What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 NFL draft thread

abpanther

Staff member
Might as well up fire this bad boy up for all of us on the losers lounge!

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 43m43 minutes ago
Top 10 picks in 2016 NFL Draft: 1. Tennessee 2. Cleveland 3. SD 4. Dallas 5. Jacksonville 6. Baltimore 7. SF 8. Miami 9. TB 10. NYG

Last edited:

kurt faulk

Coach

It's funny how the whiners were trying to give the game away but the Rams wouldn't have any of that.

Whiners move down to #7. Rams move up to #15.

abpanther

Staff member

It's funny how the whiners were trying to give the game away but the Rams wouldn't have any of that.

Whiners move down to #7. Rams move up to #15.

I know it was the ultimate cripple fight

My early thoughts are that I would like the 49ers to grab a difference maker at #7 (e.g. Treadwell) and then grab a QB to groom in Round 2 or 3(e.g. Wentz)

abpanther

Staff member
Updated draft order

1 Tennessee Titans
2 Cleveland Browns
3 San Diego Chargers
4 Dallas Cowboys
5 Jacksonville Jaguars
6 Baltimore Ravens
7 San Francisco 49ers
8 Miami Dolphins
9 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
10 New York Giants
11 Chicago Bears
12 New Orleans Saints
13 Philadelphia Eagles
14 Oakland Raiders
15 St. Louis Rams
16 Detroit Lions
17 Atlanta Falcons
18 Indianapolis Colts
19 Buffalo Bills
20 New York Jets

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/194439/titans-top-nfls-2016-draft-order

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I agree AB on picking a QB later in the draft.

Looking at the QB's there's no real standout must have to me, just guys who appear a little closer to being NFL ready than others. There's definitely guys who will go in later rounds who could be every bit as good as those projected to go early in 2-3 seasons with the right development.

Of course with so much potential cap space available, who we go for in free agency and the draft will intertwine with each other a little more than usual.

abpanther

Staff member
Looking at the QB's there's no real standout must have to me, just guys who appear a little closer to being NFL ready than others. There's definitely guys who will go in later rounds who could be every bit as good as those projected to go early in 2-3 seasons with the right development.

I agree, it's a strange crop this year at QB and it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

I don't like some of the highly touted guys (e.g. Cook and Lynch) and I think there some mid round guys (e.g. Wentz and Hogan) who could develop into good starters

nick87

Coach
Annoyed about winning today and going from 9th-10th to 13th
but it should be ok. I like picking in around this spot, close enough to move up a little bit if someone the team LOVES falls, high enough to move back if we dont like it...
Lots of options.

We need OT, OG, QB, WR and probably OLB in FA and Draft.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I agree, it's a strange crop this year at QB and it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

I don't like some of the highly touted guys (e.g. Cook and Lynch) and I think there some mid round guys (e.g. Wentz and Hogan) who could develop into good starters

Ugh, don't like Cook at all, agree on that one. Lynch I wouldn't hate IF he fell for whatever reason, but not at #7, no way.

I guess a lot will depend on who is coach and whether or not as a result of that we keep Kap.

well where do you begin.
probably at O Line. we are banged up there all the time it would seem.

however we will lose Malcolm Floyd to retirement and Antonio Gates will be 36

so. a pass catcher?

defensively the team is shithouse and will lose weddell in FA.

So perhaps trade down for more picks.

shiznit

Coach
Good to be picking outside the top 10 for the first time in a while...

Our last 2 drafts were sensational... Reggie needs to hit the mark one more time and I think we will be ready to contend for the division.

Our biggest need in the draft is the secondary... With C-Wood retiring we are terrible there.

I think we have the most cap space in the league for FA... So hopefully we can also use that cap space to help that secondary.

Hopefully free agents will find us more attractive these days...

I think first and foremost we need to sort out the LA issue..

abpanther

Staff member
I'm going to be watching a fair bit of film in the next few months and posting random analysis, it's so much easier to do these days with the websites around.

abpanther

Staff member
Iowa cornerback Desmond King, one of my favourite prospects, is returning to school.

Watch out for him next year!

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
WR or CB straight up - that's all I ask. Then a QB to groom if that's the way we wish to go.

I think the O and D lines can be upgraded/mended in free agency rather than having to the pay for an overpriced CB/WR in the current marketplace. Defensive line also looks reasonably deep in the draft if we're looking for someone to groom there.

Need a linebacker to pair with Bowman too. One need of many.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Steelers plan:

• Bring Gradkowski back as the #3 QB.
  • WR is set with Brown, Wheaton, Bryant, Coates + DHB or whoever shines in camp.
  • RB set with Bell, Williams + whoever wins the #3/4 job in camp and Nix as the FB.
  • Bring back Miller & Spaeth + Jesse James developing.
  • Hold on to Ramon Foster and the line is set, bring in a swing tackle and G depth from FA.
  • Spend all picks on defence.

nick87

Coach
Am i the only one who thinks Joey Bosa is a little over-rated?
That's not to say he's not a really good young player, i think he's a worthy top 10 pick, but im seeing a lot of JJ Watt comparisons and i reckon any team drafting him and expecting him to be the next JJ Watt is going to be disappointed

abpanther

Staff member
From what I have seen so far, this draft is really deep at LB and OL

So far, Myles Jack is the best prospect I have watched. He really impresses me with his versatility, he can play the run (I've seen him toss Olineman aside, he's very strong), cover TEs and WRs in man coverage, inside blitz, rush from the edge, etc.

He's a weapon!

Last edited:

Parra

Referee
If the niners don't sort out the oline then the rest is a moot point. Whether they do this in the draft or FA does not matter. Would be good to get a veteran in the market and some young guns from the draft.

It's best for Kap and the niners if he gets traded.

abpanther

Staff member
Regarding the 49ers, Anthony Davis has already tweeted since the Tomsula firing that he will be back next season.

With Staley and Davis manning the tackle positions and Kilgore back healthy at centre, I think their Oline needs are significantly reduced to just the guard positions (and Tiller showed some promise).

There are much greater needs that need to be addressed early, specifically QB, CB and the front 7

I tell you what though, if Treadwell is there at #7, hmmmm...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Would take Treadwell if he was available at 7.

The guy plays really physical and would either be a great replacement for Boldin if we don't keep him or the perfect guy to be mentored by Boldin if we do.

Don't think he drops to 7 though and even if he does I fear we still end up with a QB.

Latest posts