
Trading Ibaka's one thing, but I think they've traded him for the wrong player. We'll find out as the season progresses though...

On Sabonis, I've never seen him either but if he's anything like his dad, they've done well.

really? I'm big on Oladipo.

Personally I think he should have gone #1 in 2013.

He was doing ok in Orlando but now he's in the right environment & with the right people to reach his potential.

Aragorn

First Grade
Ingram getting picked by a shit team. Lakers tanked for Ben Simmons. fail franchise fail.

Ingram looks like mini-Durant.

Lakers may be shit this year but I bet they go after WB next year and become top 8 overnight. There's enough youth in that team, they just need a marquee star to lead them....

McLovin

Staff member
really? I'm big on Oladipo.

Personally I think he should have gone #1 in 2013.

He was doing ok in Orlando but now he's in the right environment & with the right people to reach his potential.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, just the wrong fit. It's a puzzling trade for both teams imo.

FAS33

Juniors
Ingram looks like mini-Durant.

Lakers may be shit this year but I bet they go after WB next year and become top 8 overnight. There's enough youth in that team, they just need a marquee star to lead them....

Ingram is good. Too bad LA lakers are shyyyyyyte. Top 8? Knights have a better chance of winning the Premiership this year.

Rod

Bench
I'm not saying he's a bad player, just the wrong fit. It's a puzzling trade for both teams imo.

This is probably the best way to put it.

Oladipo is a gun, particularly on defence, but if I'm OKC I'm targeting a better shooter. Him and Westbrook will be a bit suspect in that regard when they're on the floor at the same time. In saying that they'll be an absolute nightmare for opposing teams when they're driving and cutting to the basket.

I love Oladipo so this one is hard for me as a Magic fan, but I can also see Vogel's thinking in going for Ibaka. There's also a bit of a false narrative going around at the moment regarding Ibaka IMO, as if he's already on the decline. He's only 25 still and if given the right role (ie. a bigger role) could do some really good things for us.

We still need to make at least some impact in free agency though.

shiznit

Coach
I think it makes perfect sense for OKC...

Ibaka was going to be a big problem for OKC considering he had been overtaken by Adams as the team's 3rd best player and he was not going to take a contract downgrade....

Then considering that Waiters is also a potential free agent as well now they get cap space as well as not being held to ransom to pay stupid money to keep Waiters like they did for Kanter last summer....

I think Ibaka was never going to resign for less money so they pick up a younger cheaper piece who also helps out with the Waiters situation...

They still need another piece IMO....

Rod

Bench
I think Ibaka was never going to resign for less money so they pick up a younger cheaper piece who also helps out with the Waiters situation...

If you're looking further ahead than next year though, Oladipo will cost a small fortune to keep. He could probably get $18m+ the season after next the way the market is going.

McLovin

Staff member
From Orlando's perspective they've effectively traded Dipo, Tobias Harris (Ersan), and their 10th pick for a guy that will most likely be a single season loan player. He's a good fit alongside Vucevic no doubt but they've basically scrapped 4 years of rebuilding for him. Don't know how i'd feel about that if i were a Magic fan.

Aaron Gordon would be filthy. Fournier is the real winner here.

Aragorn

First Grade
He's only 25 still and if given the right role (ie. a bigger role) could do some really good things for us.

We still need to make at least some impact in free agency though.

25 on paper, but what looks like the legs of a 35 yr old sometimes.

I do agree OKC still needs one more trade though - maybe Waiters and few of the other pieces, Mitch Mcgrady or even Morrow for a pure shooter.

Then they are locked and loaded.

shiznit

Coach
But I think the upside is bigger for Oladipo...

The other thing I forgot to mention is Adams is due next season... They may have just made an early decision on Ibaka to get Adams done...

Rod

Bench
From Orlando's perspective they've effectively traded Dipo, Tobias Harris (Ersan), and their 10th pick for a guy that will most likely be a single season loan player. He's a good fit alongside Vucevic no doubt but they've basically scrapped 4 years of rebuilding for him. Don't know how i'd feel about that if i were a Magic fan.

Aaron Gordon would be filthy. Fournier is the real winner here.

From that perspective it doesn't look great. But that was because we probably didn't get enough for Harris either.

Fournier and Hezonja just became mightily important. Gordon I wouldn't worry about too much, he could be anything I don't think there's was any way we were trading him. I'm sure he's still in the plans big time.

Rod

Bench
The other thing I forgot to mention is Adams is due next season... They may have just made an early decision on Ibaka to get Adams done...

Oh I don't think there's much doubt that Ibaka was likely already on the outer at OKC. It was just a matter of what OKC could manage to get for him.

Latest posts